• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Okie, Okie light planting the seed

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
to make a move to the pac 12, in my opinion.

Oklahoma State's Mike Gundy warns Longhorn Network could move Texas to ... the SEC?

If this happens, I'm hoping the Texas 4 move to the ACC

The LHN is a thorn in the side of the Big 12. Texas does make money off of it (which any other school would be glad to make too if that was possible) but the long term friction caused by the LHN is toxic. Personally, I love it. Anything to blow this bitch up and make a move that helps OU. And no, you don't want the ACC. The Horns fans would hate traveling east to play those schools and it would also likely hurt you in recruiting Texas talent. Most Texas kids would prefer playing in the Southwest, Southeast, Mid-Continent or West Coast.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas will not come to the SEC. It has Texas A&M and that market is all tied up.

Oklahoma would be welcome, but not with Okie St.

Let the Pac12 have Texas. Better fit. Oklahoma is a better fit in the SEC as well.

Hook'Em0608

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 623.24
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas will not come to the SEC. It has Texas A&M and that market is all tied up.

Let the Pac12 have Texas. Better fit. Oklahoma is a better fit in the SEC as well.

4down20 has spoken. Might as well move along folks.

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The LHN is a thorn in the side of the Big 12. Texas does make money off of it (which any other school would be glad to make too if that was possible) but the long term friction caused by the LHN is toxic. Personally, I love it. Anything to blow this bitch up and make a move that helps OU. And no, you don't want the ACC. The Horns fans would hate traveling east to play those schools and it would also likely hurt you in recruiting Texas talent. Most Texas kids would prefer playing in the Southwest, Southeast, Mid-Continent or West Coast.

LHN is an excuse the okies are using to try their hand in the pac 12. Ironically the okie's tier 3 money would drop with the move, but as many have said they need to rub shoulders with better academic schools in hopes of rescuing their horrible financial situation. As for my ACC comment, I'm hoping the big ten and SEC raid the ACC, so Texas and Notre Dame can build a hybrid conference with them with whatever is left over from the ACC and big 12.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This just makes me laugh, because people put no thought into it. SEC has 2 teams in Alabama, but 2 in Texas is no good. Think about that for moment. One of the biggest draws in college football is out based on mindless rumor. Not to mention the fact that the SEC offered FSU back in the day. This is like the Big 10 saying they would not take ND, because they have the state of Indiana already wrapped up. Probably never happen, but anyone ruling out major players based on something used against Georgia Tech and Louisville just makes me laugh.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LHN is an excuse the okies are using to try their hand in the pac 12. Ironically the okie's tier 3 money would drop with the move, but as many have said they need to rub shoulders with better academic schools in hopes of rescuing their horrible financial situation. As for my ACC comment, I'm hoping the big ten and SEC raid the ACC, so Texas and Notre Dame can build a hybrid conference with them with whatever is left over from the ACC and big 12.

The whole thing is nonsense. I have said that comparing the potential of a Big 12 network to the Bog 10 and SEC is absolutely ridiculous. Notice they never mention the PAC or ACC. It like buying a moped and expecting it to perform like a ferrari.

Hook'Em0608

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 623.24
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bottom line, the conferences and schools will each do whatever it is that benefits them the most when it comes to realignment or staying put. Who knows what that will be in the future.

When it comes to making a conference work obviously there needs to be some give and take to succeed. Not so with realignment. Nobody owes anybody anything. It has to make sense for everybody.

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Two of the most difficult schools in the country to deal with coming to terms and making a super conference? Probably never happen but if it did you would certainly have something special.

Incidentally, I agree the LHN is an excuse for OU to break on out to the other side. But whatever it takes is fine with me. I'm sick of being in a conference with a couple of really good schools plus some pretty good schools and then a bunch of bottom feeders AFTER we lost elite schools. Shit. I wish it had never happened in the first place but we have to live with the reality of the situation. But whatever happens OU needs to play Texas every year and you should want the same thing for your own reasons.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two of the most difficult schools in the country to deal with coming to terms and making a super conference? Probably never happen but if it did you would certainly have something special.

