• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

We Need to Talk About Cosby

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not a fan of W. Kamau Bell (he sets out looking for what is wrong with non-blacks), but I think he is/was actually the perfect person to tackle this project. Cosby was such a powerful icon in American society, but especially American black society. Talking about him, his image and his EPIC fall really should be tackled by an activist comedian, I think.

I still need to watch the finale, but so far, it is a pretty engrossing watch.

Has anyone else watched it? What are your thoughts?

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are right, that comment did not belong here and I whole-heartedly apologize.

I have deleted that post.
It is big of you to acknowledge and do that. Not many people do that these days. So kudos to that!

Plus my rant was a bit unhinged (as always). I also apologize if it was too over the top, or personal.
Now, should I delete my post also?

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is big of you to acknowledge and do that. Not many people do that these days. So kudos to that!

Plus my rant was a bit unhinged (as always). I also apologize if it was too over the top, or personal.
Now, should I delete my post also?
I guess I can't delete it??

Oh well, add it to my well documented assholery I guess.

I reiterate one point: Fuck Bill Cosby!!!

Debbie Does

Question Authority
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cosby might be in prison if it weren't for his age. He's 84. He's never getting another TV show or stage act.

Not excusing him, but this would have meant a lot more if it been revealed right away, as a legal action based in recent events, not a political action based on current politics applied to a very old case.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cosby might be in prison if it weren't for his age. He's 84. He's never getting another TV show or stage act.

Not excusing him, but this would have meant a lot more if it been revealed right away, as a legal action based in recent events, not a political action based on current politics applied to a very old case.
It was normal behavior, I think, but it is still disgusting.

And by them going so far, it ruined the more minor drugging later generations would have been able to get away with.

Thanks for breaking the game for everyone else, you ass hole.

[/SARCASM]

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not a fan of W. Kamau Bell (he sets out looking for what is wrong with non-blacks), but I think he is/was actually the perfect person to tackle this project. Cosby was such a powerful icon in American society, but especially American black society. Talking about him, his image and his EPIC fall really should be tackled by an activist comedian, I think.

I thought it was crazy to have 60+ (or whatever it was) counts against him of r*pe & he only got 10 years.
It must be great to be rich & famous was my thoughts.
Joe blow from the neighborhood goes to prison for a very long time for one r*pe.

Talk about a Jekyll & Hyde persona!

Debbie Does

Question Authority
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And by them going so far, it ruined the more minor drugging later generations would have been able to get away with.
It does put the fear of over-zealous prosecution in everyone.

When I was splitting from my ex-wife, I was meeting with a nice blonde for drinks and dancing. I realized that she had a very low alcohol tolerance. I would have loved to, but I was always respectful and more hands off than I would have been in years past.

So yeah, fuck you, Dr. Huxtable.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought it was crazy to have 60+ (or whatever it was) counts against him of r*pe & he only got 10 years.
It must be great to be rich & famous was my thoughts.
Joe blow from the neighborhood goes to prison for a very long time for one r*pe.

Talk about a Jekyll & Hyde persona!
Most of the accusations had past the statute of limitations, so charges could not be filed. Many SoL laws across the country have changed because of Cosby.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

“Many people are calling for projects for him,” and he is considering a final standup tour, Wyatt said.

God I wish this fucker would die already. Could you imagine if he goes on tour & makes money after this?

Meanwhile there are guys on deathrow where the prosecutor & judge seen new evidence later & said he is an innocent man but not rich & famous & they wont even grant a new trial.

The judicial system is crazy.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

“Many people are calling for projects for him,” and he is considering a final standup tour, Wyatt said.

God I wish this fucker would die already. Could you imagine if he goes on tour & makes money after this?

Meanwhile there are guys on deathrow where the prosecutor & judge seen new evidence later & said he is an innocent man but not rich & famous & they wont even grant a new trial.

The judicial system is crazy.
I don’t disagree that death row inmates, especially, should essentially have their cases tried again before actual execution. but in the case of Cosby, the main piece of evidence that convicted him was fruit from the forbidden tree. Releasing him was the only option.

Him going on stage, though, would be a shitshow. I can’t imagine any reputable stage putting him up, and no way would he be able get a platform or distributed to release any taped show he does at this point.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Cosby poses the same problems as Micheal Jackson, great iconic entertainers but also prevents and criminals.