• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: On to Cleveland, June 9-11

AceKeptic

Free Agent from Elsewhere
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No Felix in this stretch, so my basic view of this:

GET SWEPT

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
kluber with at least 10 k's

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and we bat .19 lower on the road.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My point is, who gives a shit... I'm sick of investing my time into this team...

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"No Felix in this stretch, so my basic view of this:
GET SWEPT"

"kluber with at least 10 k's"

"and we bat .19 lower on the road."

"My point is, who gives a shit... I'm sick of investing my time into this team..."

I'm guessing this isn't the silver lining thread?

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Introduced my 10-year-old daughter to trout fishing last Saturday. She caught three rainbows and a couple bluegills. Seeing the look on her face was priceless when she was reeling them in.

Sunday evening the wife, kids and I all went to see the movie 'San Andreas'. For the record, there is no way in hell an earthquake on the San Andreas faultline is going to be felt on the East Coast. Geologically impossible so I've been told. But, the movie was still entertaining. Way more entertaining than the Mariners. Fuck those guys and their anemic bats.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Viewership will be way down for this series no doubt.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Viewership will be way down for this series no doubt.

Ill probably tune in to see how many ks we have along with the goose egg or 1 run up on the board. Those are my honest expectations

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really wondering when the last of the bandwagoners who bought into this season's hype after the anomalous season last year will finally jump ship.

For the record, I'd love Seattle to be a baseball town again. I love the Seahawks, but we used to have something special here with fans equally passionate about baseball. I miss it.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I written this in the past, but there was nothing like the '95 season. Not even 2001 matched baseball in Seattle in '95. We had the ugliest stadium, a few stars but a lot of scratch it out type players, and a lot of gamers who actually seem to like playing over being paid. I miss those days.

Fun fact: Of the starting 9, not one player had a OBP of less than .300. Sojo, Blowers, Coleman tied for the lowest OBP at .335. Today's team has 1 starter higher than 1995's lowest and that is Cruz at .384.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really wondering when the last of the bandwagoners who bought into this season's hype after the anomalous season last year will finally jump ship.

For the record, I'd love Seattle to be a baseball town again. I love the Seahawks, but we used to have something special here with fans equally passionate about baseball. I miss it.
I doubt most of the fans you scorn so much were only watching because of the hype. There's hype every off season. I don't know many people up here that don't give them a chance. This town wants to erupt and pack the safe.

You can't blame the fans for getting tired of the same old same old and finding things to do with those few precious sunny months when sitting inside or going to the park to watch baseball his tantamount to banging your head against a brick wall. The shitty front office has a lot to do with it. One bad GM after another has a lot to do with it. How many managers have we had since Lou? It's one disappointing season after another.

Fans showed last year that you don't have to win it all to get them back, hell they didn't even reach the playoffs and yet attendance and support was well up. They are desperate to have something to root for.

And yes NW, nothing compares to the '95 season. Coming from 11 back and having so many things go right made for one exciting end of summer. Problem is those under what? 30? probably don't remember it. It isn't a part of their personal history.

This team was only ever successful with Lou at the helm. Before him I remember fans wearing masks and bags at games while they laughed at the san diego chicken and his antics because a) the team couldn't even come up with it's own mascot and b) the chicken was more entertainment than the baseball being played. We would walk up to the ticket office an hour before the game and get seats right on top of first base. Lou comes in and it didn't take long before you couldn't get tickets at the box office on game day anymore.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I written this in the past, but there was nothing like the '95 season. Not even 2001 matched baseball in Seattle in '95. We had the ugliest stadium, a few stars but a lot of scratch it out type players, and a lot of gamers who actually seem to like playing over being paid. I miss those days.

Fun fact: Of the starting 9, not one player had a OBP of less than .300. Sojo, Blowers, Coleman tied for the lowest OBP at .335. Today's team has 1 starter higher than 1995's lowest and that is Cruz at .384.

That is a mind blowing stat.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

it was a great time to be a baseball fan in seattle.

i was gone not long after that in the marine corps from 97-01. followed the team as well as i could, but i was in nc, and it was before streaming and stuff like that, so it was tough.

getting back home just in time for the baseball season to start in 01 was amazing, and then what the m's did that year made it almost feel like the early-mid 90s again.

and yes, those stats are crazy.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You throw the word, bandwagoner like it's going out of style. What is your definition of one?

I've been diehard since '85...

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You throw the word, bandwagoner like it's going out of style. What is your definition of one?

I've been diehard since '85...
i think today was the first time i've used it in awhile.

people who are make it very clear very quickly.

there's a difference between a new fan and a bandwagoner. we're all noobs at some point. i didn't grow up playing baseball and didn't get into it until the early 90s. i didn't know jack shit, and to this day still have to rely on people who know the ins and outs of the system better than i do.

the only people who really bother me are the ones who talk endlessly about that which they do not know. there was some dude last year who got on me for saying negative things about justin fucking smoak in the first month of the season unless i was equally skeptical of kyle seager's cold start. idiocy like that was ubiquitous on espn. it's much, much better here.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More revisionist history - :L

First of all, there is also a difference between a bandwagoner and a disenfranchised fan. There are also more casual fans somewhere in the middle. It's not all hard core, die-hard fans or you are a bandwagon fan.

Second, no one threatened you with being banned, nor did mods gang up on you.

Third, no one said you have to directly compare Smoak and Seager. You love to change facts to meet your narrative.

If people talking about things that you believe they have no clue about bothers you, I'd suggest open public forums are probably not the best place to be. There is a diversity of visitors to this site and they all deserve to have a place they can chat, whether the content is 'obvious' and not worthy of noting or not.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
anyway, one way or another, the m's are going to find a way to surprise us in this next series.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just as I suspected, more pompous rhetoric and nothing to back it up.

To be crystal clear AGAIN - There is NO THREAT of a ban at all, and never has been. Saying I'm going to call you out for being a jackass when you are one isn't anything close to saying you are going to be tossed out.

Maybe I don't like your condescending bullshit, but people aren't here to please me and I've never claimed they should. You are free to disagree all you want and voice your opinions as you see fit. I'm just also free to call you to task and say maybe you might provide a link to things you accuse others of.

NWinAZ? Nope, didn't threaten him either and there isn't anything he's said or done that has him on the border of being banned.

I will say it's funny that two months ago you apologized for last years run in after you reread it and now have entirely misclassified it again and are using it as justification to hate non hard core fans.

Instead of taking drive by shots and putting things on your sig line to continually push things, why not just try being a decent normal poster and have a normal conversation? I'm not going away so attacking me with these little hits here and there is only standing to make me stay longer. You are ensuring I don't leave this board over the summer.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Art Thiel ‏@Art_Thiel 20m20 minutes ago

No team in #MLB history has gone 13 games in row scoring 3 runs or less. #Mariners at 12, face Kluber Tuesday. http://sportspressnw.com/2204394/2015/mariners-on-precipice-of-dubious-offensive-history…

and this little gem

Steve Sandmeyer ‏@SteveSandmeyer 30m30 minutes ago

Per @ryanfagan -- no team has finished worse than 58% in SB attempts the last 5 seasons. Today, the Mariners sit at 23 SB, 23 CS. Barf.
prepare to see history made

for once, i agree with sandmeyer. barf.