• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ok, question.

7NationalChampionships

SportsHoopla Top 10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tulsa and Uconn are playing in the semi final of AAC tourney. Tulsa has pretty much been busting their ass the whole game. My question is this: Why is a college "blue blood" struggling with a team like Tulsa? Why aren't they in a better conference than then the AAC?

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Uconn isn't a blue blood.

2. It's all about football

3. Tulsa may have the worst offense in the history of basketball

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tulsa and Uconn are playing in the semi final of AAC tourney. Tulsa has pretty much been busting their ass the whole game. My question is this: Why is a college "blue blood" struggling with a team like Tulsa? Why aren't they in a better conference than then the AAC?

There really is nowhere for them to go. The Big East broke apart rather suddenly and Cuse got ahead of UConn on it. Ville was already leaving, and so was ND. Now the ACC is pretty full. With Nebraska and MD going to the B1G, it's pretty full too. The Big East is for the religious affiliated (hence the split), and that about wraps it up. It's either the AAC or the A10.

As far as UConn, I'm not impressed with Ollie. He's not bad, but I think their NC last year was more a product of a good March run than a program that will maintain after Calhoun left. But we'll see. Neither season under Ollie looked top tier, and this season is no different. They had a great run last year, with great players left over from Calhoun. I'm not saying that Ollie is bad at all, but I don't see them as a perennial powerhouse like they used be.

jontaejones

Hoopla Cash
$ 149.32
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Big East is for the religious affiliated (hence the split), and that about wraps it up..

That's not exactly true. Butler is non-sectarian.

UConn doesn't exactly fit the profile, but I think they would be a great (re)addition.

With UConn, the new Big East would have unquestioned legitimacy. They can play football with a different conference or give it up all together. I mean, really who in New England gives a shit about UConn football. They have the Patriots. Pump the $ back into mens and womens bball.

C'mon Big East and UConn. Wisen up and make it happen!

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

UConn doesn't exactly fit the profile, but I think they would be a great (re)addition.

With UConn, the new Big East would have unquestioned legitimacy. They can play football with a different conference or give it up all together. I mean, really who in New England gives a shit about UConn football. They have the Patriots. Pump the $ back into mens and womens bball.

It's true, they should definitely be in the big East.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We would need another team too.

It should stay the way it is. 10 basketball only schools keeping the tradition and round robin format.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Great points, I can definitely agree with that; especially given Butler.

jontaejones

Hoopla Cash
$ 149.32
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We would need another team too.

It should stay the way it is. 10 basketball only schools keeping the tradition and round robin format.

I like the Big East as constituted. All of the teams are solid programs and there's not really any dead weight, except for DePaul.

But I feel we need one more big program and UConn would be perfect.

Why UConn Should Rejoin the Big East - Big East Coast Bias

BTW, technically, the AAC is the REAL Big East Conference and UConn, USF, and Cincy stayed, and Nova, Marquette, etc all left.

Also, I think UConn will win today and get back in the tourney!