• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Visitors 1/18-1/20 (2019 Class)

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Second OV weekend in January is upon us and Nebraska is only bringing in two players, both offensive and both with their own question marks:

Demariyon Houston (3-Star, WR) [Oklahoma City, OK] - Houston was a long time Texas commit but decommitted in December, word is that Texas moved on because they thought they had their hooks in bigger fish. Since then Houston has bounced around in interest. He has a slight build but speed to burn and we all know how Frost loves speed. That said, there's likely room for only one WR in this class. The coaches want Njoku but since he's still set to visit UCLA this weekend they are moving ahead with Houston. Likely, it's first come first serve with the commitment even though they are two different types of WRs. That said, Nebraska COULD take both of them, but that would mean a very specific set of circumstances opened that opportunity up with the close of this class. Others considering: Minnesota, Penn State and Colorado.

John Bivens (3-Star, RB) [Dayton, OH] - Bivens is an intersting prospect, his recruitment blew up his sophomore year and he looked like one of the top RB prospects in the country going into his junior season, however a horrible knee injury (tore his ACL, MCL and PCL) derailed his Junior year and also sidelined him for his Senior year. According to Bivens he is close to 100% and Nebraska's staff always liked him and like his ceiling. That said, I'm not sure he's a take at the moment unless the staff feels confident that he is completely healthy. This will be one to watch... Nebraska doesn't NEED another RB in this class but they really like Bivens upside and could take a flyer on him down the stretch.

That's all that's visiting this weekend, I personally don't expect either to commit, though, if Bivens is given the green light he could.

Last edited:

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you might notice that I edited Houston's rating... I go by 247Composite ratings and with the new Rivals ratings that came out Houston was dropped to 3-star status. His size is big reason why.