• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: On to Cleveland, June 9-11

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt most of the fans you scorn so much were only watching because of the hype. There's hype every off season. I don't know many people up here that don't give them a chance. This town wants to erupt and pack the safe.

You can't blame the fans for getting tired of the same old same old and finding things to do with those few precious sunny months when sitting inside or going to the park to watch baseball his tantamount to banging your head against a brick wall. The shitty front office has a lot to do with it. One bad GM after another has a lot to do with it. How many managers have we had since Lou? It's one disappointing season after another.

Fans showed last year that you don't have to win it all to get them back, hell they didn't even reach the playoffs and yet attendance and support was well up. They are desperate to have something to root for.

And yes NW, nothing compares to the '95 season. Coming from 11 back and having so many things go right made for one exciting end of summer. Problem is those under what? 30? probably don't remember it. It isn't a part of their personal history.

This team was only ever successful with Lou at the helm. Before him I remember fans wearing masks and bags at games while they laughed at the san diego chicken and his antics because a) the team couldn't even come up with it's own mascot and b) the chicken was more entertainment than the baseball being played. We would walk up to the ticket office an hour before the game and get seats right on top of first base. Lou comes in and it didn't take long before you couldn't get tickets at the box office on game day anymore.
Damn dude, every response to Cezero is a dig on your end. You gonna be alright Wiz?

Update: Nevermind, just caught up on the thread. You guy's are at it, I'm staying out, non of my business. Go Day Off!!! WhooHooo!

Last edited:

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol seahawks 3

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really wondering when the last of the bandwagoners who bought into this season's hype after the anomalous season last year will finally jump ship.

For the record, I'd love Seattle to be a baseball town again. I love the Seahawks, but we used to have something special here with fans equally passionate about baseball. I miss it.

It's kind of funny, I almost think I'm attracted to losing teams.

I feel like I was way more into the Seahawks back when they sucked and prior to the Superbowl season.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's kind of funny, I almost think I'm attracted to losing teams.

I feel like I was way more into the Seahawks back when they sucked and prior to the Superbowl season.
suffering through losing teams year in and out: it's our lot in life up here.

i was ecstatic to see the seahawks bring home the first world championship in any sports i've ever seen for seattle.

i'm a much bigger baseball fan, though, and i really hope that i someday get to experience it for seattle baseball. if it happens under nintendo, it will be in spite of them, not because of them.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In terms of bandwagoning, no matter how much hype the Mariners had this offseason, they wouldn't be bandwagoned that hard.

Take the Seahawks for example, I feel like the people who were not football fans and suddenly became "die hard Seahawk fans" didn't start to come out until halfway through the Superbowl year, despite a very successful year the year before.

It would take a playoff series win or two, followed by dominance the next year for the Mariners to really have the bandwagon effect the Seahawks did. That's probably what it would take for Seattle to become a "baseball town" again.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
suffering through losing teams year in and out: it's our lot in life up here.

i was ecstatic to see the seahawks bring home the first world championship in any sports i've ever seen for seattle.

i'm a much bigger baseball fan, though, and i really hope that i someday get to experience it for seattle baseball. if it happens under nintendo, it will be in spite of them, not because of them.

I've always been a bigger football fan, but now that the Seahawks won the SB, I'm still passionate for the team, but not as much as I was before. For some weird reason, in terms of emotional investment, I'd say 2007 was my biggest for the Seahawks.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn dude, every response to Cezero is a dig on your end. You gonna be alright Wiz?

Update: Nevermind, just caught up on the thread. You guy's are at it, I'm staying out, non of my business. Go Day Off!!! WhooHooo!
He almost got you did he? He's only pretending to not want my responses. He might say he wishes he could put me on ignore, but if that were true he wouldn't keep taking pot shots at me knowing I'll respond.

My guess is he misses some of the spats from ESPN. Or it's a way to take out frustrations from this yet again shitty team.

Either way I'm here to oblige.

:suds:

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Take the Seahawks for example, I feel like the people who were not football fans and suddenly became "die hard Seahawk fans" didn't start to come out until halfway through the Superbowl year, despite a very successful year the year before.
I've always followed the Seahawks, but not because I'm a huge football fan. I've watched just above every game I could since I was about 12. I just wish my dad could've seen them finally win. He was the big NFL fan.

I'm a big fan of the game of baseball, but it all started with the early 90s Mariners.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I pretty much started picking my lifetime teams all in '77.

