• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Only three more college games for Manziel

Droopdog51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he's gone, but I also think him & Evans need to stay in college 1 more year and work on their craft. Right now they are getting away with pure physical ability. They will not have the physical ability advantage in the NFL. All the tools are there, they need to work on the mental aspects of the game.

That being said, Manziel has already proven a lot of people wrong and exceeded everyone's expectations. Do you really want to bet against him?

tshirt

hot dogs mmm
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
remember, the Broncos traded up to take Tebow in the 1st Round, and that was one of the best moves in NFL history. Tebow set an all-time NFL Draft record for jersey sales and continued to have the top selling jersey through the season. Tebow took over as the starter in sixth game of his second year in the NFL (2011). The Broncos were 1-4 before he became the starter, then went 7-1 with Tebow (during which Tebow had 5 fourth quarter comebacks, and 5 game-winning drives). Broncos won the AFC West title with Tebow, then, in the playoffs, Tebow rained holy fire on the Stealers with a career high 316 yards and two touchdowns, including an 80-yard TD to Demaryius Thomas on the first play of overtime, as the Broncos won 29-23.

that same year, an autobiography that Tebow co-wrote (Through My Eyes) was released, and spent 24 weeks on the New York Times best seller list

then the Broncos got Petyon Manning and nobody wanted Tebow because of the distracting circus he attracted. Worked out perfect for the Broncos.

BTHOtu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jerry Jones will draft him and he will be third string to Romo for three years before he gets cut. Jerry loves him some Romo. He'll draft him to keep him from playing for Philly.

A&M will be ok. Time to start developing Kenny Football. He should be an awesome QB by the time all the talent on defense that they are recruiting spends a year or two in the weight room.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL.....Jerry Jones isn't drafting a QB at all, let alone JFF. I love how everyone assumes he goes after certain players, and he never does. He also doesn't sign in FA the amount of players people assume he does either.

JFF is the BEST football player in the NCAA, no question. But he's getting by on pure athleticism and shoddy technique. That works at the collegiate level.......he's going to have problems at the pro level without proper coaching. I think in time, he'll be fine......assuming he's coachable.

fredmccallyRTR

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ponderous Question: If Manziel like Tebow was asked to play a different position at the next level, which position do you think it would be? Anyone?

Pariah

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If/When he goes pro, he'll be nothing.

Texas aTm will also be nothing.

Back to normal, I say.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ponderous Question: If Manziel like Tebow was asked to play a different position at the next level, which position do you think it would be? Anyone?

He's too small to play too many other positions. On offense it would have to be WR. I don't think he could play anywhere else on the field. I don't think he's really fast enough to be a DB, and his size holds him back from everything else other than punter.

Droopdog51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL.....Jerry Jones isn't drafting a QB at all, let alone JFF. I love how everyone assumes he goes after certain players, and he never does. He also doesn't sign in FA the amount of players people assume he does either.

The name Quincey Carter and Terrel Owens mean anything to you?

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The name Quincey Carter and Terrel Owens mean anything to you?

Carter was drafted when the Cowboys didn't HAVE a QB. And TO is the really the only big money FA he's ever signed. Thanks for proving my point.

People act like Jones signs 50 players every offseason - Jones isn't Daniel Snyder. But EVERYTIME there's a big name out there, or a popular collegiate player, idiots come out saying Jerry will take them.....and it never happens.

Droopdog51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carter was drafted when the Cowboys didn't HAVE a QB. And TO is the really the only big money FA he's ever signed. Thanks for proving my point.

People act like Jones signs 50 players every offseason - Jones isn't Daniel Snyder. But EVERYTIME there's a big name out there, or a popular collegiate player, idiots come out saying Jerry will take them.....and it never happens.

I think he was being sarcastic. However, you did bring up a good point. What does Jerry Jones and Dan Snyder have in common? They both signed Deon Sanders as a free agent.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he was being sarcastic. However, you did bring up a good point. What does Jerry Jones and Dan Snyder have in common? They both signed Deon Sanders as a free agent.

Who hasn't Dan Snyder signed, and for like 100 million more than they were worth? Jerry won a SB with Deion.....Snyder didnt even make the playoffs.

BTHOtu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was being sarcastic. Any comments I make about Jerry Jones are in jest. Romo sucks. Garrett sucks. But Jones thinks they're great.

rfjeff9

THWG!!!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,435.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good. Maybe now College Gameday will talk about someone else.

tshirt

hot dogs mmm
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jerry Jones already has the deal in place to bring in Sumlin as his head coach and Manziel as his QB. they will team up with Jerry's draft picks in recent years:

WR Dez Bryant of Oklahoma State (2010)
RB Joseph Randle of Oklahoma State (2013)
RB DeMarco Murray of Oklahoma (2011)
TE James Hanna of Oklahoma (2012)
WR Terrance Williams of Baylor (2013)

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he's gone, but I also think him & Evans need to stay in college 1 more year and work on their craft. Right now they are getting away with pure physical ability. They will not have the physical ability advantage in the NFL. All the tools are there, they need to work on the mental aspects of the game.

That being said, Manziel has already proven a lot of people wrong and exceeded everyone's expectations. Do you really want to bet against him?

That would be the smart move. Stay 1 more year, especially when your all world WR could stay with you. Have 1 full year where you go without rubbing anyone the wrong way and let all of the "character" concerns die down. Take away the character concerns alone, and he would go top 5. Take them away and have 1 more year of work, and he could potentially be even higher.

But when does he do anything that is smart?