• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Only SLIGHTLY early mock draft 2015

RamCub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
chy1127 - I love the Donovan Smith OT from Penn State pick in the fourth round!

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Andy Gallik more than Grasu or Dismukes who are both two small for the power running style

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Andy Gallik more than Grasu or Dismukes who are both two small for the power running style

I actually like Max Garcia as well as any of them, more of a power guy.

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sorry Clayton, you make ZERO sense here. While I like Gallick (and BJ Finney for that matter) later in the draft, your point about Dismukes and Grassu's size is false. Either that or Gallick is too small for power running game as well.

Gallick - 6'3" 303
Dismukes - 6'3" 300
Grassu - 6'3" 299

They are essentially the same player and on top of that of the 3, Dismukes actually PLAYED in a power run offense at Auburn. Cameron Artis-Payne is a between the tackles RB. That is ALL he did at Auburn. He was the Thunder to Tre Mason's Lightning the year before.

I agree on Grassu though. While he is the same size, having played in the spread for 4 years is not going to make for an easy transition to the NFL.

IMO, the Centers rate out like this in this draft: Erving,Dismukes,Gallick,Grassu,Finney,Mancz,Garcia

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Cooper or White is there at 10, that should be the pick. If not trade down and take the best OL there. Hard to believe the draft is a little more than 3 weeks away.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO, the Centers rate out like this in this draft: Erving,Dismukes,Gallick,Grassu,Finney,Mancz,Garcia

Most of the center prospects this year are underwhelming for the Rams' power blocking scheme. Erving is far above all, with Dismukes being a decent fit a few rounds later. Finney is unimpressive to me, and I don't know much about Mancz. Garcia is limited, but does fit the power blocking scheme and is a team leader. Don't forget Shaq Mason in the mix either; he's short, but powerful and aggressive.

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A new HIGH SCORE for the ol' COMMISH!! I traded down twice in round 2. I traded my 2nd and 3rd and got a 2nd and 2 3rd's. Then traded down once more and got one more third. If our draft looks like this, I would be EXTREMELY happy...

Your score is: 7506 (GRADE: A)

Your Picks:

Round 1 Pick 10: Brandon Scherff, OT/OG, Iowa (A+)
Round 2 Pick 16 (S.D.): Breshad Perriman, WR, UCF (A)
Round 3 Pick 11 (N.O.): Ty Sambrailo, OT, Colorado State (A+)
Round 3 Pick 14 (N.O.): Derron Smith, FS, Fresno State (A)
Round 3 Pick 19 (S.D.): Hroniss Grasu, C, Oregon (A+)
Round 4 Pick 20: Ben Koyack, TE, Notre Dame (A)
Round 6 Pick 40 (COMP): Matt Jones, RB, Florida (A+)
Round 7 Pick 10: Louis Trinca-Pasat, DT, Iowa (B)

chy1127

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sorry Clayton, you make ZERO sense here. While I like Gallick (and BJ Finney for that matter) later in the draft, your point about Dismukes and Grassu's size is false. Either that or Gallick is too small for power running game as well.

Gallick - 6'3" 303
Dismukes - 6'3" 300
Grassu - 6'3" 299

They are essentially the same player and on top of that of the 3, Dismukes actually PLAYED in a power run offense at Auburn. Cameron Artis-Payne is a between the tackles RB. That is ALL he did at Auburn. He was the Thunder to Tre Mason's Lightning the year before.

I agree on Grassu though. While he is the same size, having played in the spread for 4 years is not going to make for an easy transition to the NFL.

Bottom line is that we should be able to get one of these guys in round 4. Erving will be long gone but we should have a choice of upgrades in the 4th.

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most of the center prospects this year are underwhelming for the Rams' power blocking scheme. Erving is far above all, with Dismukes being a decent fit a few rounds later. Finney is unimpressive to me, and I don't know much about Mancz. Garcia is limited, but does fit the power blocking scheme and is a team leader. Don't forget Shaq Mason in the mix either; he's short, but powerful and aggressive.

