• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Arby's Venison Sandwiches - One Day Only.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought it was pretty good. I mean there are better ways to prepare deer meat but for what it is, its a solid choice. The meat itself wasn't overly gamey like some deer meat can be and it was cooked well. It was a slight bit dry but every bit of deer I've ever had is like that. The juniper berry sauce is just ok. Many might not like it. I would have preferred something more savory with perhaps a hint of smoke

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought it was pretty good. I mean there are better ways to prepare deer meat but for what it is, its a solid choice. The meat itself wasn't overly gamey like some deer meat can be and it was cooked well. It was a slight bit dry but every bit of deer I've ever had is like that. The juniper berry sauce is just ok. Many might not like it. I would have preferred something more savory with perhaps a hint of smoke

Horsey sauce might have been better.

What does a "gamey meat" taste like?

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Horsey sauce might have been better.

What does a "gamey meat" taste like?

Eh...I don't really know how to describe it. It's its own unique flavor. I guess its sort of an earthy sourish taste. You know how beef or pork can have some sweetness to it? Well gamey meat doesn't have that. It's got a "funk" to it that comes from what the wild animal has been eating.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh...I don't really know how to describe it. It's its own unique flavor. I guess its sort of an earthy sourish taste. You know how beef or pork can have some sweetness to it? Well gamey meat doesn't have that. It's got a "funk" to it that comes from what the wild animal has been eating.

Thanks. :clap: