• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: 2012 predictions

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Tebowmania will return, with better receivers.
but probably not in the playoffs, but next season.
1b. However, it is possible that Pittsburgh will falter, and you'll never hear the end of it. no way Denver beats N.E. though, but they could beat Baltimore if NE falls mid-way .... if by some miracle they make it to the Super Bowl, they won't beat GB, NO, or SF. If Det makes it, it will be a grudge match and the entire stadium will respond to the alter call following the super bowl. Ok, who we kidding, it's between GB and NO.

2. Mitt Romney will get the nomination and beat Obama.

3. The Reds will be better next season. maybe a wild-card, or closely in the running for it.

4. The Bengals will be about the same, the new draft picks will be great, towards the end of the season, but unable to be the salvation of a severely leaking bucket. A poor record is possible, but other teams should have changes as well, the bengals will be about the same.

5. A.J. Green will become more vocal about a team handing the ball off on third and long. Jermain Gresham will too. The words "cancer" and/or "diva" will resurface whenever we lose 2 in a row at some point. Again our good players getting thrown under the bus.

6. It's possible that no other team will sign Cedric Benson because of his off the field issues, if we don't draft a rb, look for another year of mediocrity in the run game.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't share your confidence in Tebow...... I think his fifteen minutes of NFL fame are now up and he won't be able to continue to win on a consistent basis. However, if he learns to run a real NFL offense, I would revisit this prediction. Anyway, my counter prediction is that Tebow is not an NFL starter by the middle of next season.

Romney will win the nomination, but not beat Obama. This will be, in part, the fault of the GOP because they spent most of the past years poking holes in Romney. He'll never rally the party, a third party candidate will emerge to steal votes in the general election, and Obama will win fairly easily.

I see a division championship for the Reds - I think they put it together next year, win the division, lose in the playoffs and then face the reality that they have to rebuild the roster and look at life without Votto and Phillips.

I'm done making predictions about the Bengals. I thought we had a playoff team in 2010 and thought we had a 2 win team in 2011.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Tebowmania will return, with better receivers.
but probably not in the playoffs, but next season.
1b. However, it is possible that Pittsburgh will falter, and you'll never hear the end of it. no way Denver beats N.E. though, but they could beat Baltimore if NE falls mid-way .... if by some miracle they make it to the Super Bowl, they won't beat GB, NO, or SF. If Det makes it, it will be a grudge match and the entire stadium will respond to the alter call following the super bowl. Ok, who we kidding, it's between GB and NO.

2. Mitt Romney will get the nomination and beat Obama.

3. The Reds will be better next season. maybe a wild-card, or closely in the running for it.

4. The Bengals will be about the same, the new draft picks will be great, towards the end of the season, but unable to be the salvation of a severely leaking bucket. A poor record is possible, but other teams should have changes as well, the bengals will be about the same.

5. A.J. Green will become more vocal about a team handing the ball off on third and long. Jermain Gresham will too. The words "cancer" and/or "diva" will resurface whenever we lose 2 in a row at some point. Again our good players getting thrown under the bus.

6. It's possible that no other team will sign Cedric Benson because of his off the field issues, if we don't draft a rb, look for another year of mediocrity in the run game.

1a: Tebow will be an after thought next year as Elway will decide it is time to draft a new QB after the Broncos wind up with the 6th pick in the draft.

1b: NFC Championship game will be: NO and GB, and the AFC will be: NE and BAL.

2. Who cares they all suck and no one is going to save this country as it currently sit. They will just be the next figure head who gets all the blame. They need to seperate the power in teh country, and the President is in charge of Executive branch and should control and run the military. They should make a new position for President of Domestic Affairs which trys to manage the budget and work on programs to reinfuse the economy and work force. The President is spread too thin to make anything work, and you have one guy that can veto everyone else, and a group that overwrites the president. Until we can get a little absolute power in that position, we will not change.

3. Unless the Reds get a LF and some more consistant play out of our SS and 3B, we will struggle, but even then the Central is wide open again, so even struggling a bit, I think they could wind up with a winning record and earn a playoff spot.

