• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OK it's time to focus on New York

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Put Sunday behind us it's over…. Let's go get the Giants and get closer to locking down this division… Division title is in our sites so let's focus on it… That's the first goal starting training camp so let's achieve our first goal…

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Giants are always a question mark and Seattle hasn't played well with theses 10 am starts in the past. Not going to be an easy game by any means, but the Giants strength is their passing game and we all know Seattle's strength on D is their secondary. Just gotta pound the ball with Beast Mode, get an early lead, and make them keep throwing. Eli is bound to throw some picks at some point.

BoBlake

Hoopla Cash
$ 937.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not worried about the Giants. They're out of the playoffs and all they can do is play spoiler. I see Seattle winning by 13pts. Our defense, while they played well, is pissed about some of those big plays. The Giants are no where near as balanced on offense as the 49ers can be. Eli won't beat our guys.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope that these teams that are out of the playoff race lose all motivation to play on sundays and play down below their level.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not worried about the Giants. They're out of the playoffs and all they can do is play spoiler. I see Seattle winning by 13pts. Our defense, while they played well, is pissed about some of those big plays. The Giants are no where near as balanced on offense as the 49ers can be. Eli won't beat our guys.

I don't know...on any given Sunday. I tend to worry some one matter who we play. The Giant game has trap game written all over it. However losing last Sunday should fix that problem.

BoBlake

Hoopla Cash
$ 937.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know...on any given Sunday. I tend to worry some one matter who we play. The Giant game has trap game written all over it. However losing last Sunday should fix that problem.

I'm not saying that we can't lose the game or that we are the "lock of the week".

I'm just saying that the Giants do not have any positional advantage over us and even less to play for. If our team does what they have done all year (including what happened in San Fran) they are going to come out ahead.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, the lose to the 9ers should make it so the team is focused the rest of the way out. There is still a chance that the Seahawks don't get the first week bye, let alone a chance to lose the 1st seed.

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I admit... this New York game is making me nervous. But I agree with what Harold is saying, we should be more focused this week. I don't think Eli can throw against us so I'm expecting a few INTs.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think its foolish to not worry about the Giants or think we have any thing but a playoff spot clinched at this point.
However there are a lot of things working in favor I believe this week.
-The Giants were just mathematically eliminated from the postseason last week, so its very possible the see a slight motivational let down this week.
-The Giants lead the NFL in turnovers and I believe Eli leads the NFL in picks. We are 2nd in the NFL in takeaways and tied for 2nd in turnover differential. No better chance then Sunday to get a few takeaways.
-Where our defense struggles at times is against the run, but the Giants are one of the worst rushing teams in the league
-I think it helps coming off a loss for this team to be refocused.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is still a chance that the Seahawks don't get the first week bye, let alone a chance to lose the 1st seed.

The way I see it, Im not concerned about the Saints as much as the Niners. I feel like the Niners can easily win out and Saints I see losing in Carolina and potentially this week in St Louis. Therefore we will either be the 1 seed or the 5 seed. Big difference but destiny is in our hands, just gotta take it.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope that these teams that are out of the playoff race lose all motivation to play on sundays and play down below their level.

It goes both ways. Teams out of contention may also play looser and more aggressively because nothing is on the line anymore. For example, they tend to go for it on 4th down more often (which teams should do more of anyway regardless of whether they are in or out of playoff contention, but I digress). That said, the Seahawks shouldn't have much trouble with the Giants.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giants O-ine has been bad this year… We have the advantage there big time and should get to Eli more than once… Our O should have some success as well … Giants aren't to be taken lightly but if we play our game we should be ok…

SeattleOspreys

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Put Sunday behind us it's over…. Let's go get the Giants and get closer to locking down this division… Division title is in our sites so let's focus on it… That's the first goal starting training camp so let's achieve our first goal…

:omg: A thread that doesn't incite 9er fans? :yahoo: Greatness threads? Headphone Threads? Hawks flying banners at Candlestick threads? Standing too much at Candlestick threads? :laugh3:

We toss a carcass on the side of the freeway and the vultures fly in. Heck, it's more like 4 or 5
carcasses. Anyone have Waste Management on speed dial?

We got beat. Time to talk ball, worry about KJ being out and complain about the atrocious play calling by Bevell in the red zone with a 2 pt deficit. RWill should've had the ball in his hands for all 3 plays.

