• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Am I Crazy?

Jimmy_the_Tongue

Walks Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hear me out....my beautiful wife of 22 years...Melissa....wants to go away...I say ok...but it's not that easy for us....my 7 year old son...Max...is autistitic...he's non verbal and a handful...so we can't run away for a week...we need a short get-away...my mother would take Max for a week end...God bless her....as most of you know, I'm here in Pittsburgh....so I suggest Cleveland...Rock and Roll Hall of Fame...the flats?....sounds good to me! She says Cleveland?....I tell her it would be great....am I crazy? Help me out. Please....

p.s. any other local suggestions for s quick get away would be greatly appreciated...

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hear me out....my beautiful wife off 22 years...Melissa....wants to go away...I say ok...but it's not that easy for us....my 7 year old son...Max...is autistitic...he's non verbal and a handful...so we can't run away for a week...we need a short get-away...my mother would take Max for a week end...God bless her....as most of you know, I'm here in Pittsburgh....so I suggest Cleveland...Rock and Roll Hall of Fame...the flats?....sounds good to me! She says Cleveland?....I tell her it would be great....am I crazy? Help me out. Please....

p.s. any other local suggestions for s quick get away would be greatly appreciated...

I love Cleveland! DC is not too far either, and there is a lot of wine country around there. How about Hershey or Niagra Falls

Granddaddy South

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I must be crazy........for reading......all these....damn.......periods.

but to answer your question...no.

NorthCoastSteelersFan

Sleep...now.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Though I'm a transplant from the upper Ohio Valley, near the Burgh, I live an hour from Cleveland now.

There is some cool stuff there. Flats have pretty much died, but the Rock-n-Roll HOF is great. West Side Market is a must see. The Cuyahoga Valley National Park, just south of the city, is surprisingly beautiful. Heading west, toward Sandusky, are vinyards and wineries.

You are not insane. Name some interests, and I'll get you info, if possible. Though I'll be leaving for the day soon.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read Jimmy's post pretending I was Captain Kirk...you've got to...mister.

Granddaddy South

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yoooo. If she's into theme parks, take her a little farther out to Sandusky. lol Cedar Point FTW.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Jimmy,
Lived in Cleveland for 4+ years, so I'm gonna hook ya...

Lots of stuff to do there. If you can, stay at the Glidden House. It's in a nice area and right next to the Cultural District - the art museum and the botanical garden are both excellent and both a 1- to 3-minute walk from the hotel. Little Italy is a short walk (or 1-minute drive as well). Really nice hotel and the original mansion of the Glidden paint people. It's low scale and the staff is excellent. There are some nice hotels downtown as well, but the area around the Glidden House is much nicer imo. And I always enjoyed the R&R Hall of Fame, so definitely visit that as well.

For dining, Cleveland has more celebrity chefs and great restaurants per capita of any city in the country. Sergio's is great and next to the Glidden House. L'Albratros is a block away and I'd highly recommend it. There is also a little bar out back of the hotel called the Barking Spider that used to be a carriage house. You can sit outside on the patio and listen to the bands they have playing inside while drinking a beer. It's a great, relaxing evening. If you want to drive, Sarava (owned by Sergio's) is in Shaker Heights and has amazing Brazilian food (my favorite restaurant in Cleveland) and Pier W is on the West side of Cleveland and the seafood is top notch - it's pricey, but it is actually built on an old pier so it juts out over the water and you have an amazing view of the city skyline. And if you want dranks, the Flats is fun, but downtown has really grown in the last decade, so you'll have no shortage of options if you stay downtown.

There is also an island called Put-In Bay just an hour west of Cleveland if you want to sample the lake life for a night. And as 46 says, the stretch between Cleveland and Buffalo is littered with wineries where you can sample if you want to take the roundabout way there or when coming back.

It's a fun town. Definitely plenty for you and the wife to do. If you know where you're staying, PM me and I can tell you the good spots close by. good luck.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, and avoid the Cuyahoga Clams... ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clevellannnnd succcccks. :)

Actually, I'm sure it's quite lovely this time of year.

Jimmy_the_Tongue

Walks Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Jimmy,
Lived in Cleveland for 4+ years, so I'm gonna hook ya...

Lots of stuff to do there. If you can, stay at the Glidden House. It's in a nice area and right next to the Cultural District - the art museum and the botanical garden are both excellent and both a 1- to 3-minute walk from the hotel. Little Italy is a short walk (or 1-minute drive as well). Really nice hotel and the original mansion of the Glidden paint people. It's low scale and the staff is excellent. There are some nice hotels downtown as well, but the area around the Glidden House is much nicer imo. And I always enjoyed the R&R Hall of Fame, so definitely visit that as well.

For dining, Cleveland has more celebrity chefs and great restaurants per capita of any city in the country. Sergio's is great and next to the Glidden House. L'Albratros is a block away and I'd highly recommend it. There is also a little bar out back of the hotel called the Barking Spider that used to be a carriage house. You can sit outside on the patio and listen to the bands they have playing inside while drinking a beer. It's a great, relaxing evening. If you want to drive, Sarava (owned by Sergio's) is in Shaker Heights and has amazing Brazilian food (my favorite restaurant in Cleveland) and Pier W is on the West side of Cleveland and the seafood is top notch - it's pricey, but it is actually built on an old pier so it juts out over the water and you have an amazing view of the city skyline. And if you want dranks, the Flats is fun, but downtown has really grown in the last decade, so you'll have no shortage of options if you stay downtown.

There is also an island called Put-In Bay just an hour west of Cleveland if you want to sample the lake life for a night. And as 46 says, the stretch between Cleveland and Buffalo is littered with wineries where you can sample if you want to take the roundabout way there or when coming back.

It's a fun town. Definitely plenty for you and the wife to do. If you know where you're staying, PM me and I can tell you the good spots close by. good luck.

Excellent....thanks, brother

Winged_Wheel88

ND 14 UM 45
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hear me out....my beautiful wife of 22 years...Melissa....wants to go away...I say ok...but it's not that easy for us....my 7 year old son...Max...is autistitic...he's non verbal and a handful...so we can't run away for a week...we need a short get-away...my mother would take Max for a week end...God bless her....as most of you know, I'm here in Pittsburgh....so I suggest Cleveland...Rock and Roll Hall of Fame...the flats?....sounds good to me! She says Cleveland?....I tell her it would be great....am I crazy? Help me out. Please....

I read Jimmy's post pretending I was Captain Kirk...you've got to...mister.

This is ...how I post....original...no?

Your get away. For...how long, Jimmy? For...how...long?

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cleveland is actually pretty deceptive as far as places to be. There is quite a bit to do there, as covered above.

But if you are heading towards Ohio, go past Clevland and go to Sandusky area. There is an Island out in the Lake called Put-In-Bay that is awesome. A really great getaway. And there's Cedar Point and all the resort hotels around.

You can also go to the south to either Deep Creek Lake (Md) or Massanutten resort (Virginia).

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For a quick getaway I actually enjoyed myself staying a few days in Williamsport PA. Also its pretty quiet but Wellsboro PA is very nice.