• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Lance Armstrong Ends Fight Against Doping Charges

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Armstrong going the French route and surrendering, perfect.

Floyd Landis can suck a chainsaw, that cowardly ****. He got caught, and he will slam anyone else who didn't. Or anyone more famous than him. I hope he dies in a horrible accident. Not for his accusations. But for shaming an entire sport.

Still not sure how an AMERICAN agency can strip him of his French sanctioned titles, but whatever.

I say what I've said all along. If he did, which I am not convinced he did, it stands to reason that all the other riders did as well and he still beat them 7 times in the single toughest test of human endurance on earth AFTER SURVIVING CANCER. Plus, has raised a metric assload of money to help others fight Cancer.

USADA, Floyd Landis and the "Cycling" media are just a bunch of fucking crybabies who can't stand someone who did something with their life.

RaiderZar

Absentem laedit cum ebrio
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well it helped him establish a foundation that raised $500 million for cancer research. Thats something.

I think the fact that he had "C" had something to do with that. He should have doped with C-less blood perhaps. :caked:

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1

apachef4

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Armstrong going the French route and surrendering, perfect.

Floyd Landis can suck a chainsaw, that cowardly ****. He got caught, and he will slam anyone else who didn't. Or anyone more famous than him. I hope he dies in a horrible accident. Not for his accusations. But for shaming an entire sport.

Still not sure how an AMERICAN agency can strip him of his French sanctioned titles, but whatever.

I say what I've said all along. If he did, which I am not convinced he did, it stands to reason that all the other riders did as well and he still beat them 7 times in the single toughest test of human endurance on earth AFTER SURVIVING CANCER. Plus, has raised a metric assload of money to help others fight Cancer.

USADA, Floyd Landis and the "Cycling" media are just a bunch of fucking crybabies who can't stand someone who did something with their life.

Lance is an American. I am quite sure it was an imperial assload.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I sure hope Ryder Hesjedal is clean (and I hate the fact that everytime an athlete accomplishes a terrific feat, that's one of the first things that come to mind).

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the fact that he had "C" had something to do with that. He should have doped with C-less blood perhaps. :caked:

Actually, it is a big part of it. At a crude level, he had an "oil change". I remember reading a study written by one of his doctors about how after his treatments, his body just stopped producing lactic acid. Not sure if it was the meds or just nature dealing with the impact of the treatment, but they found that no matter how hard he was pushed, he did not have lactic acid buildup. Lactic acid is what causes the "burn" in your muscles after a workout and causes you to be unable to rebound. In cycling, having no burn is a HUGE advantage.

Indian Chief

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have an open mind about most sports but this really makes it hard to taking cycling seriously.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, it is a big part of it. At a crude level, he had an "oil change". I remember reading a study written by one of his doctors about how after his treatments, his body just stopped producing lactic acid. Not sure if it was the meds or just nature dealing with the impact of the treatment, but they found that no matter how hard he was pushed, he did not have lactic acid buildup. Lactic acid is what causes the "burn" in your muscles after a workout and causes you to be unable to rebound. In cycling, having no burn is a HUGE advantage.

Woah. Never had seen that.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I sure hope Ryder Hesjedal is clean (and I hate the fact that everytime an athlete accomplishes a terrific feat, that's one of the first things that come to mind).

This.

Even Derek Jeter has come into question lately. I'm not a Yanekees fan, but if Jeter was proven to have used something the Baseball world might crumble.

Eddie_Shack

likes oatmeal lumpy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jeff Seidel: Dearborn couple says Lance Armstrong admitted using drugs | Jeff Seidel | Detroit Free Press | freep.com

At this point who knows, and who cares? I'm pretty convinced every single one of those racers was a dirty motherfucker. If he didn't dope, good for him, and he has the passed drug tests to back him up. If he did dope, he still won a shitload of races and beat cancer. I don't follow cycling so I guess I just don't care. But the USADA can suck his ball as far as I'm concerned. Lance is the best around, nothing's ever gonna keep him down.

Over-Competitive Lance Armstrong Challenges Cancer To Rematch | The Onion - America's Finest News Source

Last edited by a moderator:

Bizzle McDizzle

all of your teams suck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ends his fight??

I guess you could say he...

<< puts on sunglasses >>

... didn't have the balls to continue the fight

I suck
:burt:

Last edited by a moderator:

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I found this interesting:

The Cypress Trees are Talking Now: Revised Tour de France: Top 10 Clean Riders Since 1994

Seems that Carlos Sastre is the best bike rider on earth.

Woah. Never had seen that.

It's covered in his book "It's not about the bike". Pretty intense read.

I've been trying to find the article I read, but most I can find now is all sports news outlets taking parts of it for their stories. National Geographic has a decent story on it, but I've seen a lot more detail.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Critically acclaimed 9.79* airs Thursday night on TSN - Ben Johnson scandal for those interested. Should be good.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3