• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Okie, Okie light planting the seed

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Money matters,that is the point. Texas is one of the biggest generators of money in college sports. So nobody with a GED would look at Texas and simple dismiss them, because there is another player in that state. That makes sense for smaller schools. If a team like Texas or ND became a free agent every conference would love to add them. The question would be at what price, but nobody with any business sense would flatly reject them. It is even dumber when you consider that cable/broadcasting seems poised to head towards a la carte pricing

Already have the Texas market.

Already have a team to play in Texas for recruiting.

Meanwhile Texas has a bloated sense of importance that nobody wants to deal with.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm ready to see the four 16 team megaconferences that everyone has been predicting.

Droopdog51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two of the most difficult schools in the country to deal with coming to terms and making a super conference? Probably never happen but if it did you would certainly have something special.

Incidentally, I agree the LHN is an excuse for OU to break on out to the other side. But whatever it takes is fine with me. I'm sick of being in a conference with a couple of really good schools plus some pretty good schools and then a bunch of bottom feeders AFTER we lost elite schools. Shit. I wish it had never happened in the first place but we have to live with the reality of the situation. But whatever happens OU needs to play Texas every year and you should want the same thing for your own reasons.

Watch out. Those boys down in Austin get mighty pissy when you up and leave the conference.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oklahoma State is out of their minds.
I don't think they realize that the LHN keeps them viable as it blocks a Texas departure.

Conversely, I understand what Oklahoma is doing. The Sooners are smart.
Oklahoma needs the LHN gone.

The LHN is the only thing preventing Texas from leaving...OU wants to convince Texas to leave.
There is no way in hell the PAC-12 takes Oklahoma State.

There is no endgame for OSU without Texas being in either a LHN or Big 12 Network.
They should just hope things stay the same.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Meanwhile Texas has a bloated sense of importance that nobody wants to deal with.

LOL, like the SEC would ever turn down Texas.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL, like the SEC would ever turn down Texas.

If A&M wasn't in the SEC maybe.

Funny enough, in 1992 Texas almost joined the SEC, but the state jumped in and said Texas couldn't go without A&M. The SEC didn't want A&M so the deal feel apart. Now it's the other way around, except A&M is already in.

They don't want both. They took Arkansas and South Carolina over the 2 Texas teams.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If A&M wasn't in the SEC maybe.

Funny enough, in 1992 Texas almost joined the SEC, but the state jumped in and said Texas couldn't go without A&M. The SEC didn't want A&M so the deal feel apart. Now it's the other way around, except A&M is already in.

They don't want both. They took Arkansas and South Carolina over the 2 Texas teams.
yea, the SEC hates money, they want no part of Texas:trash:

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yea, the SEC hates money, they want no part of Texas:trash:

What money is Texas going to bring in? They already have the Texas market and there is no big bonus for other tier rights considering the money has to be split between teams.

The SEC already had a chance to take Texas, but had to bring in A&M as well and they turned that down in favor of Arkansas and South Carolina.

If Texas goes anywhere it will be to the Pac.

Cowboyinexile

I have spoken
Hoopla Cash
$ 52,518.49
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oklahoma State is out of their minds.
I don't think they realize that the LHN keeps them viable as it blocks a Texas departure.

Conversely, I understand what Oklahoma is doing. The Sooners are smart.
Oklahoma needs the LHN gone.

The LHN is the only thing preventing Texas from leaving...OU wants to convince Texas to leave.
There is no way in hell the PAC-12 takes Oklahoma State.

There is no endgame for OSU without Texas being in either a LHN or Big 12 Network.
They should just hope things stay the same.

Where do you see OKST going if the Big 12 dies?

The whole thing will end up with 4 16 team leagues, and its going to be either the Big 12 or ACC ripped apart.

There are 65-66 BCS caliber schools now so when the dust settles only a couple are going to be shut out. I get that we are the second school in a low population state but in the Big 12, aside from UT, OU, WVU, and Kansas, who do you really want? We are a bigger draw than KSU, ISU, and Tech in major sports and TCU and Baylor are small private schools (whose regulation to second tier status would benefit the blue bloods in recruiting). You get outside the conference and the ACC has schools like Wake, NCST, and Boston College. Yeah more tv subscribers in their area but if Wake Forest Boston College is on one channel and Oklahoma State TCU is on the other, which game are most casual fans watching?

LHN does more harm than good to the conference. Texas isn't leaving the conference-eventual conference realignment will keep them from going Indy and no one is giving them the latitude they get in the Big12 now. So our best option is to keep this dumpster fire going and steal Florida State and Miami or something pie in the sky like that.

But if the conference dies, either we go ACC or the Pac 12.holds its nose and us and Taco Tech join the hillbilly pod.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunately, OSU will have no new home.
The TV market and academics have little value.

