• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Oklahoma 6A playoffs

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My kids go to Mustang so I'm rooting for the Bronco's. They play Union Saturday in Tulsa while I'm at the OU game. Rooting for Owasso on the other sided of the bracket because I'm tired of Jenks and Unions winning the title every year the last 20 years.

Phantom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me know if any of those players are super stars and want to come to Texas. I'll make sure our recruiting staff follows up with them. Thanks. :lol:

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My kids go to Mustang so I'm rooting for the Bronco's. They play Union Saturday in Tulsa while I'm at the OU game. Rooting for Owasso on the other sided of the bracket because I'm tired of Jenks and Unions winning the title every year the last 20 years.

And its Union and Jenks, fucking again.

:L

I graduated high school back in the 90s and it was Jenks and Union back then too.

Wheat

High Plains Drifter...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
in my day it was Booker T Washington....they had some hellacious players back then.

Otis B. Driftwood

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My grandson (sophomore) plays for a 3-A school here just south of Lake Texoma (S&S Consolidated). Going into the third round this week against a district rival (Gunter).

Man - I do love high school football... these kids are having a blast!

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah Mustang didn't even get off the bus it seems! What an ass whopping. 20 straight years of Union and Jenks. It would be cool if the Oklahoma 6A champ played the texas state champ. Maybe Jenks or Union might get a half way good game.

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My daughter cheers for SS.

We lost to Bixby last week...I think 6A-II champ game is Bixby vs Booker T?

sooner78wakeboard

Sooner Born, Sooner Bred
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was talking to a friend last night. IMO...yeah Jenks and Union are the head honcho's but it will be a Mustang or Yukon that takes out the east side of the state programs.

As OKC is growing, people are moving out to the suburbs. Yukon, Mustang, Moore, Norman. Moore and Norman have made mutilple high schools. Westmoore, Southmoore, Moore, Norman, Norman North...ect. But Mustang and Yukon each have only one large high school. So as long as they have only one, eventually the population is going to build up to bring in the athletes that can compete with Jenks and Union. I saw Yukon's new High School and wow, it looks like a College Campus, let alone the new stadium.

Like I said, this is all IMO. I think we will see a bit change in being more competitive within the next seven years or so.

SoonerAlum

Oklahoman By Choice
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jenks - Union

When Moore decided to build Southmoore, the fanbase wanted to close Moore High School, reopen it as a consolidated 9th grade center and move the high schoolers to Westmoore and Southmoore. The district refused to play along. To add to the Moore problems, the district had a waiver system in place where any student could transfer into Southmoore but this was the last year for that, too. Moore will be mediocre for a long time to come.

SoonerAlum

Oklahoman By Choice
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did anyone see what happened with Douglass - Locust Grove? Douglass scored with about a minute left, is flagged for sideline warning and the TD is taken away. The penalty should have been assessed on the PAT or the ensuing kickoff. Switzer is, very loudly, asking the state to either replay the final minute of the game or overturn the result. According to the radio guys, there was no actual penalty against Douglass as no one was on the field, the ref saw the ball boy running down the sideline and decided they were celebrating.

So now Douglass is out of the 4A playoffs and angry, Locust Grove says no to replaying the last minute of the game and people are a bit upset.

sooner78wakeboard

Sooner Born, Sooner Bred
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did anyone see what happened with Douglass - Locust Grove? Douglass scored with about a minute left, is flagged for sideline warning and the TD is taken away. The penalty should have been assessed on the PAT or the ensuing kickoff. Switzer is, very loudly, asking the state to either replay the final minute of the game or overturn the result. According to the radio guys, there was no actual penalty against Douglass as no one was on the field, the ref saw the ball boy running down the sideline and decided they were celebrating.

So now Douglass is out of the 4A playoffs and angry, Locust Grove says no to replaying the last minute of the game and people are a bit upset.

Saw that...yeah, Douglas straight up got screwed. Yeah, they say...it was a mistake, let it go and just learn from it but I can't help but think Hellz No. I mean there was a minute left. That was a game winning touchdown, and it was to advance in the playoffs, it wasn't a regular season game.

It was Douglas's game.

SoonerAlum

Oklahoman By Choice
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm with you. If it were a regular season game, I'd probably say "suck it up, buttercup". But a playoff, game winning TD, bad penalty, absolutely horrible assessment of the penalty (not even close to what the rules call for)...how do you say to Douglas, "Sorry. Shit happens".

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So where did Northwest Classen finish??? :pound:

My poor alma mater was the shiznits back in the day with plenty of State Championships @ 4000 students going there.

Go Knights :yahoo:

sooner78wakeboard

Sooner Born, Sooner Bred
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So where did Northwest Classen finish??? :pound:

My poor alma mater was the shiznits back in the day with plenty of State Championships @ 4000 students going there.

Go Knights :yahoo:

Really? WOW

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah Mustang didn't even get off the bus it seems! What an ass whopping. 20 straight years of Union and Jenks. It would be cool if the Oklahoma 6A champ played the texas state champ. Maybe Jenks or Union might get a half way good game.

Union lost to Southlake Carroll this year and was curb stomped by Desoto last year, so you're right, maybe they need to play the Texas state champ for better competition.....although Jenks is pretty good as well

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jenks beat Union and seems to be the better program right now. It's a damn monopoly I tell you. I remember when Jenks played Springdale, Ar. when they had Mitch Mustain and Union has also played Hoover, Al. I like these kind of match ups.

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have one kid on Sand Springs that may garner attention. Seems all the good kids will transfer to Union or Jenks to get the added exposure.

One of my little brothers friends played ball with a kid in Owasso, after his sophmore year he "transferred" to Union. Apparently the kid's parents got new jobs and were able to move into Union's district. ;)

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have one kid on Sand Springs that may garner attention. Seems all the good kids will transfer to Union or Jenks to get the added exposure.

One of my little brothers friends played ball with a kid in Owasso, after his sophmore year he "transferred" to Union. Apparently the kid's parents got new jobs and were able to move into Union's district. ;)

This is business as usual at the powerhouse high schools in the suburbs of Texas (Southlake, Katy, Aledo, etc, etc). I think Southlake got busted trying to enroll a kid from Oklahoma a few years ago as a matter of fact.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jenks beat Union and seems to be the better program right now. It's a damn monopoly I tell you. I remember when Jenks played Springdale, Ar. when they had Mitch Mustain and Union has also played Hoover, Al. I like these kind of match ups.

Speaking of Arkansas, I remember a couple of years ago the #1 team in Arkansas came to play Trinity at JerryWorld. Final score was Trinity 83 Team from Arkansas (can't remember the name) 26. Yes, that was a football game, btw. I also remember watching Southlake Carroll play Evangel Christian from Louisiana, which is their powerhouse. Carroll was up 41-0..............in the 2nd quarter. Grant it, that Carroll team won like 3 state titles in a row and has 4 players from that team in the NFL. I wish one of these teams would schedule Hoover and beat the shit out of that team from Alabama.

Do they still play the Oil Bowl? That was always a fun game to watch. Texas all stars vs. Oklahoma All stars......

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes they still play the Oil Bowl at Witchita Falls in June. Pretty cool thing.