• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Disney buys Lucasfilm, plans to release Star Wars episode VII

Winged_Wheel88

ND 14 UM 45
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope it was cannibalism that did them in.

So that was what was in the patties...

bd4.gif

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shortly after mattola posted the above on his phone ...

I went to see Avatar about a month after it came out in theatres. It was still insanely popular and we were idiots who didn't pre-book seats thinking an early matinee wouldn't be packed so the four of us wind up scattered around a small area but nobody next to each other.

Anyway, my dad was in hospital at the time and it wasn't the only time he had been so during that particular stretch so at one point about an hour in when my Blackberry started buzzing frequently I pulled it out to see if it was my mom or siblings with news. It was out for no more than three seconds before the large woman next to me turned her head and snapped at me to put it back in my pocket loudly enough to get everyone in our area looking.

I decided staying next to that woman a minute longer would've been an indignity so I got up and left that awful movie and unless a gf/wife had really, really wanted to go to see a movie I've pretty much stopped going to the theatre. It's one thing if some twit has their phone open the entire film but totally another to have some weird nerd Gestapo operating while you watch the fucking Avengers lol. For the $25+ it costs to go to the movies these days I'd much rather buy a decent bottle of wine and wait for the movie to come out on pirat...totally legal streaming services.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I went to see Avatar about a month after it came out in theatres. It was still insanely popular and we were idiots who didn't pre-book seats thinking an early matinee wouldn't be packed so the four of us wind up scattered around a small area but nobody next to each other.

Anyway, my dad was in hospital at the time and it wasn't the only time he had been so during that particular stretch so at one point about an hour in when my Blackberry started buzzing frequently I pulled it out to see if it was my mom or siblings with news. It was out for no more than three seconds before the large woman next to me turned her head and snapped at me to put it back in my pocket loudly enough to get everyone in our area looking.

I decided staying next to that woman a minute longer would've been an indignity so I got up and left that awful movie and unless a gf/wife had really, really wanted to go to see a movie I've pretty much stopped going to the theatre. It's one thing if some twit has their phone open the entire film but totally another to have some weird nerd Gestapo operating while you watch the fucking Avengers lol. For the $25+ it costs to go to the movies these days I'd much rather buy a decent bottle of wine and wait for the movie to come out on pirat...totally legal streaming services.

I'm only a big movie theatre goer now. My wife and I wait until it's on rental or Netflix.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm only a big movie theatre goer now. My wife and I wait until it's on rental or Netflix.

I cant remember the last adult movie ive seen in a theatre. All i see is kids movies (with the kids lol) and all at landmark locations that have the reclining seats. The bad thing is i usually miss half the movies because i fall asleep :noidea:

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i also wonder if they include

The Lego Holiday Special and The Mandalorian in those 10

for MCU all I know is

The Falcon and the Winter Soldier
Wandavision
Loki
Hawkeye

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cassian Andor is another star wars (main make character from Rogue One . I guess it's his story leading to rogue one story line
diego-luna-cassian-andor-tall-A.jpg