Blazers 76-77 season (world champs)

Mariners 77 (actually Reds of 76 were my first favorite team because I hated Dodgers and Yanks and those 3 teams were always on national tv and M's were barely on local tv)

Seahawks 77 (dad bought 3 season tickets and brother bought 2 that year. We gave the 3 up when my dad died in '88, but brother still has his...4 now)

I was born into it and have seen my teams in 6 total championship games/series winning 2 of them 37 years apart. Ironically I was called a 'sad fan' today on a Blazers site because I say Aldridge will never win them a championship. Like the guy, but not a guy that can do it. SMH

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've always been a bigger football fan, but now that the Seahawks won the SB, I'm still passionate for the team, but not as much as I was before. For some weird reason, in terms of emotional investment, I'd say 2007 was my biggest for the Seahawks.
I've never cared about so-called bandwagon football fans. I don't blame those that have gone away from following the dawgs closely for example. I wore my purple and gold and went to every damn game of that ill-fated 0-12 season. But I don't hold anyone else to my level of obsession. There were a lot more UW fans in the early 90's and there sure are a whole lot of gear wearing fans that only discovered the Hawks over the last 3 years.

Welcome to them all.

I'm clearly more of a football fan overall than anything else and it's not even close, but I was a huge baseball fan as a kid. I had baseball cards and watched MLB before the Mariners came to town and I spent my childhood going to no less than a game a month for 12-13 years or so. The losing really didn't bother me that much as a kid. It was major league baseball and it was quality time with my mom at the ballpark.

So I can't really explain why I just can't handle the losing year after year now except maybe to say once you've had the taste for winning it's much tougher to handle all the losing. Well that, and unlike football once you reach a certain point of losing in baseball there really seems very little to play for. Even the last game of the 0-12 '08 Huskies were playing a rivalry game and were playing to NOT be shut out for an entire season. Lame, but it's something.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[QUOTE="seahawksfan234, post: 6736199, member: 4291"]It's kind of funny, I almost think I'm attracted to losing teams.

I feel like I was way more into the Seahawks back when they sucked and prior to the Superbowl season.[/QUOTE]

Obviously, you're a Dawg fan :lol:

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More revisionist history - :L

First of all, there is also a difference between a bandwagoner and a disenfranchised fan. There are also more casual fans somewhere in the middle. It's not all hard core, die-hard fans or you are a bandwagon fan.

Second, no one threatened you with being banned, nor did mods gang up on you.

Third, no one said you have to directly compare Smoak and Seager. You love to change facts to meet your narrative.

If people talking about things that you believe they have no clue about bothers you, I'd suggest open public forums are probably not the best place to be. There is a diversity of visitors to this site and they all deserve to have a place they can chat, whether the content is 'obvious' and not worthy of noting or not.

Bingo, Nothing wrong with showing your displeasure with the franchise by NOT showing up or tuning in. There are a million ways people can spend their entertainment dollar....and quite frankly this teams not all that entertaining.......

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From the B.S. Department:

MLB Network Radio ‏@MLBNetworkRadio 58m58 minutes ago

McClendon said he see signs of the #Mariners offense coming alive "at-bats are getting better, I see a lot of signs we're coming out of it"

McClendon: Cano's problems have been "mechanical" "it's been more timing than anything, we think we got him back to where he needs to be"

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

"at-bats are getting better, I see a lot of signs we're coming out of it"
Signs he got from his trusted magic-8 ball, and Petey the Sock Puppet, who is his greatest confidante after tough losses.

Screen-shot-2012-09-03-at-10.51.151.png

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

MLB Network Radio ‏@MLBNetworkRadio 58m58 minutes ago

McClendon said he see signs of the #Mariners offense coming alive "at-bats are getting better, I see a lot of signs we're coming out of it"

McClendon: Cano's problems have been "mechanical" "it's been more timing than anything, we think we got him back to where he needs to be"

And that's based on what. 14 Ks and 0 walks in the last game. We are about to set an AL record for most consecutive games with 3 runs or less. Even lineups that had Milton Bradley and Adam Kennedy in the middle of the order weren't this bad.

Msfann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"McClendon: Cano's problems have been "mechanical" "it's been more timing than anything, we think we got him back to where he needs to be"

You don't say something like that until he actually starts to hit again. If Cano doesn't start to hit now Lloyd just made himself look even more like a tool. Not very smart.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"McClendon: Cano's problems have been "mechanical" "it's been more timing than anything, we think we got him back to where he needs to be"

You don't say something like that until he actually starts to hit again. If Cano doesn't start to hit now Lloyd just made himself look even more like a tool. Not very smart.

exactly

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CHFJid5W8AABA70.png

EVille3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
since the trumbo trade would be it be too much to ask to have a line up of:
jackson
smith
cano
cruz
seager
trumbo
morrison
zunino
miller

I know Morrison it the most consistent right now, but at least having him lower makes the bottom third of the line up a little for formidable