• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Homer

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also from Lance's blog:

Gary Jeff Walker and attorney Lisa Wells filled in for Doc Thompson this morning. They interviewed personal trainer Brian Wiefering. He operates WieFit in Newport. He said he worked with Homer Bailey this offseason. Homer came to him and said he wanted to gain muscle and strengthen the muscles around his shoulder. Homer said he's so flexible and loose that there is too much shoulder movement around his shoulder joint. Wiefering says Homer has gone from 207 pounds to 225, looks ripped, feels great, and thinks we will see "a different Homer Bailey in 2012"
Interesting approach. One of the biggest issues with shoulder problems is that once you injure the area, it is prone to more injuries because of the nature of the joint being so flexible. Adding bulk muscle around the shoulder would limit that range of motion, along with obviously making the area stronger.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I saw the title and thought this was going to be about Crash.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a former pitcher, I found the approach interesting because pitchers alway stay away from "bulk" muscle as it reduces their flexibility, but in the cases where the shoulder has sustained injury, it makes a lot of sense to want to add muscle to that area and limit the range while strengthening the area.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard that guy on the radio today too. He said that Clint Boling was working his ass off and he expects him to be a starter next season.

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard that guy on the radio today too. He said that Clint Boling was working his ass off and he expects him to be a starter next season.

Sadly, he probably will be, by default......