• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 Oscars Predictions and Thread.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best Picture - Maestro. I think one of the movies I haven't seen will win. If I had to vote my preference, I would do Past Lives.
Best Actress - Emma Stone, Poor Things
Best Actor - Jeffrey Wright, American Fiction
Supporting Actress - Danielle Brooks, The Color Purple
Supporting Actor - Robert DeNiro, Killer Of The Flower Moon
Best Director - Christopher Nolan, Oppenheimer

International Feature - Perfect Days, Japan
Animated Feature Film - The Boy And The Heron
Best Costume Design - Barbie
Makeup and Hairstyling - Poor Things

Best Sound - Mission: Impossible - Dead Reckoning Part One
Original Song - Wahzhazhe (A Song For My People), Killers Of The Flower Moon

Visual Effects - Godzilla Minus One

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have,nt seen any,but i think by reviews Oppenheimer wins the major categories.murphy,downey,and best pic at least.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's the list of all nominees in pretty much all the categories...

I'll make my picks for the major categories at some point by Sunday afternoon, or early evening.
What were your predictions?

I was unable to watch the Oscars yesterday. Hopefully I can watch, or start watching, today.

Kind of disappointed I couldn't watch yesterday. Because I love listening to sports talk radio, and I always like how the day after the Oscars, sports talk radio talks about the Oscars a bit. I'll have to avoid sports talk radio now until I'm done with the Oscars.

By sports talk radio, I mean a combination of that or sports podcasts.

On a side note, after watching the Grammys, and seeing how there were a lot of awards they didn't air live, I hope the Oscars are better.

I would rather have the focus be on awards and winners, and less about on stage performances.

Whether it's the Grammys or Oscars, even if it's a category I don't know much about, to me, this is the one time of the year to learn a little bit, and hear from the winners about their achievement. Sometimes that is interesting to me.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The reason why I thought Past Lives would not win, is because usually most winners for best picture either have great special effects, dramatic monologues, or dramatic plot twists. I am not sure what a comedy winner is like, since I haven't seen any of the past comedies that have won.

Past Lives is none of that. Structure was simple, and I don't think it had noticeable monologues. No special effects.

Doesn't mean a movie like this can't win, but I can't recall a reference like that that has won.

Even when a movie like Slumdog Millionaire won, I would say that that movie was a little more pronounced on the drama. Past Lives was "quieter" in its style.

But, Past Lives and TMNT: Mutant Mayhem might be my two favorite moves from last year.

I also liked "Perfect Days", but because I saw it in 2024, it's a 2024 movie to me. Even though I guess it was initially released last year.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What were your predictions?

I was unable to watch the Oscars yesterday. Hopefully I can watch, or start watching, today.

Kind of disappointed I couldn't watch yesterday. Because I love listening to sports talk radio, and I always like how the day after the Oscars, sports talk radio talks about the Oscars a bit. I'll have to avoid sports talk radio now until I'm done with the Oscars.

By sports talk radio, I mean a combination of that or sports podcasts.

On a side note, after watching the Grammys, and seeing how there were a lot of awards they didn't air live, I hope the Oscars are better.

I would rather have the focus be on awards and winners, and less about on stage performances.

Whether it's the Grammys or Oscars, even if it's a category I don't know much about, to me, this is the one time of the year to learn a little bit, and hear from the winners about their achievement. Sometimes that is interesting to me.
Yeah...my bad.
I got tied up doing other stuff, played some tennis, and then running a bunch of errands etc....and pretty much forgot, and by the time I got home and remembered, the oscars were already more than half over....so I didn't bother.

But looking back at who & what won....I would've been wrong on most of my choices.....LOL

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah...my bad.
I got tied up doing other stuff, played some tennis, and then running a bunch of errands etc....and pretty much forgot, and by the time I got home and remembered, the oscars were already more than half over....so I didn't bother.

But looking back at who & what won....I would've been wrong on most of my choices.....LOL
I,m as good on predictions as I am picking NFL games.pure shit is being nice.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I,m as good on predictions as I am picking NFL games.pure shit is being nice.
I'm not that good either, but I just do it for fun.

I was surprised Poor Things won more than I thought it would. When I picked that movie for a few things, I didn't think it would win too strongly, but just picked it anyways.

Also, Robert DeNiro in About My Father doesn't look the same as he does in Killers Of The Flower Moon. Maybe that was a good job by the makeup and styling in Killers Of The Flower Moon, because I didn't even think of him when I saw that.

I didn't realize I had seen two Robert DeNiro movies in theaters within nine months.

I liked how they had five former winners, introduce the nominees, for a few categories. That was a good production change.

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not that good either, but I just do it for fun.

I was surprised Poor Things won more than I thought it would. When I picked that movie for a few things, I didn't think it would win too strongly, but just picked it anyways.

Also, Robert DeNiro in About My Father doesn't look the same as he does in Killers Of The Flower Moon. Maybe that was a good job by the makeup and styling in Killers Of The Flower Moon, because I didn't even think of him when I saw that.

I didn't realize I had seen two Robert DeNiro movies in theaters within nine months.

I liked how they had five former winners, introduce the nominees, for a few categories. That was a good production change.
besides Goodfellas,deniro was remarkable as Travis in taxi driver.should have got at least nominated for it.val kilmer was equally a good as Jim Morrison and doc holiday but not nominated.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
besides Goodfellas,deniro was remarkable as Travis in taxi driver.should have got at least nominated for it.val kilmer was equally a good as Jim Morrison and doc holiday but not nominated.

I didn't realize DeNiro didn't get nominated for Taxi Driver. Wow.

It's one of those movies I would rewatch, because I don't know it as well.

I have not seen The Doors or Tombstone. I did see Willow, which Kilmer's in, but didn't know he was in it when I saw it.