• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT - I'm bored, Part Pangos & Bell!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pirates prospect Gage Hinsz had open heart surgery. His recovery expenses are not covered by the team's health plan because they aren't "baseball related." Minor leaguers get a raw deal.

Somebody should set up a GoFundMe page for Gage.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Somebody should set up a GoFundMe page for Gage.

It's been done.

Apparently, I'm not told, insurance in general doesn't cover recovery from open heart surgery, just the surgery itself, no matter how good the plan is. That's also ridiculous. How in the world is the recovery from a major surgery not considered coverable by insurance, universally?

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
wow, very high ratio
not sure what general population of Domincans are in MLB

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He had no reason to apologize.

i think its a warranted apology considering his past actions and support of Baseball Canada show thats probably not how he felt. ... btw when are you going to apologize ??? lol

Cesspool had a baseball writer (Jeff Passan i think) on who said he thought Joey was just having a bad day and didnt like being asked questions about another canadian lol. Also I didnt realize Joey had so much resentment about not being drafted by his hometown Jays? So maybe you can chalk it up to some misdirected anger :thumb: . Hes probably fallen into the trap that makes people think Canadas team is the Jays.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
btw when are you going to apologize ??? lol
LOL

/His words probably came out a bit more harsh than he intended them to, but it seems like he's having to make an apology tour for something very innocuous. I just think it's a case for him of "I play for a (incredibly shitty) different team and I'm being asked about this why, exactly?" but coming out in a very Votto way.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my bro pointed out this might mean Votto is playing for Italy at the 2021 World Baseball Classic :think: :thumb:

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mariners win another 1 run game. 17 of their 33 wins on the season by 1 run

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rizzo went out of his way to slide into Elias Diaz's ankle at home plate while he was attempting to turn a double play. The Bonafide slide rule prohibits changing direction to contact a fielder, so it was illegal, but it's also especially dangerous to do to a catcher, who has his back to the runner.

Anyway, Maddon goes on to say Rizzo did nothing wrong and that's how you should teach your kids to slide into home.

Okay, Joe, first of all, kids, who play in Little League up through high school ball, are universally prohibited from sliding anywhere but directly to the base, and especially from attempting to initiate contact with the fielder by the direct verbiage of the rulebook, so no, you don't on those grounds, but also how about we don't teach kids to do things which break other kids' ankles needlessly, okay?

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rizzo went out of his way to slide into Elias Diaz's ankle at home plate while he was attempting to turn a double play. The Bonafide slide rule prohibits changing direction to contact a fielder, so it was illegal, but it's also especially dangerous to do to a catcher, who has his back to the runner.

Anyway, Maddon goes on to say Rizzo did nothing wrong and that's how you should teach your kids to slide into home.

Okay, Joe, first of all, kids, who play in Little League up through high school ball, are universally prohibited from sliding anywhere but directly to the base, and especially from attempting to initiate contact with the fielder by the direct verbiage of the rulebook, so no, you don't on those grounds, but also how about we don't teach kids to do things which break other kids' ankles needlessly, okay?
Rizzo = MLB's Tom Wilson

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ruben Tejada agrees:

mets.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.