• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL Oregon to play Boise St. in Vegas (remember last time?)

Oregon v Boise in Vegas, Dec 16

• Boise State

Votes: 12 63.2%
  • Oregon

Votes: 7 36.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

smilesid

Hammerfan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a lot of good blood between BSU and Oregon over the last decade. Fitting that they'll meet in Vegas since after the decision, Legarrette Blount tried for a TKO afterwards
article_photo1_53.jpg

https://media.tenor.com/videos/22a4946701bb6d9288d07602f57771e2/mp4
Then Friday, BSU guard, Lexus Williams, leaped from the "O" at Knight Court in Eugene and broke Oregon's 46 game home winning streak.
boise-buzzer-beater-832x447.png

This might be a good game, what do you think?

The Future Modal

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These two teams should be in the same conference.

Just sayin' .....

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

TheReal_NU

This space intentionally left blank
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You should work out a swap.
Boise for Oregon.
It makes more sense to have both.Boise and Oregon have a built in rivalry.A lot of hate between both teams.After the home and home referenced in the OP.If they ever went super conferences.One of two ways to fix the cfp.I would go Boise,Oklahoma,Texas and BYU in the PAC.Not a fan of BYU but they do have the Utah mormon rivalry

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i feel like the whole "last time they played" is meaningless. some fans may hold on to it. probably some writers and analysts but as for the teams both coaching staffs are different all players are different. last time Oregon and Boise State played most of these players were 10-14 years old.

as for the basketball game the other day I highly doubt any football players feel any kind of animosity toward Boise State because of Basketball

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It makes more sense to have both.Boise and Oregon have a built in rivalry.A lot of hate between both teams.After the home and home referenced in the OP.If they ever went super conferences.One of two ways to fix the cfp.I would go Boise,Oklahoma,Texas and BYU in the PAC.Not a fan of BYU but they do have the Utah mormon rivalry
Rivalry? no there isnt. thats like saying USC has a rivalry with Fresno or Stanford has one with San Diego State.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rivalry? no there isnt. thats like saying USC has a rivalry with Fresno or Stanford has one with San Diego State.
Disagree Boise and Oregon have the perfect foundation for a rivalry.SC has never had heat with Fresno fans.Theres nothing really between Stanford and SDSU fans.Oregon and Boise fans have had the back and forth stemming from the home and home.And Blounts cheap shot.Add this bowl theirs a rivalry ready to go

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disagree Boise and Oregon have the perfect foundation for a rivalry.SC has never had heat with Fresno fans.Theres nothing really between Stanford and SDSU fans.Oregon and Boise fans have had the back and forth stemming from the home and home.And Blounts cheap shot.Add this bowl theirs a rivalry ready to go
thats my point. Fresno and USC have no heat Stanford and San Diego State have no heat for the most part Oregon fans and Boise fans dont either. they had 2 games Boise barely won both. Oregon fans said Boise had dirty players after the first game. Boise and everyone else said it about Oregon because of Blount. thats about it. i mean by your criteria Oregon has a rivalry with Oklahoma.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thats my point. Fresno and USC have no heat Stanford and San Diego State have no heat for the most part Oregon fans and Boise fans dont either. they had 2 games Boise barely won both. Oregon fans said Boise had dirty players after the first game. Boise and everyone else said it about Oregon because of Blount. thats about it. i mean by your criteria Oregon has a rivalry with Oklahoma.
Exactly unlike SC Fresno and Stanford SDSU.Oregon and Boise have an established history.That they can build further off.Those games went over huge.A potential rivalry between Oregon and Oklahoma would be nice too.But I think SC and Oklahoma have far more history than Oregon and Oklahoma .Most Sonner fans are going to remember the C game than the onsides kick

smilesid

Hammerfan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Olyduck A lot of these shirts can still be seen in Boise. And neither game was particularly close, Boise won each handily. In Autzen, they were booing their own team in the 3rd quarter, while in Boise, it was halfway through the 3rd quarter before the Ducks even got a first down. They only even threatened once, a single touchdown & 2 pt. conversion. Blount gained minus 6 and got nailed for a safety to boot. He had boasted in Sports Illustrated that Boise deserved "an ass whooping" No wonder he was in a "foul" mood (pun intended)
11832799l2.jpg

smilesid

Hammerfan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While Oregon considered it a minor game series, in Boise, it's never been forgotten. No, those two games are forever a part of Bronco lore. We Boise fans know that Oregon is good. We don't have Uncle Phil's checkbook or a PAC 12 contract. That gives Oregon a big advantage. I was at the BSU/Portland game today. At halftime, the team came on court and displayed the MWC trophy, then they announced that we drew Oregon in the Vegas Bowl. The cheer was loud and enthusiastic!

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Olyduck A lot of these shirts can still be seen in Boise. And neither game was particularly close, Boise won each handily. In Autzen, they were booing their own team in the 3rd quarter, while in Boise, it was halfway through the 3rd quarter before the Ducks even got a first down. They only even threatened once, a single touchdown & 2 pt. conversion. Blount gained minus 6 and got nailed for a safety to boot. He had boasted in Sports Illustrated that Boise deserved "an ass whooping" No wonder he was in a "foul" mood (pun intended)
11832799l2.jpg
32-37 at Autzen and 8-19 at Boise is handily?

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly unlike SC Fresno and Stanford SDSU.Oregon and Boise have an established history.That they can build further off.Those games went over huge.A potential rivalry between Oregon and Oklahoma would be nice too.But I think SC and Oklahoma have far more history than Oregon and Oklahoma .Most Sonner fans are going to remember the C game than the onsides kick
well i mean SDSU just beat Stanford this year. totally grounds for a rivalry

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While Oregon considered it a minor game series, in Boise, it's never been forgotten. No, those two games are forever a part of Bronco lore. We Boise fans know that Oregon is good. We don't have Uncle Phil's checkbook or a PAC 12 contract. That gives Oregon a big advantage. I was at the BSU/Portland game today. At halftime, the team came on court and displayed the MWC trophy, then they announced that we drew Oregon in the Vegas Bowl. The cheer was loud and enthusiastic!
most of my friends would have rather drawn Fresno because of Tedford and McMarrion

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well i mean SDSU just beat Stanford this year. totally grounds for a rivalry
Couldn't have been too bad no one really noticed.Where as the Blount sucker punch is infamous.Idk maybe Oregon just wants to forget that series :noidea:
PUNCH.gif