Finney I like not just because he was a captain at KState, but because he is versatile like Barrett Jones was coming out of college. A lot of other "experts" do as well. He was all Big 12 at both OG and C. Mancz, Mason and Garcia are all options with either the 6th or 7th round picks. Personally the guy I want is Dismukes for his connection to GRob and Mason as much as for his toughness and ability.

chy1127

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A new HIGH SCORE for the ol' COMMISH!! I traded down twice in round 2. I traded my 2nd and 3rd and got a 2nd and 2 3rd's. Then traded down once more and got one more third. If our draft looks like this, I would be EXTREMELY happy...

Your score is: 7506 (GRADE: A)

Your Picks:

Round 1 Pick 10: Brandon Scherff, OT/OG, Iowa (A+)
Round 2 Pick 16 (S.D.): Breshad Perriman, WR, UCF (A)
Round 3 Pick 11 (N.O.): Ty Sambrailo, OT, Colorado State (A+)
Round 3 Pick 14 (N.O.): Derron Smith, FS, Fresno State (A)
Round 3 Pick 19 (S.D.): Hroniss Grasu, C, Oregon (A+)
Round 4 Pick 20: Ben Koyack, TE, Notre Dame (A)
Round 6 Pick 40 (COMP): Matt Jones, RB, Florida (A+)
Round 7 Pick 10: Louis Trinca-Pasat, DT, Iowa (B)
Works for me!

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bottom line is that we should be able to get one of these guys in round 4. Erving will be long gone but we should have a choice of upgrades in the 4th.

I would say look at them in round 3. They would not be a reach there and seeing as we need all the help we can get on the line, you look at Dismukes in round 3. If he is gone, you are right however. Gallick or Finney will probably be there in round 4.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Gallick - 6'3" 303
Dismukes - 6'3" 300
Grassu - 6'3" 299

Um, I guess you haven't looked at what the scouts are saying about Dismukes. Dismukes has short arms, small hands, is slightly lower in weight, low bench results and struggles against Nose Tackles. I think he'd be a bad fit.

WEAKNESSES
Has difficulty with a zero nose or shade techniques. Tends to lose leverage when blocking heads up. Sometimes deadens feet and tries to position block, which causes him to lose the defender over the top. Hands open up and get wide. Has short arms and won't get much movement as run blocker.
DRAFT PROJECTION
4th/5th Round
SOURCES TELL US
"His tape isn't all that good(sp) when you focus in on Auburn's gap scheme, but when you watch him on the move, he looks much better. I think zone teams will take a look at him as someone who can eventually become a starter." - NFC offensive line coach

WEAKNESSES: Is almost light for today's standards and doesn't possess ideal length or power. Short arms (32") and small hands (8 1/4") that actually were the smallest measured by any player in the 2015 Senior Bowl. Struggled when covered up by a powerful nose guard, failing to get consistent movement at the point of attack.
--Rob Rang

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well first of all... Rob Rang is NOT a scout. He is no better than we are except he gets PAID to write it.

Most "experts" have him with a mid 3rd round grade, and as highest of the group of him, Grassu, Gallick and Finney. I agree his main weakness is the straight on nose tackle. Well, in 2015 we play 3 games against teams that predominantly use a 3-4 NT. THAT does not worry me. And now since the Rams are not necessarily looking for a C who will start right away, ANY of those mid round guys are a fit IMO. It is not that I do not like Gallick, I just happen to think Dismukes is more polished.

And funny how Rang writes what you posted above, but then writes this for the Sports Exchange:
"Dismukes sports the short,squatty frame so conducive to playing in the trenches. He has a low center of gravity and plays with excellent knee bend, giving him a leverage advantage over most opponents. He shuffles laterally very well and is quick to the second level due to light feet. Dismukes has strong hands to latch and control opponents, showing not only power but excellent hand placement. Dismukes is strong enough to drive defenders off the ball but is best suited for a zone scheme where he can take full advantage of his efficient movement to turn and seal defenders from action"

Bottom line is the kid is going to be a player. I like him for his toughness and his familiarity with players on the Rams. I like Dismukes in the 3rd, Gallick or Finney in 4th and Mancz,Mason, Garcia and McDermott late rounds.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which is why, at center, if the Rams don't grab Erving early, I think they could be better off with a late pick on Mason or Garcia instead of the Dismukes, Grassu, etc mid round guys personally.