4. I completely disagree here. We have several draft picks that I think we will add that will be very helpful. CB, RB, G ect, will all play big roles during the season. I can even see us getting a decent WR in FA maybe, and maybe another G to replace Williams and Simpson. I think we are a better team next year with a year of experience. Record maty not be too much different as I see us playing a tougher divisions in both the AFC and NFC, but 9-7 to 10-6 against much better competition and we start beating some quality teams as opposed to this year during the season.

5. AJ Green is not the type to start saying stuff to point the attention at him. Gresham, maybe, but I don't think anyone will be pointing fingers as Dalton will keep them in line, get the ball to everyone, and keep this team competitive and winning enough to detour any me me me behavior. I think your assessment is way off here.

6. It is possible no other team will resign Benson, and he may be back next year at a low cost for a year, unless we have a decent RB fall to us in the draft. I can't see Richardson falling to 17, but we still have a chance at some good running backs in the first few rounds that could make a difference with a decent OL around him and Green, #2 WR, Gresham, Shipley, Hawk on the outside to pull some pressure off him. Plus, Pressley is a pretty decent run blocking FB. I think a young, hungry RB who can run between the tackles and has a little burst on the outside, could be very explosive on this team if we fix that OL.

cravnravn

Hoopla Cash
$ 850.00
Denver could beat Baltimore?

Put the bong down, Fucking Teblow will get his ass handed to him vs Picksburg..

cravnravn

Hoopla Cash
$ 850.00
Texans beat Bengals
Picksburg beats Denver

Baltimore beats the Texans
Picksburg beats New England

Baltimore beats Picksburg

Baltimore beats Green Bay in Indy!!!

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texans beat Bengals
Picksburg beats Denver

Baltimore beats the Texans
Picksburg beats New England

Baltimore beats Picksburg

Baltimore beats Green Bay in Indy!!!

My thought on the playoffs....

Pittsburgh beats Denver 23 - 6
Cincinnati beats Houston 20 - 17

New England beats Cincinnati 31 - 20
Baltimore beats Pittsburgh 24 - 17

New England beats Baltimore 27 - 23

Green Bay beats NE 41 - 31

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ben is not healthy. It shows. Playing him this past week was a horrible call. he should have been resting.

Denver doesn't have a bad defense. It's not at all improbable that Denver can keep this to a low scoring game, where Tebow can just have one good drive at the end of the game to steal the win. Pitt is known for giving up leads late.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

about a 35% chance, nothing is guaranteed, that is why Vegas takes the money of people who look for reliability in NFL match ups as if they were digging an oil well in their back yard.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
also, I didn't say AJ Green was "that kind", I didn't say he was a diva, I said he would be accused of such, if we lose multiples; however, he will have a year under his belt and will feel more obliged to take a leadership role and speak out against non-since, thus putting him at odds with some of the coaching.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think people consistently under estimate Tebow's will to succeed. Next season he will do more of the same, in close games with mediocre opponents, he will show flashes of brilliance, he will improve, don't forget they got rid of his best receiver in an effort to make him look bad so they could shelf the idea of him starting at QB. People doubted Michael Vick should be a starter at some point when he slumped, but he came back on top.

For God's sake, I'm not saying he's Brady, or Rodgers, but to think he will be out of the NFL by next year is insane. Denver may transition to a passing offense with a blue chip QB prospect, but it won't happen until 2013 fall at the earliest.

Denver is not selecting a QB in the first round, they are selecting A CB, their CBs are getting old.

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Correct me if I'm wrong, but Baltmore has struggled with shitty teams all season, and Denver is pretty shitty right now. Lucky for Baltimore, Pittsburgh will probably knock them out fairly easily.

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Tebow will start next year, but the last 3 games have shown that the league is figuring out his schtick. He'll have to do more than just run it a bunch of time and run that simple offense. If he can't improve his accuracy and improve as a QB, then he's done.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tebow will start next year, but the last 3 games have shown that the league is figuring out his schtick. He'll have to do more than just run it a bunch of time and run that simple offense. If he can't improve his accuracy and improve as a QB, then he's done.

Like us, Denver can't beat good teams. 3 points of offense, Brady could have thrown a few passes... unless he's just as inept. Denver tried to scrap the season and go into developmental mode and made the playoffs, I don't think a team has ever done that before.