I've never said 1 negative thing about PC because he's been an organization savior but his timeout usage and not understanding that he should've allowed the 9er's to score if they took the bait is flat out, inexcusable. :L

SeattleOspreys

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giants O-ine has been bad this year… We have the advantage there big time and should get to Eli more than once… Our O should have some success as well … Giants aren't to be taken lightly but if we play our game we should be ok…

They can run the ball a bit but if we pressure Eli, he will throw a few right to us. He always has and always will.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It goes both ways. Teams out of contention may also play looser and more aggressively because nothing is on the line anymore. For example, they tend to go for it on 4th down more often (which teams should do more of anyway regardless of whether they are in or out of playoff contention, but I digress). That said, the Seahawks shouldn't have much trouble with the Giants.

yeah well were still playing for homefield and im sure everyone knows that homefield is kind of a big deal or the seahawks. if we clinch homefield then your statement might be true now the media and teams will start considering benching starters and limiting minutes taking away the energy of the team

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eli Manning is a joke. I hope this season ends the discussion about him being an elite QB. He's thrown 20 interceptions this seasons, and though he's taken care of the ball better in recent weeks, that's been against bad defenses. He's not only throwing a lot of INTs, but he's being sacked on a career high 6.8% of drop backs. So, the Hawks defense is going to face a QB who is turnover prone playnig behind a line that allows a lot of pressure.

The Giants have already lost 2 RBs for the season in a running game that can't seem to get it going even when everyone is healthy. Andre Brown has been ok for them the last 5 games, but again they haven't faced even 1 top 10 running defense in that time, and only 1 in the top 15.

The Seahawks should come into the game with a chip on their shoulder. They just lost a game where their offense and defense outplayed their opponent, yet they still lost. Even though the offense has been known to come out sluggish on east coast trips, the defense seems to travel well.

This is gonna be a battle between a team who is top 3 in offense and defense against a team that is ranked in the 20s in both. I believe it's gonna look like it. Despite the team records, the only team worse than the Giants that the Hawks have faced is the Jaguars, and this game will be similar to the Falcons game (the only other team we've faced with offense and defense ranked in the 20s). Seattle has won the other two games by at least 23 points (23 against Atlanta, 28 against Jacksonville).

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:omg: A thread that doesn't incite 9er fans? :yahoo: Greatness threads? Headphone Threads? Hawks flying banners at Candlestick threads? Standing too much at Candlestick threads? :laugh3:

We toss a carcass on the side of the freeway and the vultures fly in. Heck, it's more like 4 or 5
carcasses. Anyone have Waste Management on speed dial?

We got beat. Time to talk ball, worry about KJ being out and complain about the atrocious play calling by Bevell in the red zone with a 2 pt deficit. RWill should've had the ball in his hands for all 3 plays.

I've never said 1 negative thing about PC because he's been an organization savior but his timeout usage and not understanding that he should've allowed the 9er's to score if they took the bait is flat out, inexcusable. :L

Screw the Giants, I wanna talk about headphones!

All joking aside, I don't see you guys having much problem with the Giants unless you guys come out 10am flat. Their pass rush isn't as scary with your whole OL intact. This would have been a tougher matchup for you guys a couple weeks ago, but it shouldn't be a problem now. Eli is a freaking TO machine and if he doesn't throw 2-3 picks, I'd be surprised.

I would expect you guys to take advantage of their overaggressive speed rush with plenty of runs up the middle, draws, and screens. Defensively, they have no true running presence so your D can pin their ears back and get after Eli.

SEA 27
NY 10

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even in sub par years we beat the Giants so i would be shocked if they pulled a spoiler this year.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I guess theres a decent chance for snow for the game. I don't think it will play to big of role unless its a much as that Philly-Detroit game last week.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I guess theres a decent chance for snow for the game. I don't think it will play to big of role unless its a much as that Philly-Detroit game last week.

That was an insane amount of snow. The lasting image from that game is the sight of Megatron with a helmet full of snow. That was one of the funniest things I've seen in sports. I'd like to see how the Seahawks respond to playing in snow. I think they'd be fine, but you never know until you see it. There was a surprising amount of passing in that Philly-Detroit game, but given that we're a run-first team, I think you'd probably see even more running than usual.