• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Opinions about the ACC?

xpuctaqpGT

Modern Major General
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that you have been here for a bit, what are the ND fans opinion about your current association with the ACC?

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am satisfied. Not terribly different than our arrangement with the Big East before. It benefits our BB program and other non-revenue sports teams. Also, the need for at least some quasi-membership is necessary for bowl tie-ins. It would have been impossible for ND to remain completely independent otherwise. I like that we are still able to keep football independent, and this gives us roots in the south to recruit, which is where you need to be. The only other options to accomplish this were the SEC (fat chance) and the Big 12, which, frankly, doesn't have the academic panache of the the ACC.

It was the best option of a less desierable arrangmenet than I think the University would have wanted.

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm ok with it. I do miss being able to see ND come to Chicago and Milwaukee to play depaul and Marquette. But I think it helps all the non revenue sports like lacrosse, baseball and soccer and as stated, helps give a presence in Florida and all the Southeast for recruiting purposes. Overall, I agree that it was the best option, primarily because it allowed us to stay independent in football.