With the Rams already having 3 candidates on the roster for center, they may not even pursue a center in this draft. It's not exactly a strong center draft.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well first of all... Rob Rang is NOT a scout. He is no better than we are except he gets PAID to write it.

Most "experts" have him with a mid 3rd round grade, and as highest of the group of him, Grassu, Gallick and Finney. I agree his main weakness is the straight on nose tackle. Well, in 2015 we play 3 games against teams that predominantly use a 3-4 NT. THAT does not worry me. And now since the Rams are not necessarily looking for a C who will start right away, ANY of those mid round guys are a fit IMO. It is not that I do not like Gallick, I just happen to think Dismukes is more polished.

And funny how Rang writes what you posted above, but then writes this for the Sports Exchange:
"Dismukes sports the short,squatty frame so conducive to playing in the trenches. He has a low center of gravity and plays with excellent knee bend, giving him a leverage advantage over most opponents. He shuffles laterally very well and is quick to the second level due to light feet. Dismukes has strong hands to latch and control opponents, showing not only power but excellent hand placement. Dismukes is strong enough to drive defenders off the ball but is best suited for a zone scheme where he can take full advantage of his efficient movement to turn and seal defenders from action"

Bottom line is the kid is going to be a player. I like him for his toughness and his familiarity with players on the Rams. I like Dismukes in the 3rd, Gallick or Finney in 4th and Mancz,Mason, Garcia and McDermott late rounds.

He does specify "for a zone scheme" though, which the Rams don't utilize.

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He does specify "for a zone scheme" though, which the Rams don't utilize

I agree there, it says he is "more suited for" zone schemes. That does not mean ONLY in zone schemes will he be succesful. I will be happy with ANY of the guys we have mentioned. I just happen to think Dismukes has a toughness our line has lacked for a long time.

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which is why, at center, if the Rams don't grab Erving early, I think they could be better off with a late pick on Mason or Garcia instead of the Dismukes, Grassu, etc mid round guys personally.
With the Rams already having 3 candidates on the roster for center, they may not even pursue a center in this draft. It's not exactly a strong center draft.

I tend to agree with you there friend. I do not think they will grab Erving unless they trade down to about #20 in round 1. In that 3rd round spot you can grab a multitude of OT/OG prospects or FS/CB prospects. In fact, I am going to try and assemble a draft while skipping over the middle round Centers and see what I get

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So here is another interpretation of the draft if we skip the mid round centers and look for diamonds later in the draft. Again, traded twice in round 2. Went from 9 to 11 and got a 4th and a 5th and went from 11 to 19 and got a 3rd.

Your score is: 7250 (GRADE: A-)

Your Picks:

Round 1 Pick 10: Amari Cooper, WR, Alabama (A+)
Round 2 Pick 19 (HOU): Paul Dawson, OLB/ILB, TCU (B+)
Round 3 Pick 8: Jalen Collins, CB, LSU (A)
Round 3 Pick 18 (HOU): Derron Smith, FS, Fresno State (A)
Round 4 Pick 12 (CLE): Daryl Williams, OT, Oklahoma (A+)
Round 4 Pick 20: Josue Matias, OG, Florida State (B+)
Round 5 Pick 11 (CLE): Ben Koyack, TE, Notre Dame (A+)
Round 6 Pick 40 (COMP): Joey Mbu, DT, Houston (A)
Round 7 Pick 10: Shane McDermott, C, Miami (Fla.) (B-)

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You actually got a decent grade for a late round center! First-Pick always kills me for those it seems, lol.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is what I have so far in the 32-man SportsHoopla draft:

Round 1 - Marcus Mariota, QB Oregon
Round 2 - AJ Cann, OG South Carolina
Round 3 - Duke Johnson, RB Canes
Round 4 - Rob Havenstein, OT Wisconsin - "good feet, balance and good length" "can start at RT in NFL"

Looking at a TE in the 6th and then a Power SEC Center. Apparently it's become an all Offense type draft. :)