• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OSU Game Thread

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was listening to Dana today...he made the same comments...put a lot of what happened on the QB on Saturday..just mental errors...just sayin'

Just rewatched my recording. Placed the DVR into slo-motion mode.

To be honest, Skyler could have done more to avoid the sack or possibly thrown it away. He stood in the pocket and had his eyes downfield. Had he focused just on Taylor, he likely would have made a play. According to the stop watch on my phone, Taylor had Skyler in his grasp in 3.62 sec.

No doubt, that one play seemed to set the tone for the rest of the game. And, that's too bad. This year's team had handled adversity much better in other games. Maybe this Okie St team was tougher/faster/better than they thought they'd be. And, they all started pressing...

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just rewatched my recording. Placed the DVR into slo-motion mode.

To be honest, Skyler could have done more to avoid the sack or possibly thrown it away. He stood in the pocket and had his eyes downfield. Had he focused just on Taylor, he likely would have made a play. According to the stop watch on my phone, Taylor had Skyler in his grasp in 3.62 sec.

No doubt, that one play seemed to set the tone for the rest of the game. And, that's too bad. This year's team had handled adversity much better in other games. Maybe this Okie St team was tougher/faster/better than they thought they'd be. And, they all started pressing...

Hey it happens..I am not going to get on Howard for the game..every player can have a not so great game...and i preface it because I don't think he played poorly..again it was all about maybe 7 or 8 plays..I thought he was solid.

wvu_man

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Howard has greatly improved his game this season. Like Slaton, I'm not going to let one bad game alter my opinion of 2016 Skyler. He's been very solid for us so far this season. But again, one of his strengths is a glaring weakness. He wants to "make a play" on every down and waits until the final second to throw the ball away which has resulted in numerous intentional grounding calls. The other thing that kills me is he will run out of bounds for a 2 yard loss instead of throwing it away right before he steps out of bounds.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey it happens..I am not going to get on Howard for the game..every player can have a not so great game...and i preface it because I don't think he played poorly..again it was all about maybe 7 or 8 plays..I thought he was solid.

There were so many players performing below their capabilities, that it is too easy to just point a finger at the QB. That is the lazy man's way. To say Skyler held onto the ball too long is one way of looking at the situation. The other is the kid was trying to keep his eye's focused downfield to make a play. His line failed him. He is supposed to trust his line.

Pretty solid analysis of the Okie St game here...

The Film Room: WVU - OSU

Howard was under pressure 12 times on passing plays -- dropbacks when he either was forced to run or move substantially, or was hit or had a rusher in his face or within touching distance. Howard responded very well in most of those instances, completing seven passes on those plays. However, he did suffer four sacks, and was able to throw the ball away only once. Included in the sack totals were yet another intentional grounding penalty, and the biggest play of all -- the fumble that the Pokes recovered in point blank scoring range.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There were so many players performing below their capabilities, that it is too easy to just point a finger at the QB. That is the lazy man's way. To say Skyler held onto the ball too long is one way of looking at the situation. The other is the kid was trying to keep his eye's focused downfield to make a play. His line failed him. He is supposed to trust his line.

Pretty solid analysis of the Okie St game here...

The Film Room: WVU - OSU

Howard was under pressure 12 times on passing plays -- dropbacks when he either was forced to run or move substantially, or was hit or had a rusher in his face or within touching distance. Howard responded very well in most of those instances, completing seven passes on those plays. However, he did suffer four sacks, and was able to throw the ball away only once. Included in the sack totals were yet another intentional grounding penalty, and the biggest play of all -- the fumble that the Pokes recovered in point blank scoring range.

You premium member you! Couldn't read it...but I would agree with the WVU-MAN the ball got stuck in his hands a couple of times when he was trying to make a play down field and good for him other than that last interception he held back from forcing it...he will see what he could have done differently on film and he will move forward...at the end of the day it would have been a really good road win...and would have essentially guaranteed at minimum a 10 win season..my guess the Baylor game decides the Big12 Champion..

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that pressure gets into Skylers head. When he has the time, he does a fantastic job. When he gets hit sacked and pressured, he seems to try to do too much.

As our injuries pile up, Texas, Oklahoma and Baylor look daunting. We could easily end up at 8-4 if our o-line plays like they did this past Saturday.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The line between holding onto the ball too long and extending plays is a fine one.

We jeer when he fumbles... we cheer when he makes a miraculous throw keeping a drive alive...

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Okie St game was the 2nd in a row in which the OL was pretty leaky. Add to this poor blocking by Crawford and the WR's... and their was little hope of seeing a big play.

When teams take away WVU's deep threat with coverage 2, WVU has not found a way to counter.

Dana and his offensive coaches have to find a way to get the ball into the end zone on sustained drives. If the OL can't stop a 4 man rush, they'll have to go with quick hitters... getting the ball out of Skyler's hands as quickly as possible.

It is only going to get tougher...

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Okie St game was the 2nd in a row in which the OL was pretty leaky. Add to this poor blocking by Crawford and the WR's... and their was little hope of seeing a big play.

When teams take away WVU's deep threat with coverage 2, WVU has not found a way to counter.

Dana and his offensive coaches have to find a way to get the ball into the end zone on sustained drives. If the OL can't stop a 4 man rush, they'll have to go with quick hitters... getting the ball out of Skyler's hands as quickly as possible.

It is only going to get tougher...

I thought the line played pretty well all things considered...I thought they looked exceptionally good in the run game...some of the plays OSU made you have to give them credit they have some pretty good DE's...you are not going to be able to block them up all day...

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought the line played pretty well all things considered...I thought they looked exceptionally good in the run game...some of the plays OSU made you have to give them credit they have some pretty good DE's...you are not going to be able to block them up all day...

Maybe they are pretty good. Or... maybe WVU's OL made them look pretty good.

No doubt, Okie St played well on defense. Was it like a reverse universe thing? In '13, WVU's defense looked awesome for one game... the entire season... against Okie St. They knocked two of their top WR's out of the game that afternoon on the way to a big upset.

Okie St came into the WVU game off of a subpar performance against KU. I would say this was either a sign of Okie St's defense turning a corner... or WVU making them look that way. Even after the WVU game, the Okie St defense is ranked #101 in total defense... #82 in rushing defense and #78 in team passing efficiency defense.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe they are pretty good. Or... maybe WVU's OL made them look pretty good.

No doubt, Okie St played well on defense. Was it like a reverse universe thing? In '13, WVU's defense looked awesome for one game... the entire season... against Okie St. They knocked two of their top WR's out of the game that afternoon on the way to a big upset.

Okie St came into the WVU game off of a subpar performance against KU. I would say this was either a sign of Okie St's defense turning a corner... or WVU making them look that way. Even after the WVU game, the Okie St defense is ranked #101 in total defense... #82 in rushing defense and #78 in team passing efficiency defense.

That is all true but they are 27th in sacks ...22 for the season and 27th in the country for tackles for a loss..so it looks like the way they hang in games on defense is splash plays and I think we saw that last saturday..

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is all true but they are 27th in sacks ...22 for the season and 27th in the country for tackles for a loss..so it looks like the way they hang in games on defense is splash plays and I think we saw that last saturday..

Definitely! Sadly... outside of WVU, KU and SE Louisiana... every other team found ways to score 30 or more points against their defense.