• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT - I'm bored, Part Pangos & Bell!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't they run the risk of losing both him and Bautista? That's a lot of RBI's taken from that lineup.

At the risk of sounding a tad heartless, I won't lose any sleep if Joey Bats has played his last game with the Jays. EE on the other hand would be quite the loss, I was actually surprised how well he fielded at first base this season in addition to wielding a big stick at the plate.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crazy. Don't think this has ever happened before.

I guess when you have all the money in the world, laying low in Monaco for the rest of your life is more appealing than studying track conditions and developing tire strategies.

Still, his rivalry with Lewis was the best thing F1 had going right now and Nico was an excellent driver. Big loss.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Given how almost every suitor for Edwin has gone a cheaper and shorter-term route save the Mets, I'm thinking Jose "No Negotiations" Bautista is starting to get very nervous about the very real possibility of having to wait until June to sign a bargain basement deal.

There are a lot of teams right now very thankful that he wasn't a free agent after 2015 instead.

Also a lot of talk about the Jays and Mitch Moreland. Probably means Edwin signs somewhere today and the Jays are waiting with Moreland as a replacement.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well, Pearce is probably your 1B platoon with Smoak and that means Edwin is probably no longer an option but Pearce has also played OF and Smoak sucks balls and maybe this is just insurance?

Fuck I really wish Edwin would just make up his mind already.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well, Pearce is probably your 1B platoon with Smoak and that means Edwin is probably no longer an option but Pearce has also played OF and Smoak sucks balls and maybe this is just insurance?

Fuck I really wish Edwin would just make up his mind already.

Pearce can play just about everywhere. Could be a utility option rather than a regular, depending on what else they do.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pearce can play just about everywhere. Could be a utility option rather than a regular, depending on what else they do.
True but the Jays still need outfielders and seem to be focused more on Fowler than Edwin at this point. Points a lot more to a 1B platoon option.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He might do better in TO than in NY. Guy had 80 RBIs by the ASG last year...not too shabby. I will tell you this though....he's a wimp.
He played better for the Mets, for sure.

Last season is just such an outlier. Maybe he moves and keeps playing at a 3-4 win clip, but if he regresses that's a tough pill to swallow.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pirates fans tell me why McCutchen is or isn't the answer for the Mets. Does he still have it? Or is he done for?

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, best of luck and please don't sign with a division rival.

Honestly, I don't get why baseball free agency tends to move so slowly. How long could it really take the agent to gauge whether a better deal is out there? It's been a month, figure it out and get going.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pirates fans tell me why McCutchen is or isn't the answer for the Mets. Does he still have it? Or is he done for?

He's only the answer for the Mets if the Mets are willing to give up one of their talented, young starting pitchers, because based on how negotiations have gone with other teams, Huntington won't give him up for less than a stellar package.

But he'll hit. He can't defend anymore, but his bat showed signs of recovery last season, and he should be worth about 4-5 WAR on each of the last two years of his contract, which is pretty darned good for a player in his 30s who's lost a step.

Puck082

LGI
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's only the answer for the Mets if the Mets are willing to give up one of their talented, young starting pitchers, because based on how negotiations have gone with other teams, Huntington won't give him up for less than a stellar package.

But he'll hit. He can't defend anymore, but his bat showed signs of recovery last season, and he should be worth about 4-5 WAR on each of the last two years of his contract, which is pretty darned good for a player in his 30s who's lost a step.

Sounds like I want him to go to the Nats based on that!!

Status
Not open for further replies.