• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OKC Thread

Sackataters

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Burks really is having a solid night. Starters probably won't check back in.

Sackataters

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would you go after Maynor?

Sackataters

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lame game thread but a good win. Gotta work late tomorrow, so won't see the first half tomorrow. Go Jazz.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Foye gets racked trying to block the layup in transition. No magic spray will help there.

Ouch, can't tell if that was the abdomen or the jewels, either way, ouch. It ended up being good because he missed a free throw instead of getting the layup.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Williams 2 points!!! That blows. He is consistently ineffective. At least CJ would have a scorcher of a game from time to time. Marv plays a little D, but its time for him to demote. This guy has had a free pass all year.

Jamal with 6 assists, 4steals, only 1 turnover.

We should trade him to Siberia. Seriously though, I wonder who we could trade with. I doubt we would, though.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lame game thread but a good win. Gotta work late tomorrow, so won't see the first half tomorrow. Go Jazz.

I liked, thanks for making it. I can get a feel for what happened, if I don't see a game or if I have to "browse" through a game due to time constraints.

I always read comments for game threads to get a feel for what happened, and I especially like it during times when I can't post live.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I liked, thanks for making it. I can get a feel for what happened, if I don't see a game or if I have to "browse" through a game due to time constraints.

I always read comments for game threads to get a feel for what happened, and I especially like it during times when I can't post live.

Yeah, Sackataters, I enjoy your threads and will join in afterwards and live when I can. I go over to my parents for dinner all the time and then watch the game with them. I watch my daughter there, too, along with my wife watching her. Sitting on their computer in a game thread isn't available very often.

But please don't stop or go elsewhere. Hopefully we can bring more people over.

Sackataters

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, Sackataters, I enjoy your threads and will join in afterwards and live when I can. I go over to my parents for dinner all the time and then watch the game with them. I watch my daughter there, too, along with my wife watching her. Sitting on their computer in a game thread isn't available very often.

But please don't stop or go elsewhere. Hopefully we can bring more people over.

Watching games in my father in laws basement in Logan is one of my best memories.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching games in my father in laws basement in Logan is one of my best memories.

Did you watch them with him? If so, that's cool that you got along.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sometimes it's cool when a son and father get along. No in-law needed. ;) Oh, and I'm cool in that respect. We'll not me, the getting along... I'm a smooooooth poster.

Sackataters

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes. He has Mormon roots, so does not imbibe in any beer tomfoolery though. So, when I watch with him, I do so dry. When we visit, I respect them enough to only drink in the shower. They say damn, he sure takes loooong showers. Not only do I come out clean, i come out extremely happy.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes. He has Mormon roots, so does not imbibe in any beer tomfoolery though. So, when I watch with him, I do so dry. When we visit, I respect them enough to only drink in the shower. They say damn, he sure takes loooong showers. Not only do I come out clean, i come out extremely happy.

I hope you don't mind me asking, but if your father-in-law has Mormon roots, does that mean your wife does, too? If so, how do you handle that? Did you convert partially (officially, but not following all tenets)? If you converted, were you able to have your wedding at the Temple? Do you raise your kids one way or another? Did you have Mormon roots but have decided to drink anyway?

Some girl thought I liked her came to me without prompting telling me that I had to "join the club" to date her. Pretty forward and pretty inaccurate.

It turns out that for her birthday, I contributed some money for a gift with my friend. I gave more because I had more than my friend did and a third friend was supposed to pay me his part later. It turns out the other friend never came through and my friend that gave some told her it was from me. She connected the dots and assumed I was interested. The good news, I guess, is that she didn't come to reject me, but the bad news is I wasn't interested and didn't want to decide on religion in a pinch. It was ackward after that, because what was I supposed to do? Go to her and tell her, "no, I don't like you, you have cooties!"

Sackataters

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My father in law wears garments, but does not attend church. Something happened when my wife was a young girl. They stopped attending. As with most things Mormon, there is a shroud of secrecy over the why and what. Consequently, my wife stopped attending and does not truly identify as LDS. We respect the religion and the people. The inlaws know I drink some. But, I don't flaunt it. If we have dinner out, I don't order a beer. Mostly because I know it would make them uncomfortable. Though, it may do them good to see. Not everyone that has a beer is a dysfunctional drunk.

Sackataters

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since this is the OKC thread, watching the Thunder vs Het. Heat are victimizing them so far. I have grown to respect James. But, damn, as if the Heat were unlikeable before, they sign the bird man? Ick. I guess he must have been acquitted as a child **** man.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since this is the OKC thread, watching the Thunder vs Het. Heat are victimizing them so far. I have grown to respect James. But, damn, as if the Heat were unlikeable before, .

I missed the game (other than these last 4-5 minutes.

I didn't think the Heat were unlikable. They were more unlikable with Antione Walker.

These guys play good defense (especially their first year). The chemistry they've shown defensively shows good teamwork, especially the first two years.

I like watching their teamwork. They share the ball and tried to play good defense from day 1. During their 1st year, they were top 5 in FG% against in the paint, and all this without a traditional center.

It shows both how good their perimeter defense was, and how Bosh was able to use the good perimeter defense to cover the paint defense well enough.

I guess he must have been acquitted as a child **** man.

Andersen was never charged. My guess is that while the PC was in his house, he may not have been the one to put the child **** on there. Others might have used it, and they may have just taken him in for questioning to see who else used the PC.

