• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OMT: The Masters 2024

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL
So if someone else had brought it up, it would have been more true?

200w.gif

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm on the opposite side of you.

You do realize that the Saudis could similarly fuck up every other sport. Imagine a Saudi MLB, NHL, NFL league that whisked away all of the top players.

What makes you cheer for them? If the powers that be resisted them in any other sport would you also call them arrogant?

I don't blame the guys for taking the money but they just don't matter anymore except for 4 weeks out of the year.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not so far in this thread, but in other threads he constantly vents and feeds his hate for Trump.

When I discuss someone's posting history I am not limited to one thread.
Sorry if that upsets you.

So then that would make you the one who mentioned him here deflecting to politics.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought that I'd miss some of them, but the more time that goes by the less they matter.

The ratings say otherwise

I think they get a deal done this summer

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gary & Tom looked good... especially Gary for his age.. 88, but he always was a health & fitness fanatic. Nicklaus is not aging particularly well though.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok. I don't care. I'm not mad at nor dislike any of them. I just don't miss them. :noidea:

As stated above, I blame them for ruining professional golf. It's not what it once was and it's never going to be at that level again unless there's a forced merger....which will still suck ass.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont cheer for the Saudis

Um, actually, yes you do:

just to stick it in the face of the arrogant PGA.

The question is, why do you deny it? What makes you reticent to do so? Is it your deeper understanding that cheering for the Saudis is distasteful?

I find it really disengenuous to hate the players for doing business with the Saudis.

Hate is a loaded word. John Rham never fucked my wife or stole money from me. As a fan I dislike him. His decision to participate in destroying the golf tour I've watched for decades is the reason.

every person in America does business with the Saudis when they put gasoline in their car.

I need gasoline. You can claim something stupid like I should ride a bicycle or something but I have no choice. If I could purchase gas from an American refinery I would. This is a weak whataboutism.

Its all this propaganda from the PGA about human rights and blah blah blah.

More dismissal. "Propaganda" and "blah blah blah" lets you off the hook. In reality the Saudis really are deplorable. They do really nasty shit.

The PGA showed me they are only worried about their influence in the game and their profitability when they made the June deal with the Saudis themselves

Their hand has been forced because the alternative is to lose the sport entirely. You never addressed my hypothetical about other sports. How would the same scenario play out if the Saudis created other leagues and threw big cash around to lure away all of our great players? They would similarly destroy those leagues.

Look, nobody's lily white here. There are less than stoic entities tied to all sorts of sports organizations including the PGA tour but the difference is that LIV is the sole construct of the Saudis. If they pulled out tomorrow, their tour would fold.

Norman, Mickleson, Koepka, Johnson....etc were already fabulously wealthy. Already fabulously wealthy and playing for cherished historical trophies. Because they feel the need to be greater than fabulously wealthy, and they want to play 54 holes in shorts, they'll take down the tour that made them that way. Now those trophies begin to tarnish because the fields are weaker.

I got a chuckle this week when Rham suggested that LIV should play 72 holes. Lol! Do he realize that LIV actually means 54?

Less work, more money, weak fields and you're cheering it.

It would be like if the Saudis bought 40 of the top NFL players to go around the rest of the world playing exhibition football games against each other. I'll stick with the NFL minus those 40 great players thanks.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be like if the Saudis bought 40 of the top NFL players to go around the rest of the world playing exhibition football games against each other. I'll stick with the NFL minus those 40 great players thanks.

Sure, but it would be a lesser thing.

...as is the PGA Tour golf currently.

First timers and amateurs are fun for a while but there's a reason why those guys are winning.

....nice to see Rham not starting strong. FUCK HIM! Lol!

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm on the opposite side of you.

You do realize that the Saudis could similarly fuck up every other sport. Imagine a Saudi MLB, NHL, NFL league that whisked away all of the top players.

What makes you cheer for them? If the powers that be resisted them in any other sport would you also call them arrogant?
Agree. I mean LIV tourneys are fun to watch, the format, etc., but not a substitute for the real thing (PGA) which has been many years in the making. The Masters is a great example of what golf is really about.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Brightboat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has anyone noticed that they turn the shot tracker off for the LIV guys when they hit. Its gotta be something contractual with the PGA because they can't possibly be that petty

Brightboat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree. I mean LIV tourneys are fun to watch, the format, etc., but not a substitute for the real thing (PGA) which has been many years in the making. The Masters is a great example of what golf is really about.
Ive been to events for both the LIV and the PGA and both are fun but I have to say the PGA does a far better job of making the fan experience better. They've got it down. The LIV guys don't yet. There is a lot of play you can't see because of roped off areas and things like that at the LIV events.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice! Almost as good as the old "I know you are but what am I" comeback. Well done!

The first post of yours that I responded to seemed to be from a certain, well stated perception/POV. I challenged that; it's what happens in sports forums. I took the time to ask you specific questions and invitations to clarify what you said and you chose to dismissively scoff at all of it.

So filled with absurdity, I wouldn't even know where to start to refute

This is untrue. You could simply respond to the straight-forward statements I asked of you. So before you toss around accusations of childish retorts, read your own shit.

Brightboat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The first post of yours that I responded to seemed to be from a certain, well stated perception/POV. I challenged that; it's what happens in sports forums. I took the time to ask you specific questions and invitations to clarify what you said and you chose to dismissively scoff at all of it.

This is untrue. You could simply respond to the straight-forward statements I asked of you. So before you toss around accusations of childish retorts, read your own shit.
They were ludicrous PGA talking points that I am so sick of hearing