• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OL Coach on Kelce

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
About a week ago, Jonny Page of BGN took a look at all of Carson Wentz's fumbles in 2016. Five of them came via bad shotgun snaps by Jason Kelce. Luckily for the Eagles, Wentz was able to bail out Kelce on all five occasions.

OL coach Jeff Stoutland acknowledged that the bad snaps were an issue in an interview a few weeks a ago.

"I think he’s improved with that during the spring. I really mean that. I think he’s been much more accurate. I think sometimes… Have you ever snapped the ball? (Reporter – me, actually – “Nope.”)

"We take it for granted, but when you have the ball in your hand and the defense is crowding the ball as much as they can, everybody else on the line can move back and legally get to the belt buckle of the center, creating a neutral zone. The center does not have that. So for him to be able to block a man who’s crowding the ball and is probably offsides most of the time, snap the ball, and then block him efficiently, that’s a hard job. You better have somebody who has quick feet and they’re explosive.

"I think that sometimes he tries to get there so fast, but you have to take care of the ball first. So there are so many things involved with that. But that’s a hard job."

I think outside observers take shotgun snaps for granted because most centers don't struggle with them.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seumalo should start. Please trade KelcThe OL S/B - PETERS-WARMACK-SEAMALO-BROOKS-JOHNSON.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I worry the Eagles are overvaluing the experience of Kelce in making line calls and stunting the growth of Seumalo, who should be starting this year and learning as he does. I hope he at least starts at LG and picks up the needed knowledge of line calls etc on the way.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he's slowing down and that's why he's speeding up his snap then those fumbles are going to continue.