When I was in HS, I was using the teacher's PC in chemistry, and I accidentally found a link to a website, midnightheat.com. We (we were looking something else up) clicked on it, and it went to a site that said "a gentleman's guide to the ladies of Las Vegas". As the screen was loading, the chem teacher was walking back to the PC. My lab partners just ran, while I stood there trying to close the browser window.

He saw what was on the screen and told us to stop using the PC. However, he later came up to me and asked if I understood that he wasn't the only one that used the PC. I nodded. (I'd seen the math teacher using the PC, and he seemed more the type anyways).

Also, when I read the description "a gentleman's guide to the ladies of Las Vegas", in my head, I had gotten the city confused with Los Angeles, so I was thinking 'I didn't know the ladies of Los Angeles had that kind of reputation'.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sackataters

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I missed the game (other than these last 4-5 minutes.

When I was in HS, I was using the teacher's PC in chemistry, and I accidentally found a link to a website, midnightheat.com. We (we were looking something else up) clicked on it, and it went to a site that said "a gentleman's guide to the ladies of Las Vegas". As the screen was loading, the chem teacher was walking back to the PC. My lab partners just ran, while I stood there trying to close the browser window.

He saw what was on the screen and told us to stop using the PC. However, he later came up to me and asked if I understood that he wasn't the only one that used the PC. I nodded. (I'd seen the math teacher using the PC, and he seemed more the type anyways).

Also, when I read the description "a gentleman's guide to the ladies of Las Vegas", in my head, I had gotten the city confused with Los Angeles, so I was thinking 'I didn't know the ladies of Los Angeles had that kind of reputation'.

Hahah, are you saying the math teacher was surfing **** on the class PC?

I graduated HS in 1994, before the Internet was accessible or mainstream. I stumbled upon **** the old fashioned way, VHS tapes when I was in 6th grade. I had a paper route in a college town. Made a delivery to a predominantly student apartment complex. In the lot, I saw an unmarked VHS tape. Picked it up and took it home. Rammed it in the old VCR and eureka. Some hairy MILF getting boned on a train. I was like, holy shit. My friends and I watched it and I remember saying, sex would be cool if it weren't for all that white shit flying around and getting sprayed about.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hahah, are you saying the math teacher was surfing **** on the class PC?

I graduated HS in 1994, before the Internet was accessible or mainstream. I stumbled upon **** the old fashioned way, VHS tapes when I was in 6th grade. I had a paper route in a college town. Made a delivery to a predominantly student apartment complex. In the lot, I saw an unmarked VHS tape. Picked it up and took it home. Rammed it in the old VCR and eureka. Some hairy MILF getting boned on a train. I was like, holy shit. My friends and I watched it and I remember saying, sex would be cool if it weren't for all that white shit flying around and getting sprayed about.

I remember walking in on my brother and there was a girl in roller skates, naked on the computer screen. My brother wasn't doing anything but watching. I was young enough that I knew what it was but not old enough to go searching for it myself.

It was the same time that I hid the Playboy that my friend gave me, my parents found it, and found my brother looking at that stuff. So, I'm sure he took the rap for my magazine. I had hid it outside of my room because I was paranoid that my mom while putting away the laundry or something, would find it. My room = me. Outside = who knows? I thought I hid it where no one would find it; I was wrong. I have seen Playboy since, I like the one I had. :( I can't remember which month or year it was and I'm not about to go do a research project.

I got curious but couldn't ever refind what he had. My sister used my computer once after that and I hadn't cleared the auto-fill on Google (didn't know how or that I could) and it popped up the suggestion of my search term "roller skate naked" or something. My sister said she was disappointed in me. I could have ratted out my brother but I didn't want her disappointed in both of us. I took one for the team, sort of a coincidental pay back for the magazine (since I'm only assuming that he got in trouble for it, my parents aren't into that but don't care that much). I have since learned how to clear my history but don't go looking for that stuff.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My father in law wears garments, but does not attend church. Something happened when my wife was a young girl. They stopped attending. As with most things Mormon, there is a shroud of secrecy over the why and what. Consequently, my wife stopped attending and does not truly identify as LDS. We respect the religion and the people. The inlaws know I drink some. But, I don't flaunt it. If we have dinner out, I don't order a beer. Mostly because I know it would make them uncomfortable. Though, it may do them good to see. Not everyone that has a beer is a dysfunctional drunk.

Thanks for sharing. I know religion can be a very private thing. The secrecy over the why and what has always been curious to me. I'm not Catholic, but as a comparison, I'm sure there are secret things about their practices. But their beliefs, besides the Pope search, seems open and that's why I think they are questioned - that and the boys thing.

The caffeine dispute has something to do with Joseph Smith's business dealings with a company, but they claim it to be related to the body being your temple. Mitt Romney was caught drinking Coca-Cola and there was a stir about that here in Utah. It led to BYU clarifying that it isn't caffeine but cold and hot drinks, though no one understands why hot chocolate is ok, which has both caffeine and is hot. And hot food, etc.

Then, the question arose that if caffeine is ok, then why no coke on BYU campus? They said they couldn't get a deal with the distributer... but they serve Sprite on campus. Coke and Sprite have the same distributor. I can't imagine coke turning down business. BYU - Just stick by your beliefs, it's ok.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Where do you store it when you visit?

Doesn't it get warm (room temperature)?

You give new meaning to the phrase "beer shower".