• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OSU loses almost everyone to the NFL draft

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still not convinced on the r*pe cover up. It seems more like a he said she said thing to me and no evidence has ever been presented that even slightly indicates or proves guilt.
That can be argued. What about Lewan and threatening the possible victim? He was identified but his name left off the report just like the fight after THE Game.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That can be argued. What about Lewan and threatening the possible victim? He was identified but his name left off the report just like the fight after THE Game.
I mean, I would be pissed at someone who was, in their opinion, falsely accusing a friend of r*pe. I might even threaten them if I was in a position to do so.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, I would be pissed at someone who was, in their opinion, falsely accusing a friend of r*pe. I might even threaten them if I was in a position to do so.
Ok but if it was reported to police that you threatened the possible victim should your name be left off the report?

cwerph

Go Bucks!
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still not convinced on the r*pe cover up. It seems more like a he said she said thing to me and no evidence has ever been presented that even slightly indicates or proves guilt.
So why did they kick him out of school?*

*with 2 games left in his senior year

GoBlueNavyNuke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Change in the sexual assault/harassment policy in the University as a whole, that finally caught up to Gibson.

Don't have the book in front of me at the moment, but John U. Bacon covers that unseemly incident in his latest book Endzone: The Rise, Fall, and Return of Michigan Football

cwerph

Go Bucks!
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Change in the sexual assault/harassment policy in the University as a whole, that finally caught up to Gibson.

Don't have the book in front of me at the moment, but John U. Bacon covers that unseemly incident in his latest book Endzone: The Rise, Fall, and Return of Michigan Football
Unless you can be thrown out for a baseless accusation, it's pretty hard to believe what you are saying.

GoBlueNavyNuke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless you can be thrown out for a baseless accusation, it's pretty hard to believe what you are saying.

Depends on the burden of proof.

Remember, to be convicted of r*pe, it needs to be proven beyond all reasonable doubt. To be thrown out of a university the burden is significantly lower.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends on the burden of proof.

Remember, to be convicted of r*pe, it needs to be proven beyond all reasonable doubt. To be thrown out of a university the burden is significantly lower.
Seems like the university wouldn't be able to go back and punish him for something that wasn't against policy at the time. You can't make tweeting pictures of cats illegal then go and arrest everyone who has ever tweeted a picture of a cat before.

GoBlueNavyNuke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like the university wouldn't be able to go back and punish him for something that wasn't against policy at the time. You can't make tweeting pictures of cats illegal then go and arrest everyone who has ever tweeted a picture of a cat before.

Now that have a chance to pull up the book:
"Even now, very little can be said with absolute certainty. But we do know the woman contacted the Ann Arbor Police that night, then decided not to press charges. In 2009, the university would not investigate such cases unless the alleged victim came forward. But in 2011, the Department of Education told schools to take action if a “preponderance of evidence” indicated sexual harassment or violence, a much lower burden of proof, one that did not require the alleged victim’s cooperation.
The new standard also came with a threat to revoke federal funding if the DOE found schools insufficiently aggressive in pursuing complaints, though it’s highly doubtful fear of losing federal funding affected Michigan’s approach. There is no question, however, that Michigan ruled the new threshold had been reached when officials discovered the alleged victim was giving numerous speeches about the incident on campus.
Thus, in August of 2013, Michigan reopened Gibbons’s case. On November 20, 2013, the university concluded that Gibbons “engaged in unwanted or unwelcome conduct of a sexual nature, committed without valid consent, and that conduct was so severe as to create a hostile, offensive, or abusive environment.” Gibbons did not appeal the decision, and left Michigan’s campus."

Bacon, John U. (2015-09-01). Endzone: The Rise, Fall, and Return of Michigan Football (Kindle Locations 4956-4966). St. Martin's Press. Kindle Edition.

Which remember, Bacon (mmmmmmm b-a-c-o-n) is a MAJOR Michigan insider.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that have a chance to pull up the book:
"Even now, very little can be said with absolute certainty. But we do know the woman contacted the Ann Arbor Police that night, then decided not to press charges. In 2009, the university would not investigate such cases unless the alleged victim came forward. But in 2011, the Department of Education told schools to take action if a “preponderance of evidence” indicated sexual harassment or violence, a much lower burden of proof, one that did not require the alleged victim’s cooperation.
The new standard also came with a threat to revoke federal funding if the DOE found schools insufficiently aggressive in pursuing complaints, though it’s highly doubtful fear of losing federal funding affected Michigan’s approach. There is no question, however, that Michigan ruled the new threshold had been reached when officials discovered the alleged victim was giving numerous speeches about the incident on campus.
Thus, in August of 2013, Michigan reopened Gibbons’s case. On November 20, 2013, the university concluded that Gibbons “engaged in unwanted or unwelcome conduct of a sexual nature, committed without valid consent, and that conduct was so severe as to create a hostile, offensive, or abusive environment.” Gibbons did not appeal the decision, and left Michigan’s campus."

