• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Bullshitting at the Barbershop

Status
Not open for further replies.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like a load of crap to me.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could see that working actually.

As odd as it sounds, the fecal transplants appear to be the most effective c. diff. treatment out there (there was a brief mention of that in the article). For those who don't know, that's a NASTY infection with very few treatment options currently and the lasting effects of the fecal transplants appear to be more effective long term too.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, looking for advice. Has anyone bought or used one of those electric mowers? Something like this one:
Power+ 20" Lawn Mower

My Trusty 15 year old Honda has finally given up the ghost and it might not be cost effective to repair any more. I'd like to replace with a battery powered one, primarily so I can stop storing gas in my garage. I've started replacing hedge clippers and weed whackers with electric, so I figured the mower would be next. Just wondering if anyone has experience with them and how they perform compared to gas powered ones.

Some things that weigh in the decision:
Ohio Spring. It could rain for two weeks straight and by the time I can mow, the grass is very thick and long. I need something with some cojones to get through it.

Land. I have around about an acre, but only about an 8th of an acre gets mowed. I have a ravine and woods behind the house. So I don't worry about running out of juice. It's also flat. It's Ohio.

How much juice, how long it takes to charge? May be looking at a plug in hybrid car in the next few years, so may be upgrading power in the garage anyway, but right now just have 2 110 outlets. Is that enough?

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, looking for advice. Has anyone bought or used one of those electric mowers? Something like this one:
Power+ 20" Lawn Mower

My Trusty 15 year old Honda has finally given up the ghost and it might not be cost effective to repair any more. I'd like to replace with a battery powered one, primarily so I can stop storing gas in my garage. I've started replacing hedge clippers and weed whackers with electric, so I figured the mower would be next. Just wondering if anyone has experience with them and how they perform compared to gas powered ones.

Some things that weigh in the decision:
Ohio Spring. It could rain for two weeks straight and by the time I can mow, the grass is very thick and long. I need something with some cojones to get through it.

Land. I have around about an acre, but only about an 8th of an acre gets mowed. I have a ravine and woods behind the house. So I don't worry about running out of juice. It's also flat. It's Ohio.

How much juice, how long it takes to charge? May be looking at a plug in hybrid car in the next few years, so may be upgrading power in the garage anyway, but right now just have 2 110 outlets. Is that enough?
I haven't used one personally, but I've heard nothing but good things from friends and family about the Greenworks mowers. They make both cordless and corded. To my understanding, the biggest difference between the two (besides the obvious) is that the cordless is not self-propelled, which I would assume is to save battery. They're also substantially more expensive, but that's not a shock.

I've used other products by Greenworks and have always been pleased, just not the mowers.

I think this is the one a friend has: https://www.amazon. com/GreenWorks-25302-Cordless-Batteries-Included/dp/B00GX9WNP2/

EDIT: Grr...it tried to convert to media. Remove the space between amazon. and com

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks. That's actually a bit cheaper than some others I've seen.

Self propelled isn't a priority, yard is completely flat.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope he was ejected for that hit.

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are two types of people in this world - those who can correctly take video with their phone and those who cannot

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I probably posted this Cool Story Bro in the fucking nuts thread at some point, but still...

USAirways/American lost my bag a couple years ago when they were in the middle of the merger. It showed up at something like 10:30 that night and they delivered it to my house, sans one wheel. As luck would have it I was flying out again the next morning, so I stopped to talk to a rep. Explained the entire story - including the fact that it had to be delivered since it didn't show up - and was met with the "you needed to file a claim before you left the airport" response. Umm...how exactly was I supposed to know you destroyed my bag when you also lost it?

Then she said they don't cover damage to the wheels. She wasn't amused when I remarked that there was no evidence that the wheel was damaged since it was missing entirely.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats some Steve Sullivan Avs fan kinda karma right there lol

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, they can't all be winners, can they?

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Billy, we have to talk.

A Dallas Police Department statement says the 59-year-old actor was arrested Thursday afternoon after Transportation Security Administration employees reported that he refused to submit to a screening at a checkpoint.

Reinhold’s attorney, Steve Stodghill, told The Dallas Morning News that Reinhold cleared security but his bag raised an alarm. He was taken aside by airport security for a pat-down and resisted.

Reinhold was taken to the Dallas County jail for booking. Disorderly conduct is punishable by a fine of up to $500.

1297906691409_ORIGINAL.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.