• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OSU Game Thread

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the thing I am most disappointed in is the tempo of the offense for the entire game. I do not understand it at times and we seem way more effective when we move quick.

We gave them 17 points, but i do not think the defense played that well either.

I agree Stillwater is a tough place to go in and win regardless of record....we still have a lot left to accomplish this season, and for some teams a "L" is a positive thing.
The whole team was flat, but the offensive line owns this loss, Howard was eaten alive, had no time at all to do anything, so he made poor decisions and hurried his throws. I hope they learn from the L and move forward, with as many of our kids injured to some degree today, I am glad it is Kansas next week on the schedule!!!

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah Kansas should be a nice pick me up after this game.

Again not surprised by the loss more surprised by our performance in a couple of areas.

I still do not understand the tempo game DH plays, Skyler IMO is a rhythm QB yet sometimes we do not let him find it and it is mostly on us not the defense. I understand DH's 'new' approach when it comes to helping the defense, but lets get the lead first and find our offense before we go power I.

I still think we should win the next two games.

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, we need to get everything together, we have Kansas at home next week, all the season's goals are still there, we can still win the league, can still get a good bowl, and still have a great season. Going to Stillwater and winning isn't easy, hope the kids don't get down and let this loss linger and affect next week, they had better take Kansas seriously, even though they are not a good team at all, they are capable of knocking off a distracted team, especially if some of today's injuries linger. Keep your heads up and keep fighting, guys.
A changed man. Nice to see.

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The loss of Shell really hurt in this. We needed a pounder. Seemed like every 3 red down we had was long. Hard to put skyler in that position with their rush.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The loss of Shell really hurt in this. We needed a pounder. Seemed like every 3 red down we had was long. Hard to put skyler in that position with their rush.
Indeed, Shell knocking out 6 yards on first down reliably really helps the offense on 2nd and 3rd. I don't know that I have changed, but Holgorsen sure has, I am seeing some WVU football on the field this year, some good defense, utilizing the running game efficiently. There is still work to do, play selection in the red zone had been better against TT and TCU, this week the offense was limited by Shell going down, so I will give Holgorsen a pass on some play selection. We still have ST work needing addressed, and WTF happened to the offensive line this week???????

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the O line was hurt by the tempo...I do not think we are a line them up and a cloud of dust offense against every team. TCU was not that good up front....Okie State, Texas, and Oklahoma still have very stout D lines. I would have rather moved quicker and kept them on their heels.

I am glad we do not go diamond in the red zone anymore, just does not work with our personel or the personel we choose to run in that formation.

This Kansas game needs to be a beat down....get on them early and never relent.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TCU is very good up front on defense. They are currently ranked #2 in team sacks and #15 in TFL.

Okie St is #28 in sacks and #25 in TFL.

Future opponents like Texas, KU and BU are also dangerous in both categories.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Slowing the clock down is helpful when you have established a nice lead and controlling the LOS.

Against TCU, WVU was having no trouble running the ball. There was much less control of the line yesterday. From the first series, WVU had trouble in pass pro with Okie St rushing but 4.

The highly touted WVU OL is having trouble. McKivitiz is a RS Fr, but he has been very inconsistent.

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TCU is very good up front on defense. They are currently ranked #2 in team sacks and #15 in TFL.

Okie St is #28 in sacks and #25 in TFL.

Future opponents like Texas, KU and BU are also dangerous in both categories.

Correct they have good sack guys, but line it up on them and you can move them off the ball

I do not think we will do that against Texas and Oklahoma....I think Baylor we could have some success. Like I said I still think we need to move with Tempo to get Skyler in a groove.

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Regarding Tempo. did anyone else notice how slow we seemed to go in the 2nd half when behind?

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Regarding Tempo. did anyone else notice how slow we seemed to go in the 2nd half when behind?
Yes, seems the idea was to milk clock and have the last possession, if would have worked had the O line let Howard have a few seconds to work with!!!! Or maybe as someone said above, with a little quicker tempo the offense would have clicked, who knows.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay..I just finished watching the game..I was out of town this past weekend...I guess I saw a different game then the comments I have read on here..my take..I thought Wv played more than well enough to win...from my perspective that first quarter phantom offensive pass interference call ...which was an incredible officiating gaffe was huge!...it kind of set the tone for the game...then 4 other plays cost them the game...the turnovers obviously putting the defense on the field inside its own 10 yard line twice...a missed field goal...that kid BTW is a liability and will cost this team maybe two more games...and the illegal crackback on #25 ...

