• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT - A&M

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm a Longhorn fan, but I pull for Texas teams if my primary teams are not playing (though with pro teams it's a bit harder to pull for SA/Houston).

I'm glad to see the Aggies step up so far in the 1st half and really take it the SEC. They're still Big 12 right now. It's too bad A&M/Nebraska didn't stay in the Big 12 as both programs are now on the cusp of becoming BCS contenders.

I think they'll do fine next year in the SEC. A&M will face pansy teams like the 2 Mississippi teams, and also match up well against the mediocre/solid teams like Ark/Aub. I'm not sure how they'd do against Bama/LSU. Florida is the only team that "might" be better than A&M in the east (which is pretty weak - Vandy/KY are jokes, GA/TN are a step below Ark/Aub, and SC is fluke team that's just biding it's time). I guess we'll find out tonight if Florida is a contender or a pretender like Ark when they play Bama (which I switch too during commercials with the Rangers game).

aggrad02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Thanks for the jinx. This is the 2nd weekend in a row that Sherman has been out coached in the 2nd half.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Thanks for the jinx. This is the 2nd weekend in a row that Sherman has been out coached in the 2nd half.

lol sorry man - I'm pretty disappointed that they couldn't hold on .. Horns are about to go 4-0! And wow Nebraska getting rocked, too. Too bad Baylor lost in a nail-biter, they looked they could challenge this year. Tech won. Big game for them next week at home against A&M. The battle for #2 in Texas is getting crowded: Tech/TCU/A&M/Baylor. Big win for SMU today, making their case to the Big 12 (won't work but good for them).

Al Falfa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We can't all play ISU. Of course that was a MUST win for Texas after they stomped you last year.

We all can't play in the Furniture.com bowl or win National Championships, either.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Al Falfa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or heck, any bowl at all, right TU?

When you're sporting a 1-9 Big XII bowl record sometimes it's best to stay home or go elsewhere. You're one of the better posters here, Fordman, and I respect the Aggie tradition but the UT/A&M word war is one the Aggies lost over 50 years ago and that will never change.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since 1974, the series is 19-18 in favor of A&M

And since 1965 when Corps membership was no longer mandatory the series is 26-20 TU

I wouldn't exactly call that domination over the last 50 years, the 60s sucked for us, but ever since its been pretty even

Last edited by a moderator:
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Texas has favored well all-time against their oldest-biggest rivals:

vs. Choke-U 59-42-5
vs. A&M 75-38-5
vs. Tech 46-15
vs. Ark 56-21

They're 39-20 with a few ties against current teams in the SEC not including Arkansas. They have a winning percentage of 68% against the SEC Conference (current/former members while with the SEC). They're 7-1-1 against Bama (though the one hurts - too bad Colt McCoy got injured super early in that one - he's a class act just like my favorite SEC player of last 10 years, Tim Tebow).

Against the other "storied" college football programs:

2-8 vs. Notre Dame
1-5 vs. USC (though the one makes it better especially seeing that cry-baby Matt Leinert whine at that end of game, VY delivering one of the greatest performances in college football history)
2-1 vs. Ohio St.
1-0 vs. Michigan
10-4 vs. Nebraska

*Take it all for its worth - useless sports trivia*

A&M fans: Good luck in the SEC and hope you guys rep Texas by winning that conference every year! (and then lose to UT in BCS championship game every year lol :P)

Al Falfa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since 1974, the series is 19-18 in favor of A&M

And since 1965 when Corps membership was no longer mandatory the series is 26-20 TU

I wouldn't exactly call that domination over the last 50 years, the 60s sucked for us, but ever since its been pretty even

The domination is in the Aggies obsession with UT and knowing that outside of UT they have never done ANYTHING. The obsession is such that the only way they will ever get past it is to play in another part of the country knowing full well that UT will never play them again. The LHN was just an excuse to break away and get out of the UT shadow. Now it will be LSU, Alabama or Arkansas that gets to be the obsession.
The sad thing is that outside of college station nobody cares and it won't matter in the long run.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you're sporting a 1-9 Big XII bowl record sometimes it's best to stay home or go elsewhere. You're one of the better posters here, Fordman, and I respect the Aggie tradition but the UT/A&M word war is one the Aggies lost over 50 years ago and that will never change.

Spoken like a true TU fan since the mid 90's

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas has favored well all-time against their oldest-biggest rivals:

vs. Choke-U 59-42-5
vs. A&M 75-38-5
vs. Tech 46-15
vs. Ark 56-21

They're 39-20 with a few ties against current teams in the SEC not including Arkansas. They have a winning percentage of 68% against the SEC Conference (current/former members while with the SEC). They're 7-1-1 against Bama (though the one hurts - too bad Colt McCoy got injured super early in that one - he's a class act just like my favorite SEC player of last 10 years, Tim Tebow).

Against the other "storied" college football programs:

2-8 vs. Notre Dame
1-5 vs. USC (though the one makes it better especially seeing that cry-baby Matt Leinert whine at that end of game, VY delivering one of the greatest performances in college football history)
2-1 vs. Ohio St.
1-0 vs. Michigan
10-4 vs. Nebraska

*Take it all for its worth - useless sports trivia*

A&M fans: Good luck in the SEC and hope you guys rep Texas by winning that conference every year! (and then lose to UT in BCS championship game every year lol :P)

Well, I don't want that result but I have been thinking about how awesome that would be to have A&M and UT meet in a BCS bowl.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The domination is in the Aggies obsession with UT and knowing that outside of UT they have never done ANYTHING. The obsession is such that the only way they will ever get past it is to play in another part of the country knowing full well that UT will never play them again. The LHN was just an excuse to break away and get out of the UT shadow. Now it will be LSU, Alabama or Arkansas that gets to be the obsession.
The sad thing is that outside of college station nobody cares and it won't matter in the long run.

Ah yes, the A&M obsession with UT. Dude, you could get on top of the empire state building with a bullhorn and you couldn't shout any louder that you are a T-shirt TU fan without a freakin clue.

Next you will tell me about how pathetic it is that our fight song references Texas:frusty:

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many times did aggy go to a bowl game in the past decade?

Last year is the most relevant, so let's start there.

A&M check
TU...:eek2:

Al Falfa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last year is the most relevant, so let's start there.

A&M check
TU...:eek2:

Start wherever you want and you won't find a time that A&M has been relevant in football in your lifetime and you can't make them relevant with insults so how about we move along and get back to Rangers baseball?

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Start wherever you want and you won't find a time that A&M has been relevant in football in your lifetime and you can't make them relevant with insults so how about we move along and get back to Rangers baseball?

Well, I was born in 1979...so that would make you wrong.

Again, if your perspective of NCAA football starts around the mid 90's...then yes, the Aggies haven't been relevant "in a lifetime".

Al Falfa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I was born in 1979...so that would make you wrong.

Again, if your perspective of NCAA football starts around the mid 90's...then yes, the Aggies haven't been relevant "in a lifetime".

You assume to much...
My perspective on UT and A&M began before you were born. Trust me, I know as much about A&M athletics and Aggie fandom as you do. Back to baseball