• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Oregon Gov. announces no large sporting events

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are in the majority. I think I saw where ESPN polled fans and 78% said they prefer a season with no attendance in stadiums than no season at all.

I’d be interested what people thought of having a season where fans would be in the stands or no season at all. For us football lovers I’d think the choice would be simple it but it really wouldn’t be for all.

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you have ANY idea how much profanity is yelled on a football field during a game? And on the sidelines when a coach or player is seriously PO'd about something? If the stadiums are empty you're gonna hear every cuss word and N word used because there won't be any crowd noise to cover it up. I can just imagine how the SJW crowd will react if that happens. :pound:

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s hilarious that you doofuses actually think there’s going to be a CFB season period.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’d be interested what people thought of having a season where fans would be in the stands or no season at all. For us football lovers I’d think the choice would be simple it but it really wouldn’t be for all.
That is exactly what the poll said. I just didn't explain it too well. 78% would prefer a season with no fans in the stands as opposed to no season at all.

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is exactly what the poll said. I just didn't explain it too well. 78% would prefer a season with no fans in the stands as opposed to no season at all.
Schools will still take a massive hit, they actually depend on the gates for home games. That's how many are able to afford the 1 million plus dollars to beat up on Lamar.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Schools will still take a massive hit, they actually depend on the gates for home games. That's how many are able to afford the 1 million plus dollars to beat up on Lamar.
Oh hell yeah they'll take a hit. The size of the hit will be proportional to their regular attendance.

Schools like my Miners rely of those big bucks for the slaughter games. Supposed to get a check from you guys this year and the land thieves in 2022. OU, Texas and Texas Tech have been good about paying us to come in over the years.

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh hell yeah they'll take a hit. The size of the hit will be proportional to their regular attendance.

Schools like my Miners rely of those big bucks for the slaughter games. Supposed to get a check from you guys this year and the land thieves in 2022. OU, Texas and Texas Tech have been good about paying us to come in over the years.
I saw that the PAC is discussing an 11 game round Robin and how that may force other conferences to do the same thing. But I highly doubt the rest will follow.

Hang_On_Sloopy08

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This fucks me pretty bad and I’m in Ohio. Wanted to qualify for the US Am at Bandon Dunes and then go to the Ohio State vs. Oregon game. :tsk:

Reactions: gob

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No I’m asking in this climate, would people prefer to have games WITH fans in the stands or no games at all?

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No I’m asking in this climate, would people prefer to have games WITH fans in the stands or no games at all?
My bad. I haven't seen a poll with that scenario.

What I have seen is concerns associated with restrooms, concessions, entry/exit, etc. not the seating. I think scattering 10,000 people around in a 50,000 seat stadium wouldn't be real tough. Some may not be happy with their seating, but..................

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw that the PAC is discussing an 11 game round Robin and how that may force other conferences to do the same thing. But I highly doubt the rest will follow.
Not even a 50 megaton nuclear blast could separate Bama from its OOC cupcake fest. At least 2 of them are usually schools you didn't even know had football programs.

So good luck with that.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not even a 50 megaton nuclear blast could separate Bama from its OOC cupcake fest. At least 2 of them are usually schools you didn't even know had football programs.

So good luck with that.
But, their conference schedule is so tough they don't need to worry about OOC.

Did I do that right?

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You nailed it. I did some number crunching on what the NCAA's annual Revenues and Expenses Reports say are the averages for all FBS schools.

Football provides an average of about 54% of a college athletic department's revenues.

Football Ticket sales + Concessions and Programs/Novelties at games = 22% of football revenues.

Cash contributions from alumni and others (for football seating priorities and tickets to big games/championship games) is another 21% of football revenues.

So, 43% of total football revenues would immediately go up in smoke if they do not sell game tickets and do not receive revenues from priorities associated with game seating.

The other 57% of football revenues comes from NCAA and Conference distributions, Broadcast Rights, Royalties/Advertising/Sponsorships and sports camps. (I don't know if the Networks would still be obligated by contract to still pay for all the Broadcast Rights if the games were suspended. If that was another loss of revenue, it would be on top of the 43% number.)

And get this: the total cost for women's sports is almost $4 for every $1 they generate in revenue.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On a similar note, Mich Gov said this yesterday,

Likely already assumed "full stadiums" are probably not going to be a thing in many states. I still hope we can have "1/3 full" stadiums or something like it.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On a similar note, Mich Gov said this yesterday,

Likely already assumed "full stadiums" are probably not going to be a thing in many states. I still hope we can have "1/3 full" stadiums or something like it.
And another reason most people think she's a cvnt.

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And another reason most people think I'm a cvnt.

ZtKAu2P.gif

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My bad. I haven't seen a poll with that scenario.

What I have seen is concerns associated with restrooms, concessions, entry/exit, etc. not the seating. I think scattering 10,000 people around in a 50,000 seat stadium wouldn't be real tough. Some may not be happy with their seating, but..................

All good man, I was just wondering how that vote would go.

I’m wondering how realistic that is to restrict a certain amount of people into the stadium. But then again I am in the camp of at some point we are going to have to fight this virus head on.