Bacon, John U. (2015-09-01). Endzone: The Rise, Fall, and Return of Michigan Football (Kindle Locations 4956-4966). St. Martin's Press. Kindle Edition.

Which remember, Bacon (mmmmmmm b-a-c-o-n) is a MAJOR Michigan insider.
That still does not explain why Lewan's name was left off the police report for the threat.

GoBlueNavyNuke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That still does not explain why Lewan's name was left off the police report for the threat.

Different issue. I was only speaking to why the delay in the Gibbons case.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had my eye on Rashard Lawrence. I guess Friday he chose LSU over Ohio State. Louisiana guy, so its not a surprising choice, but he's a beast DT and the Buckeyes were in his final 2.

I honestly don't think I can recall the last time Ohio State pulled a prize recruit out of LA. Woulda been great to get that one.

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had my eye on Rashard Lawrence. I guess Friday he chose LSU over Ohio State. Louisiana guy, so its not a surprising choice, but he's a beast DT and the Buckeyes were in his final 2.

I honestly don't think I can recall the last time Ohio State pulled a prize recruit out of LA. Woulda been great to get that one.

Not many teams at all get prized recruits out of Louisiana. LSU keeps that state fenced in pretty good.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Because the school, not the Athletic Department, changed it's sexual assault policy to basically state that they don't need proof to kick someone out. Kicking him out of school is not an indication of guilt or proof of anything.

cwerph

Go Bucks!
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because the school, not the Athletic Department, changed it's sexual assault policy to basically state that they don't need proof to kick someone out. Kicking him out of school is not an indication of guilt or proof of anything.
Bull hockey. They don't throw people out of school for no reason. The legal ramifications would be enormous. Gibbons didn't contest because he knew he was guilty. If there was no evidence, he would have sued and won. He didn't sue because the statute of limitations wasn't up and if this thing ever went to a competent legal process, he knew he would have been sent to jail.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bull hockey. They don't throw people out of school for no reason. The legal ramifications would be enormous. Gibbons didn't contest because he knew he was guilty. If there was no evidence, he would have sued and won. He didn't sue because the statute of limitations wasn't up and if this thing ever went to a competent legal process, he knew he would have been sent to jail.
bigstockphoto_hammer_striking_nail_w_sparks_333329.jpg

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, they do and the University has been doing it more often since that policy change. There is no merit to sue and Gibbons couldn't prove his innocence because it was a he said she said. Basically, under the new policy you just have to be accused of a sexual assault and if there's no evidence to prove your innocence, they can chuck you out of the school.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, they do and the University has been doing it more often since that policy change. There is no merit to sue and Gibbons couldn't prove his innocence because it was a he said she said. Basically, under the new policy you just have to be accused of a sexual assault and if there's no evidence to prove your innocence, they can chuck you out of the school.
So the illustrious University of michigan is now happy to bend to the will of any drunk chick who makes a decision she later regrets now? Jesus dude, that is beyond pathetic. They deserve to have one of these cases bite them in the ass, and I hope it happens to the tune of several millions so they repeal that sexist rule.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the illustrious University of michigan is now happy to bend to the will of any drunk chick who makes a decision she later regrets now? Jesus dude, that is beyond pathetic. They deserve to have one of these cases bite them in the ass, and I hope it happens to the tune of several millions so they repeal that sexist rule.
I don't disagree. But it comes from the national pressure to solve the sexual abuse problems on college campuses. I wouldn't be shocked if OSU had a similar one or one in development.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't disagree. But it comes from the national pressure to solve the sexual abuse problems on college campuses. I wouldn't be shocked if OSU had a similar one or one in development.
"Solving" cases...ha. This has to do with Universities trying to cover their own asses and use a very possibly innocent student as the scapegoat. That makes me fucking sick.

I haven't heard of anything like that at OSU, but I also haven't really heard of that many r*pe cases that have come out and been big news.