• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT - A&M

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
aggies suck,,, ranked high then cant win the big games,only know how to play spoiler with no expectations of championships

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You assume to much...
My perspective on UT and A&M began before you were born. Trust me, I know as much about A&M athletics and Aggie fandom as you do. Back to baseball

So you claim to have watched football back before mid-90's...so does that mean that you just choose to ignore the A&M dominance of the 80's?

Al Falfa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you claim to have watched football back before mid-90's...so does that mean that you just choose to ignore the A&M dominance of the 80's?
I'm well aware of it. I'm also aware that there isn't a decade that A&M hasn't beaten Texas once or twice. Hell, they will probably beat them this year. How many times has Texas gotten stomped by OU?? It happens. But then so do NC years and it's a good thing that A&M is leaving because UT is about to open a big can of whip ass on the conference after this year.

Concerning the 80's.

[B]In the early 80s Joe Paterno quipped that he wouldn't retire because it would leave football in the hands of "the Jackie Sherrills and the Barry Switzers." This irritated Sherrill, but the shoe seemed to fit. On Sherrill's watch both Texas A&M and Mississippi state were found to have "lack of institutional control". A few years later RC Slocum, who was an assistant for the Aggies under Sherrill, saw his Aggies get cited by the NCAA for lack of control, making the Aggies the first team on our count-down to amass two such violations.[/B]

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm well aware of it. I'm also aware that there isn't a decade that A&M hasn't beaten Texas once or twice. Hell, they will probably beat them this year. How many times has Texas gotten stomped by OU?? It happens. But then so do NC years and it's a good thing that A&M is leaving because UT is about to open a big can of whip ass on the conference after this year.

Concerning the 80's.

[B]In the early 80s Joe Paterno quipped that he wouldn't retire because it would leave football in the hands of "the Jackie Sherrills and the Barry Switzers." This irritated Sherrill, but the shoe seemed to fit. On Sherrill's watch both Texas A&M and Mississippi state were found to have "lack of institutional control". A few years later RC Slocum, who was an assistant for the Aggies under Sherrill, saw his Aggies get cited by the NCAA for lack of control, making the Aggies the first team on our count-down to amass two such violations.[/B]

Congrats on that quote. Glad to see that you can throw stones. How long do you think it will be before Simms gets sauced up and admits to the wrong person that TU paid MAJOR cash to get him here? All programs are dirty, it is just a matter of who gets caught. It is no secret that OU and TU both are among the dirtiest not in the SEC or named USC, it just hasn't been brought to light...yet.

But keep thinking that A&M are the only ones cheating and posting stories about it.

And TU was busted during the same time, why don't you link that one?

http://www.nytimes.com/1987/06/18/sports/texas-gets-2-year-probation.html

Last edited by a moderator:

goDAWGSsicem

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a Longhorn fan, but I pull for Texas teams if my primary teams are not playing (though with pro teams it's a bit harder to pull for SA/Houston).

I'm glad to see the Aggies step up so far in the 1st half and really take it the SEC. They're still Big 12 right now. It's too bad A&M/Nebraska didn't stay in the Big 12 as both programs are now on the cusp of becoming BCS contenders.

I think they'll do fine next year in the SEC. A&M will face pansy teams like the 2 Mississippi teams, and also match up well against the mediocre/solid teams like Ark/Aub. I'm not sure how they'd do against Bama/LSU. Florida is the only team that "might" be better than A&M in the east (which is pretty weak - Vandy/KY are jokes, GA/TN are a step below Ark/Aub, and SC is fluke team that's just biding it's time). I guess we'll find out tonight if Florida is a contender or a pretender like Ark when they play Bama (which I switch too during commercials with the Rangers game).

LMAO!

Stick to baseball.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Concerning the 80's.

UT may open up a big can of something on the conference this year - hopefully! It's starts this Saturday against Chokelahoma

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't care for history or politics, just know I hate the Aggies. Go horns!

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
LMAO!

Stick to baseball.

Seriously, a Georgia fan talking trash? LOL at you - you must still be having nightmares of Boise St. destroying your pathetic school's team. I wonder if the Boise faithful were chanting M-W-C ... M-W-C after that one LOL

Last edited by a moderator:

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UT may open up a big can of something on the conference this year - hopefully! It's starts this Saturday against Chokelahoma

I wouldn't bet on that. Texas just can't handle what Oklahoma is bringing this year. Look at their numbers and then consider the fact that they aren't really clicking on all cylinders yet. That's a scary thought for anyone yet to play Oklahoma.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I wouldn't bet on that. Texas just can't handle what Oklahoma is bringing this year. Look at their numbers and then consider the fact that they aren't really clicking on all cylinders yet. That's a scary thought for anyone yet to play Oklahoma.

I think they're overrated and that may more to do with them not clicking on all cylinders. FSU had a chance if their QB hadn't gotten hurt. That being said, I know they're a very tough team and will present a big challenge - should be a great game. I just think UT has a very strong run game and D, which should help the young QBs. I think Chase will step up and play big - he's got that "it" factor.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they're overrated and that may more to do with them not clicking on all cylinders. FSU had a chance if their QB hadn't gotten hurt. That being said, I know they're a very tough team and will present a big challenge - should be a great game. I just think UT has a very strong run game and D, which should help the young QBs. I think Chase will step up and play big - he's got that "it" factor.

Dude seriously? The backup did as much if not more damage when he was in for FSU. I like the way they are playing. THey aren't peaking too early.