Incidentally, I agree the LHN is an excuse for OU to break on out to the other side. But whatever it takes is fine with me. I'm sick of being in a conference with a couple of really good schools plus some pretty good schools and then a bunch of bottom feeders AFTER we lost elite schools. Shit. I wish it had never happened in the first place but we have to live with the reality of the situation. But whatever happens OU needs to play Texas every year and you should want the same thing for your own reasons.

Problem is not that the Big 12 lost elite schools, because outside of Nebraska that is clearly not the case. The issue is no real assets outside of OU and Texas. The Big 12 has the smallest population footprint of any conference and 70% of that base resides in 1 state. That makes it hard to be anything other than a regional conference, ironically that was the reason the Big 8 and SWC merged. What is left? Mostly small population schools. 20% is small private schools. Only Kansas, OU, Texas, and West Virginia are flagship schools in the state, so the others programs have limited upside. The sad fact is that right now the Big 12 product is outperforming its assets. Where are Baylor, TCU, or KSU without their current coaches? Imagine the Big 12 without Briles, Patterson, and Synder. That is a scary thought.

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Problem is not that the Big 12 lost elite schools, because outside of Nebraska that is clearly not the case. The issue is no real assets outside of OU and Texas. The Big 12 has the smallest population footprint of any conference and 70% of that base resides in 1 state. That makes it hard to be anything other than a regional conference, ironically that was the reason the Big 8 and SWC merged. What is left? Mostly small population schools. 20% is small private schools. Only Kansas, OU, Texas, and West Virginia are flagship schools in the state, so the others programs have limited upside. The sad fact is that right now the Big 12 product is outperforming its assets. Where are Baylor, TCU, or KSU without their current coaches? Imagine the Big 12 without Briles, Patterson, and Synder. That is a scary thought.

Good points. TCU, Baylor and Kansas State are never going to be good long term bets because of what you said: their coaches make those schools. I could name a dozen coaches that could win a butt load of games at either Texas or Oklahoma and those coaches would actually consider making a move to OU or UT.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This just makes me laugh, because people put no thought into it. SEC has 2 teams in Alabama, but 2 in Texas is no good. Think about that for moment. One of the biggest draws in college football is out based on mindless rumor. Not to mention the fact that the SEC offered FSU back in the day. This is like the Big 10 saying they would not take ND, because they have the state of Indiana already wrapped up. Probably never happen, but anyone ruling out major players based on something used against Georgia Tech and Louisville just makes me laugh.

Because Alabama and Auburn are founding members and was done years ago before TV markets mattered.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because Alabama and Auburn are founding members and was done years ago before TV markets mattered.
Now there is no way you see two Mississippi schools in the same conference either or Vandy for that matter. I don't think Texas wants anything to do with the SEC and they can make all the excuses in the world but it comes down to the fact that it would be a loser for them. The SEC would pillage their recruiting and beat the living crap out of them year in and year out.

Texas ain't man enough for the SEC.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Money matters,that is the point. Texas is one of the biggest generators of money in college sports. So nobody with a GED would look at Texas and simple dismiss them, because there is another player in that state. That makes sense for smaller schools. If a team like Texas or ND became a free agent every conference would love to add them. The question would be at what price, but nobody with any business sense would flatly reject them. It is even dumber when you consider that cable/broadcasting seems poised to head towards a la carte pricing

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now there is no way you see two Mississippi schools in the same conference either or Vandy for that matter. I don't think Texas wants anything to do with the SEC and they can make all the excuses in the world but it comes down to the fact that it would be a loser for them. The SEC would pillage their recruiting and beat the living crap out of them year in and year out.

Texas ain't man enough for the SEC.

You need to be more creative and subtle with your trolling or people will start to believe Spurrier and his comments on the Auburn library.

Phantom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still say if Texas goes anywhere, it will be the Pac 12. Football and money are very important, and they will get that in the Pac 12, but a card under the table that has nothing to do with football but is very important to Texas is that Texas has always wanted to be in a conference with higher academic standards.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You need to be more creative and subtle with your trolling or people will start to believe Spurrier and his comments on the Auburn library.
It's not trolling if it's true.