• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ongoing NHL Thread - Part Brock and Roll Four Lines

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have to give Bettman credit though, he has done a fine job breaking the player's union multiple times in bringing in a hard cap and also bringing in billions in revenue for the league's owners.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Even at 50% retained, the Pans would have to offer another piece to take it. And who in the league that needs a starting goalie has the 5m space? And Bob has a full NMC until July of 2024. He can veto ANY trade. He specifically said he would stay in Columbus for 10m, but otherwise he wanted to be in Florida.

I hope he goes to Vegas.
And they don’t really have any “other pieces” left after going all in this season. They’re probably gonna have to cash in a player or two regardless so they might get some picks back but to get those just to move them for someone to take Bob’s carcass just doesn’t seem like a good idea.

But if I had to guess a team that might take a stab, NJ?

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have to give Bettman credit though, he has done a fine job breaking the player's union multiple times in bringing in a hard cap and also bringing in billions in revenue for the league's owners.
I used to think this but the NHL is the only North American League not to see an astronomical growth in revenues in the past 20 years. The NHL’s revenues used to be close to the NBA’s.

In real terms he’s a colossal failure.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I used to think this but the NHL is the only North American League not to see an astronomical growth in revenues in the past 20 years. The NHL’s revenues used to be close to the NBA’s.

In real terms he’s a colossal failure.

That's a good point BBB - I was looking at it more from where the NHL was when he became commish to where the league is now and it has been quite the rise. When you compare it to where the NBA is now though, not so much.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a good point BBB - I was looking at it more from where the NHL was when he became commish to where the league is now and it has been quite the rise. When you compare it to where the NBA is now though, not so much.
Which there's no arguing with either. The thought here is that it happened despite his leadership, not so much as a result of ie: you or I could've achieved the same result to date had we been in charge (my article: Why Dash & BBB should be the next co-commishes of the NHL, posted tomorrow on The Athletic).

When you compare him with, say, David Stern, there's just so much daylight between what they did for their respective leagues.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the salary cap should be abolished because teams are always looking for ways to circumvent it.

Change my mind.
Well, one of the key components to any rule is enforcement.

Otherwise
WT6Hk.gif

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Even at 50% retained, the Pans would have to offer another piece to take it. And who in the league that needs a starting goalie has the 5m space? And Bob has a full NMC until July of 2024. He can veto ANY trade. He specifically said he would stay in Columbus for 10m, but otherwise he wanted to be in Florida.

I hope he goes to Vegas.

I actually think Bob makes sense on the Devils, even at $5 they can probably make it work.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Abysmal Nad goes to the A

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait. Coachella is getting a team? That ain’t too far from me. Might have to check it out one weekend

I want to go there during the Indian Wells tennis tournament in March - It combines two of my favorite sports (hockey and tennis) and then it's just a short hop over to Vegas for NHL action.

wings-pens2166

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to go there during the Indian Wells tennis tournament in March - It combines two of my favorite sports (hockey and tennis) and then it's just a short hop over to Vegas for NHL action.
I once considered doing the IW triathlon in December until a friend said it was the coldest water he had ever been in. And this is a guy that has done the Alaskan IM and the Escape from Alcatraz Tri.

No thank you!