The ACC has zero desire to go that far west...and certainly not for tiny Oklahoma markets as the 2nd choice team.

The Big 10 is too snobby academically regardless of market share.

The PAC-12 will take (Texas/Kansas) or (Texas/Texas Tech) if they have to do so as backup.
The PAC-12 is not going to play the state legislature game with OU/OSU shenanigans.

The SEC is unlikely to take Oklahoma State, and certainly would never ever take both Oklahoma schools.
There is about 5 better choices they could go after TV set wise on the east coast.

At best, Oklahoma State and the remaining teams can raid the AAC and CUSA to keep the Big 12 alive.

That is why the Pokes are crazy.
The Pokes benefit from the LHN more than Texas does in reality.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Awesome coming from a Bama fan. Check out the numbers, they are more compelling than your regurgitated opinions. Plenty of numbers back up my opinion on the value and money that Texas Inc can contribute.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What money is Texas going to bring in? They already have the Texas market and there is no big bonus for other tier rights considering the money has to be split between teams.

The SEC already had a chance to take Texas, but had to bring in A&M as well and they turned that down in favor of Arkansas and South Carolina.

If Texas goes anywhere it will be to the Pac.
This shows your ignorance. You have 0 understanding if you think being in a market is everything. Your logic implies Purdue=Notre Dame or Auburn=Bama.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where do you see OKST going if the Big 12 dies?

The whole thing will end up with 4 16 team leagues, and its going to be either the Big 12 or ACC ripped apart.

There are 65-66 BCS caliber schools now so when the dust settles only a couple are going to be shut out. I get that we are the second school in a low population state but in the Big 12, aside from UT, OU, WVU, and Kansas, who do you really want? We are a bigger draw than KSU, ISU, and Tech in major sports and TCU and Baylor are small private schools (whose regulation to second tier status would benefit the blue bloods in recruiting). You get outside the conference and the ACC has schools like Wake, NCST, and Boston College. Yeah more tv subscribers in their area but if Wake Forest Boston College is on one channel and Oklahoma State TCU is on the other, which game are most casual fans watching?

LHN does more harm than good to the conference. Texas isn't leaving the conference-eventual conference realignment will keep them from going Indy and no one is giving them the latitude they get in the Big12 now. So our best option is to keep this dumpster fire going and steal Florida State and Miami or something pie in the sky like that.

But if the conference dies, either we go ACC or the Pac 12.holds its nose and us and Taco Tech join the hillbilly pod.

Funny thing is that the LHN does more for the Big 12 than Texas. It is probably the only reason Texas is still in the Big 12

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Awesome coming from a Bama fan. Check out the numbers, they are more compelling than your regurgitated opinions. Plenty of numbers back up my opinion on the value and money that Texas Inc can contribute.

Cool, quote one.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This shows your ignorance. You have 0 understanding if you think being in a market is everything. Your logic implies Purdue=Notre Dame or Auburn=Bama.

The way the conference networks are structured in price, if the school is in the state then they pay the premium. If they aren't in the state, then they get the lower price.

As far as Tier1/2 rights go, since the revenue is split among the teams, then there isn't a significant amount that Texas has to offer.

All you've been able to do is reply "But Texas" to everything.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This just makes me laugh, because people put no thought into it. SEC has 2 teams in Alabama, but 2 in Texas is no good. Think about that for moment. One of the biggest draws in college football is out based on mindless rumor. Not to mention the fact that the SEC offered FSU back in the day. This is like the Big 10 saying they would not take ND, because they have the state of Indiana already wrapped up. Probably never happen, but anyone ruling out major players based on something used against Georgia Tech and Louisville just makes me laugh.

LOL

tejas is not one of the biggest draws in college football. If it were then espn wouldn't be losing it's ass on them.
LHN is not available on any cable tier here. A failure of epic proportions. With all that money and a recruiting hotbed, they couldn't even make a bowl game. You're players are dumber than a box of rocks.

The only thing tejas is the biggest at is Biggest Under-Achievers.

The SEC doesn't need the cancer that comes with Austin baby puke orange.

They've already got their foot in the recruiting door.

A SWC reunion is tejas only option.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Money matters,that is the point. Texas is one of the biggest generators of money in college sports. So nobody with a GED would look at Texas and simple dismiss them, because there is another player in that state. That makes sense for smaller schools. If a team like Texas or ND became a free agent every conference would love to add them. The question would be at what price, but nobody with any business sense would flatly reject them. It is even dumber when you consider that cable/broadcasting seems poised to head towards a la carte pricing

tejas is a money generator for tejas and only tejas. They benefit nobody else. Not even their network owner. That is their mindset and why they'll never fit anywhere else as a partner.

Their only hope is to reunite the SWC schools that went mid-major so tejas can stay in charge,