• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Bullshitting at the Barbershop

Status
Not open for further replies.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anyone know if there is any truth to the rumor that if Donald wins then Chris Christie would be his white house butler?

I was thinking White House chef comeds.

/Mr. Christie, you make good cookies.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anyone know if there is any truth to the rumor that if Donald wins then Chris Christie would be his white house butler?

I was thinking official food taster.

"Sorry sir, I think this one might be poisoned too."

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was thinking official food taster.

"Sorry sir, I think this one might be poisoned too."

Christie 2020 wont be his campaign slogan ... itll be his weight

/in KG's after trump gets elected Prez and makes the change

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imagine if Obama had 5 kids with 3 different women.

CAN YOU PROVE HE DOESN'T??

I think it's safe to say that Kasich's squabble with the Donald will swing Ohio really far away from the Tangerine Caligula.

1) Kasich is claiming that Trump just wants to sit in the big office and let someone else run shit ("most powerful VP ever" offer). If true, Trump looks pathetic, if not, Trump will attack Kasich. Ohio voted overwhelmingly for Johnny K. Every single district went Kasich save 2 or 3 in Appalachia. And a lot of people don't like the Kasich bashing already.

2) A large part of the never Trump force on day one was the Ohio delegation.

3) Kasich has said he will vote for every republican in the race except president. He will "never" endorse Trump.

4) The head of the Ohio GOP said that they will focus their energy on getting Rob Portman re-elected to the Senate, and all down-ticket races. And that they will not be stumping or advertising for Trump.

5) There is an outside chance that Hillary will pick Sherrod Brown (Ohio's other Senator who is very well liked across the state) as her VP. Even if she doesn't pick him, he will be at the top of every building shouting for her and his own governor and partner in the Senate from Ohio have given him all the soundbites he needs.

And Ohio has a 25% chance of being the deciding state.

Not looking forward to the advertising I am going to have to endure.

It goes back further than that really. Everybody with half a brain (read: not most members of the Politics forum) knows that the parties flipped during the 20th century, especially in the south, most notably with the Southern Strategy under guys like Nixon and Goldwater.

The most socially conservative states - i.e., the south - were traditionally Democratic because Lincoln was a Republican, but as the Democratic party started pushing more for equal rights - especially the Civil Rights Act - the Republican party saw the opportunity to campaign on conservative values and it's been that way ever since.

And a big way they did it was pick up the mantle of the single issue voters. They realized that instead of appealing to 51% of the populace, you could make it close by gathering the 10% that only cares about hating teh Gheys, and the 7% that only cares about bombing abortion doctors, and the 13% that only cares about denying evolution, and so on and so on (numbers made up). You pretend to care about that person's single issue, you get their vote. Easy peasy Jap-a-neasy.

But what they didn't realize when they started the "southern strategy" is that eventually the single issue voters would get more extreme and you'd have to keep pandering to them. And eventually you would lose control of any real message.

And here we are.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Chef Christie you horrible man, where are my children? They were supposed to be here hours ago!
Sir Donald of Trump, but they have arrived and have joined you already. *gestures to meatloaf*

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And a big way they did it was pick up the mantle of the single issue voters. They realized that instead of appealing to 51% of the populace, you could make it close by gathering the 10% that only cares about hating teh Gheys, and the 7% that only cares about bombing abortion doctors, and the 13% that only cares about denying evolution, and so on and so on (numbers made up). You pretend to care about that person's single issue, you get their vote. Easy peasy Jap-a-neasy.
Obviously your numbers are made up...it's actually 42%
MmZfSIH.jpg

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CAN YOU PROVE HE DOESN'T??

I think it's safe to say that Kasich's squabble with the Donald will swing Ohio really far away from the Tangerine Caligula.

1) Kasich is claiming that Trump just wants to sit in the big office and let someone else run shit ("most powerful VP ever" offer). If true, Trump looks pathetic, if not, Trump will attack Kasich. Ohio voted overwhelmingly for Johnny K. Every single district went Kasich save 2 or 3 in Appalachia. And a lot of people don't like the Kasich bashing already.

2) A large part of the never Trump force on day one was the Ohio delegation.

3) Kasich has said he will vote for every republican in the race except president. He will "never" endorse Trump.

4) The head of the Ohio GOP said that they will focus their energy on getting Rob Portman re-elected to the Senate, and all down-ticket races. And that they will not be stumping or advertising for Trump.

5) There is an outside chance that Hillary will pick Sherrod Brown (Ohio's other Senator who is very well liked across the state) as her VP. Even if she doesn't pick him, he will be at the top of every building shouting for her and his own governor and partner in the Senate from Ohio have given him all the soundbites he needs.

And Ohio has a 25% chance of being the deciding state.

Not looking forward to the advertising I am going to have to endure.

But what they didn't realize when they started the "southern strategy" is that eventually the single issue voters would get more extreme and you'd have to keep pandering to them. And eventually you would lose control of any real message.

And here we are.
Counter: Ohio voted for W twice.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ted Cruz laid a big log in Cleveland last night.
I think what he did was genius, actually. In the event Trump loses, Ted Cruz can re-announce in two years and he can say "I never jumped on the bandwagon like 37 of the 38 other candidates (Kasich is obviously going to try again but he's not nearly nuts enough for the GOP)! I was always Never Trump and I am the perfect amount of crazy for you. Cruz-Baio 2020!".

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think what he did was genius, actually. In the event Trump loses, Ted Cruz can re-announce in two years and he can say "I never jumped on the bandwagon like 37 of the 38 other candidates (Kasich is obviously going to try again but he's not nearly nuts enough for the GOP)! I was always Never Trump and I am the perfect amount of crazy for you. Cruz-Baio 2020!".

and like i said in an earlier post ... if Trump wins, Cruz moves to Calgary and becomes a full time Flames fan :)

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and like i said in an earlier post ... if Trump wins, Cruz moves to Calgary and becomes a full time Flames fan :)[/QUOTE]

Why not, after all, it is the greatest city in Canada.

:D

Status
Not open for further replies.