• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ongoing NHL thread - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh, still don't agree with the loser point, to me it should be 2 points for a win and nothing for a loss except if it's in a shootout.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh, still don't agree with the loser point, to me it should be 2 points for a win and nothing for a loss except if it's in a shootout.
Or just remove the shootout and make it a tie.

Duke of Douchington

Needle Mover
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But the problem (in terms of health of the franchise and the game) is those seats will be filled with people who couldn't get tickets to Penn and Teller or were given comp tickets because their lobster on the buffet was undercooked and they complained.

I've never understood why people view this as a problem. If those seats are actually filled, that's a good thing. Yes, you want sold tickets, but if you can't, hand them out. This isn't juniors where you need to squeeze every berry on the tree. People who go to Vegas have large disposable entertainment budgets. If you can get them in the arena, there's a good chance they'll drop $50 on some booze and mozzarella sticks. More than making up the $25 you comped that upper deck ticket.

Duke of Douchington

Needle Mover
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I still love the 3-2-1-0 system.

3 - Reg win.
2 - OT win
1 - Shootout win.
0 - loss.

Make each game and period matter more.

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With over a half century of hockey wisdumb I've accrued, I would like to propose a radical new idea.

After warm ups are done, the teams should play a normal 3 on 3 overtime and then go to a shootout if nobody scores. Once the festivities have concluded, send the teams to the locker room, resurface the ice, sing the anthems and get on with the first period. Play the normal 3 periods. If the regulation game ends in a tie, then the outcome from the previous played overtime and shootout would be in effect. This way if a team loses the overtime/shootout after warm ups, they know they had better play well in regulation. If a team knows they need two points and they lost in ot/shootout, you don't think they will play their asses of in the third period?

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With over a half century of hockey wisdumb I've accrued, I would like to propose a radical new idea.

After warm ups are done, the teams should play a normal 3 on 3 overtime and then go to a shootout if nobody scores. Once the festivities have concluded, send the teams to the locker room, resurface the ice, sing the anthems and get on with the first period. Play the normal 3 periods. If the regulation game ends in a tie, then the outcome from the previous played overtime and shootout would be in effect. This way if a team loses the overtime/shootout after warm ups, they know they had better play well in regulation. If a team knows they need two points and they lost in ot/shootout, you don't think they will play their asses of in the third period?

yes-awesome-oldschool.gif

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This might be of bad idea. When crap coach of terrible NHL has victory in fast shootout, then stupid trap becomes bad style hockey. This might be of ruining careers of elite Crosby but not Ovechkin. I will not say this idea is only crap but in worst NHL of all-time it is hardly way of making more scoring goals.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

that may be another tony gallagher idea :think:

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This might be of bad idea. When crap coach of terrible NHL has victory in fast shootout, then stupid trap becomes bad style hockey. This might be of ruining careers of elite Crosby but not Ovechkin. I will not say this idea is only crap but in worst NHL of all-time it is hardly way of making more scoring goals.
I'm sensing a theme here today.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or just remove the shootout and make it a tie.
Wasn't the issue with ties that the last 5-10 minutes of a game became pretty dull because everyone was good to go to OT and each get a point?

I feel like no matter what they do the coaches are gonna ruin it.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn't the issue with ties that the last 5-10 minutes of a game became pretty dull because everyone was good to go to OT and each get a point?

another Gallagher idea ... dont let coaches be at the benches

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Meh, I'm old school. I grew up with ties.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And stand-up goaltending is the only one mentioned that is not a rule change. The evolution of goaltending would have happened regardless of the rules, past or present. Just because I prefer some old-school rules doesn't mean I have to accept a different goaltending style. :)

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This Patrick Laine kid is pretty good.

Status
Not open for further replies.