• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Offseason news

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dez did deserve the contract when he signed it. Injuries and age have slowed him. Another thing is all the people giving Dak a pass. Dak was not as efficient or as accurate as his rookie season. There are multiple reasons for that. Teams took away the short passes over the middle which Dak was great at. Tyron Smith being out was another. Cooper did not even remotely play as well as Leary played. Finally it comes down to stale offense and coaching. Cowboys need to add many new wrinkles to the playbook. Dak needs to roll out more often. Cowboys need to add a FAST receiver and then USE that receiver.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Comedy gold is you not knowing what your talking about.
How Rodgers and your Packers gonna be this year? Will Rodgers be 100%?
We are talking about Dez so don't try and deflect the conversation. You like to do this whenever you are proven wrong.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dez did deserve the contract when he signed it. Injuries and age have slowed him. Another thing is all the people giving Dak a pass. Dak was not as efficient or as accurate as his rookie season. There are multiple reasons for that. Teams took away the short passes over the middle which Dak was great at. Tyron Smith being out was another. Cooper did not even remotely play as well as Leary played. Finally it comes down to stale offense and coaching. Cowboys need to add many new wrinkles to the playbook. Dak needs to roll out more often. Cowboys need to add a FAST receiver and then USE that receiver.

I agree with your post. You identified the problems.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are talking about Dez so don't try and deflect the conversation. You like to do this whenever you are proven wrong.
How was I proven wrong?
As for the GB comment it's just pointing out you know more about that team than you do Dallas.

Trust me in Dez's early years I supported him even with his idiot monthly doings.

My point in which you think I'm being anti Dez was simply if he demands the ball he needs to catch it.
By the way thats in all walks of life, if you tell your boss you demand lead on a project you better deliver a great project, or be called on it.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree with all. One reason I'm giving Dak a pass is from the beginning when Dak looked great I said I want to see how he plays after D's adjust and if so can he adjust after that. I called for three years before I'm ready to judge Dak.
I wasn't all in his rookie year and I'm not all against after year 2.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would you consider trading him for a 1st? I would just pay him the $17, but it's an option, franchise him and deal him
i would put a 1st round tag on DLaw, let him negotiate with other teams and then decide if it would be worth it to match their offer or let him walk and get the 2 1st round picks. personally 2 1st rounders & mabe Alex Okafor makes sense.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i would put a 1st round tag on DLaw, let him negotiate with other teams and then decide if it would be worth it to match their offer or let him walk and get the 2 1st round picks. personally 2 1st rounders & mabe Alex Okafor makes sense.
I hope they sign him to a long term deal, but I prefer your scenario to a franchise tag. Can the Cowboys place a 1st round tag on an UFA, I thought that was only for RFA's like Irving

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i don't think that Dak and Dez have a bond that can be fixed so i would either force Dez to accept a new reworked contract and a trade or release him

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i don't think that Dak and Dez have a bond that can be fixed so i would either force Dez to accept a new reworked contract and a trade or release him
I wonder if Dez has a no trade clause. Cleveland has $100 million in cap space and 5 picks in the first two rounds. They could tell Dez to accept a pay cut or they will send him to the Browns for a couple of 2nd's

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope they sign him to a long term deal, but I prefer your scenario to a franchise tag. Can the Cowboys place a 1st round tag on an UFA, I thought that was only for RFA's like Irving
they can use the non-exclusive franchise tag. that allows DLaw to approach other teams, work out a deal with them which the Cowboys can match or pass on. that team would have to give Dallas 2 1st's.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if Dez has a no trade clause. Cleveland has $100 million in cap space and 5 picks in the first two rounds. They could tell Dez to accept a pay cut or they will send him to the Browns for a couple of 2nd's
that would work for me. we could then consider signing Sammy Watkins and Marqise Lee

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they can use the non-exclusive franchise tag. that allows DLaw to approach other teams, work out a deal with them which the Cowboys can match or pass on. that team would have to give Dallas 2 1st's.
The team would have to have two 1sts in this year's draft though, correct?

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The team would have to have two 1sts in this year's draft though, correct?
no, it could be 2018 and 2019 1st's. some team like Indy could be just the team for this. they need an established DE and have the room to pull it off. and we could turn the 2019 1st around and pick up another 2018 1st with some other team + a later round pick

Last edited:

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that would work for me. we could then consider signing Sammy Watkins and Marqise Lee
I actually think that would be a great trade for both teams. It would give the Cowboys 4 picks in the first two rounds, not to mention the four compensatory picks they have. They would be able to move up for anything they wanted. For the Browns, take Barkley to be their Zeke, whichever QB they want at 4, Dez, and aan OL in round two, and all of a sudden they have a good offense

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no, it could be 2018 and 2019 1st's. some team like Indy could be just the team for this. they need an established DE and have the room to pull it off.
I would not put this past Stephen if Dez won't take a cut in pay...

Eiknarflin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be all for it, but I don't think Dez is worth 2 2nds, so I don't know if Cleveland would bite.

Oh, who am I kidding, Cleveland may be the only franchise that would. Let's go for it.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be all for it, but I don't think Dez is worth 2 2nds, so I don't know if Cleveland would bite.

Oh, who am I kidding, Cleveland may be the only franchise that would. Let's go for it.
well they might consider a 2018 2nd and 2019 2nd