I thought the team as a whole played really well...but here comes my Howard criticism...he seems at least from what I can tell from watching the game on TV that when he is playing from behind he presses...his vision seems to cut the field down in half...there were many occasions that he did not progress thru all his reads and his safety valve was wide open every time but he never looked to him....unfortunate...but it was a tough game in a tough venue... I think there are plenty of better days ahead..

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tom Brady is considered one of the GOAT QB's... right?

How did he look in the AFC CG last year against Denver's pressure?

Yet... we want to be critical of Howard? LOL!

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay..I just finished watching the game..I was out of town this past weekend...I guess I saw a different game then the comments I have read on here..my take..I thought Wv played more than well enough to win...from my perspective that first quarter phantom offensive pass interference call ...which was an incredible officiating gaffe was huge!...it kind of set the tone for the game...then 4 other plays cost them the game...the turnovers obviously putting the defense on the field inside its own 10 yard line twice...a missed field goal...that kid BTW is a liability and will cost this team maybe two more games...and the illegal crackback on #25 ...

I thought the team as a whole played really well...but here comes my Howard criticism...he seems at least from what I can tell from watching the game on TV that when he is playing from behind he presses...his vision seems to cut the field down in half...there were many occasions that he did not progress thru all his reads and his safety valve was wide open every time but he never looked to him....unfortunate...but it was a tough game in a tough venue... I think there are plenty of better days ahead..
I didn't see the whole game, just the second half, and didn't see a replay. I saw live action only, and from what I saw, Howard did not have time to get through his reads, he was not protected well at all. WVU played well enough to win, if not for the turnovers, I will not get into officiating, there are bad calls both ways in every game.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tom Brady is considered one of the GOAT QB's... right?

How did he look in the AFC CG last year against Denver's pressure?

Yet... we want to be critical of Howard? LOL!

Tom Brady??...really?

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't see the whole game, just the second half, and didn't see a replay. I saw live action only, and from what I saw, Howard did not have time to get through his reads, he was not protected well at all. WVU played well enough to win, if not for the turnovers, I will not get into officiating, there are bad calls both ways in every game.

He had plenty of time..he seemed to get the ball stuck in his hands on few occasions one resulted in a devastating fumble.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Devastating fumble? He had no time before Taylor was wrapped around him. Give me a break!

Yeah... Tom Brady. If he has trouble with pressure, how reasonable is to expect our guy to handle it? He can't get the ball off as fast as Tom... nor is he even close to as skilled or experienced.

All about the pass rush pressure....

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Devastating fumble? He had no time before Taylor was wrapped around him. Give me a break!

Yeah... Tom Brady. If he has trouble with pressure, how reasonable is to expect our guy to handle it? He can't get the ball off as fast as Tom... nor is he even close to as skilled or experienced.

All about the pass rush pressure....

You fumble inside your own 10 yard line and that's not devastating?..you go back an look again..the ball got stuck in his hand..he tried to extend the play...he should have thrown it away..

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You fumble inside your own 10 yard line and that's not devastating?..you go back an look again..the ball got stuck in his hand..he tried to extend the play...he should have thrown it away..

Yes... the fumble inside the 10 was devastating. I was mocking your reference to time.

Watch your recording again. Taylor pulls on Lingafelter's jersey... pulls him to the ground. He comes straight at Skyler who does as he's taught... takes a side step. Taylor reaches out and grabs him. While trying to break free, Skyler attempts to pass it.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes... the fumble inside the 10 was devastating. I was mocking your reference to time.

Watch your recording again. Taylor pulls on Lingafelter's jersey... pulls him to the ground. He comes straight at Skyler who does as he's taught... takes a side step. Taylor reaches out and grabs him. While trying to break free, Skyler attempts to pass it.

Was listening to Dana today...he made the same comments...put a lot of what happened on the QB on Saturday..just mental errors...just sayin'