• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Okay, Confess

Urkie

The MVP...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Whoa, whoa, whoa there Urk.

That happened in Game 4, right? The Ducks already held a 2-1 series lead. The Ducks pretty much dominated game 1 and 2, despite the low scoring nature of both games. That game was tied 2-2 when Alfredsson made that boneheaded play.

He definitely shot the puck directly at Niedermayer. Karma's a bitch and maybe that's why an Ottawa team with Alfredsson is cursed.

But regardless, the Ducks were taking it to the Sens in that series and would have won the game and the series regardless of the play.

Exactly, it was 2-2 in game 4 when it happened. If the Sens take that game it's a new series. But Alfie's shot at Niedermayer fired the Ducks up and they took over.

I remember that game 4 well. The Sens absolutely dominated the first period and Alfie scored with 1 second to go in the first. Then the Ducks answered with an equally dominant second period but Heatley scored late in the period to tie the game. I don't know if Alfie was thinking it would fire his team up or not but I think it backfired for sure.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pretty much a straight shooter, so I can't think of anything I said in the kiddie pool that was much of a misrepresentation. The only thing I can think of to confess, which is probably not a shocker, is the enjoyment I got out of certain posters (dup, MD, and others) complaining about having each others posts reported, when in fact, a lot of times it was me doing the reporting. If a post is a direct personal attack, I have no tolerance for it and will report it.

Except in here :)

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe it's the Olympic appearance and scoring a big goal in the gold medal game against the States, but I've changed my stance a little regarding Perry. I still don't like him, but he doesn't go out of his way to intentionally injure players like Cooke and Ott do.

Wow, really? I'm shocked Dash, but I'll take it!

He doesn't go out of his way to intentionally injure players, but he sure doesn't try very hard to get out of the way of opposing goalies!

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I confess, there were days I didn't post at all and went around reporting every offensive post I could find.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pretty much a straight shooter, so I can't think of anything I said in the kiddie pool that was much of a misrepresentation. The only thing I can think of to confess, which is probably not a shocker, is the enjoyment I got out of certain posters (dup, MD, and others) complaining about having each others posts reported, when in fact, a lot of times it was me doing the reporting. If a post is a direct personal attack, I have no tolerance for it and will report it.

Except in here :)

You suck!!!!

:cool:

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, really? I'm shocked Dash, but I'll take it!

He doesn't go out of his way to intentionally injure players, but he sure doesn't try very hard to get out of the way of opposing goalies!

Valid point, ducky, he sure doesn't mind getting in a goalie's kitchen. I think he needs to decide what kind of player he truly wants to be, he's got a ton of talent, but I'm just not sure about the work effort.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hmmm...i can't think of too many fibs i told back yonder. i confess that OV scares the crap out of me as a pens fan (not just because of the monkey-like face either)...and i also reported the board trolls. heck, half the time there wasn't a LOT bad about it, but i just reported because they annoyed the CRAP out of me.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pretty much a straight shooter, so I can't think of anything I said in the kiddie pool that was much of a misrepresentation.

I'd say that too, except on rare occasions I get a little too fired up. But I'm not gonna dog a player or team just because I don't like them or disagree with another poster. Some dumb posters seem to think that admitting one player is good means that another player can't be. Such short-sighted and ignorant thinking has no place in this world.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never reported anyone but will confess that I got banned three times in total, and on each occasion, there were multiple things that I could have said or done to lead to the banishment in the short time frame around the time.

I had top make my reinstatement requests very vague, to say the least.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never reported anyone but will confess that I got banned three times in total, and on each occasion, there were multiple things that I could have said or done to lead to the banishment in the short time frame around the time.

I had top make my reinstatement requests very vague, to say the least.

Don't feel bad about the bannings. I once ticked off a Sabre puckbunny so bad that she reported every single post I made. Seriously. I once said "I worked in the garden yesterday" in one and it got reported, and I got banned.

So I created Snork_McGigglepants and reported every fifth post of hers. the meltdown was fun.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't feel bad about the bannings. I once ticked off a Sabre puckbunny so bad that she reported every single post I made. Seriously. I once said "I worked in the garden yesterday" in one and it got reported, and I got banned.

So I created Snork_McGigglepants and reported every fifth post of hers. the meltdown was fun.

Yeah, I spent a lot of time syaing to myslef "was it the racist, but funny comment that I made on the SEC board, or was it the sexist but funny comment I made on the NCAA board that got me this time."

It was all in good fun. Some people are just too sensitive.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Valid point, ducky, he sure doesn't mind getting in a goalie's kitchen. I think he needs to decide what kind of player he truly wants to be, he's got a ton of talent, but I'm just not sure about the work effort.

I don't know about that. I think that his work ethic is ok. He shows up every night. He doesn't seem disinterested. Carlyle doesn't stand for those who don't work hard.

I think that the Ducks probably want to see him use his talent more and his gooniness a little less. But that's his shtick. That's how he operates. I think that's the part of the game he enjoys. Getting under goalies skins and in their kitchens and then scoring the garbage goals. He's got a ton of talent, but I don't think he enoys being on the perimeter and using his wicked wrist shot. He'd rather toe drag, get off a quick wrister from within 5 feet and then charge hard towards the net.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol, I just came out of a banning just before we started this site...I wasn't sure if it was the blank posts in the MD threads that kept getting reported, or some religious comments I made in a OT thread. :)

Urkie

The MVP...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

I don't remember that happening but I do remember that name and wondered who it was. I guess that solves the mystery...lol

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mick McGeough was a decent NHL ref. There, I said it.

Now that he's been gone for two seasons, we really see just how bad the officiating has become. I mean, c'mon - the Sharks don't stand a snowballs chance in hell of beating the Avs and the refs in the same series...

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd say that too, except on rare occasions I get a little too fired up. But I'm not gonna dog a player or team just because I don't like them or disagree with another poster. Some dumb posters seem to think that admitting one player is good means that another player can't be. Such short-sighted and ignorant thinking has no place in this world.
dude, you ready for this? postmaster suggested this site and I sat on the idea for a few days...It was your "fuck you" that triggered me to get serious about starting this place up. :) that combined with my recent banning over trying to thwart the MD madness. I didn't hold it against you, but it was clear to me that I had had it with that board and its lunacy.