• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Season Thread - 2013 Edition

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Dude ... for a guy with a San Jose location you hit the nail on the head. What a Public Service Announcement. Glad to have you on our board from CBS. Thanks!

Now get that LAD logo off this board!!!! <G>

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If fans controlled how bobbleheads looked. If only.....

Ryan-Ventura2.jpg

RangerDanger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
id actually buy those bobbleheads. lol esp the nolan ryan one

Al Falfa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From the Newberg Report:

Robinson Chirinos (333/.429/.500 in 12 games) played 1B for the first time.

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
TEX w/RA 68 is only 1 more than KCR (who has played 4 fewer games) in the AL. ATL w/RA 55 is still best in MLB ... although gave up 10R to DET tonight bringing them up to 65RA.

In the past several years it is not uncommon to see TEX w/MLB top RS ... but I don't ever remember TEX being in this RA territory ... at least not recently. Considering at the moment that two of TEX guys in the rotation were in AA last year ... being this close to the best RA in baseball is incredible.

Sure shows TEX orientation toward pitching as it built its system is paying dividends.

fanman8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
OP on ESPN Dallas noted that TEX is LAST in the AL in one surprising stat: K%

In fact ... they are not only last in the AL in K% they are last in MLB in K%.

TEX -- 15.0%
SFG -- 16.9%
DET -- 17.3%
LAA -- 20.2% (also league average)

2013 Major League Baseball Batting Ratios - Baseball-Reference.com

Amazing ...

Well WMW,

I have had enough of this game today and the lack of offense, particularly from one player in Lf. Seems like a move is inevitable. All for giving Baker more of an opportunity but I am keeping an eye on the Stanton situation. Looks like he is starting to get it going. Wondering what the Rangers FO is thinking.

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Well WMW,

I have had enough of this game today and the lack of offense, particularly from one player in Lf. Seems like a move is inevitable. All for giving Baker more of an opportunity but I am keeping an eye on the Stanton situation. Looks like he is starting to get it going. Wondering what the Rangers FO is thinking.

Dismal showing this weekend. Was tied up Sat so missed the Holland affair but watched most of the futility on Sun.

As for the LFer in question ... Buzz will spin that over the last 10 games he is hitting .200 "so looks like he is on his way to recovering from his slow start" ... although he was .111 for the road trip including .071 in MIN so the trend is down not up.

Baker's injury disrupted what might have been a different output from LF in MIN ... albeit Baker played Sat at 3b ... going 1 for 3 in his first game back (while Murphy was going 0 for 4 behind him in LF).

Wonder if TEX has thought about using Garcia in LF along with Baker to give Murphy some time off? I also don't see either of them a defensive liability when compared with Murphy ... but the Murphy loyalists will say otherwise.

Can't lump the blame solely on Murphy ... Beltre was 6 for 28 (.214) on the road trip too. Only bright spots were Moreland who hit 11 for 18 (.392) on the road trip and Martin was 3 for 7 in the three games he played in MIN.

fanman8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Dismal showing this weekend. Was tied up Sat so missed the Holland affair but watched most of the futility on Sun.

As for the LFer in question ... Buzz will spin that over the last 10 games he is hitting .200 "so looks like he is on his way to recovering from his slow start" ... although he was .111 for the road trip including .071 in MIN so the trend is down not up.

Baker's injury disrupted what might have been a different output from LF in MIN ... albeit Baker played Sat at 3b ... going 1 for 3 in his first game back (while Murphy was going 0 for 4 behind him in LF).

Wonder if TEX has thought about using Garcia in LF along with Baker to give Murphy some time off? I also don't see either of them a defensive liability when compared with Murphy ... but the Murphy loyalists will say otherwise.

Can't lump the blame solely on Murphy ... Beltre was 6 for 28 (.214) on the road trip too. Only bright spots were Moreland who hit 11 for 18 (.392) on the road trip and Martin was 3 for 7 in the three games he played in MIN.

Good info as always. Beltre definitely needs to start driving in some runs, but I am not worried about him yet. Btw espn has us number 1 in their power rankings

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't forget Kinsler has still been killing it aside from the last two games.

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In unrelated news.....

Josh Hamilton Appreciation Night - OaklandWiki

On April 29th, 2013 at 7:05 PM when the Oakland A's play the Angels, A's fans will celebrate the unofficial Josh Hamilton appreciation night.

During the 2012 season, the A's trailed the Texas Rangers for the entire season. They made an epic comeback, though, starting in June, and by the last series of the year, played at home against the Rangers, numerically had a chance to come back and win it all. It was a long shot.

Josh Hamilton is a Really Big Star. The A's were behind by 4 runs and it was starting to seem like the magical 2012 season was over. But then this crazy thing happened: Yoenis Cespedes hit a routine pop fly to center field and Josh Hamilton dropped it! The A's went on to score 6 runs in the inning and win the game. This was the first time ALL year that the A's were in first place in the division, but it didn't matter- it was the last game of the year, which meant the A's won the division and would advance to the playoffs.

Hamilton is now with the Angels and the 29th is the first time they come to town.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't know if any of you guys are season ticket holders and not going to either Boston game Saturday or Sunday but my wife and I are planning on going and don't have tickets yet.

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Moved this over to the Season Thread from the MIN series thread ... more relevant for the future.

Interesting... perhaps 1b with his 6.5 frame. Guess only time will tell

Think he is far better suited for 1b than 3b so that may be a better spot to work him at rather than RF. Not sure what his speed and range is but OF could be a liability.

The whole contingent at HIK is going to produce some exciting options for TEX pretty soon. If I'm sitting on the roster at MYB right now I'd want to be playing strong and push for a move up to AA by midseason or I might get trampled by the herd galloping up from Low A.

Last edited by a moderator:

Al Falfa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Moved this over to the Season Thread from the MIN series thread ... more relevant for the future.

Think he is far better suited for 1b than 3b so that may be a better spot to work him at rather than RF. Not sure what his speed and range is but OF could be a liability.

The whole contingent at HIK is going to produce some exciting options for TEX pretty soon. If I'm sitting on the roster at MYB right now I'd want to be playing strong and push for a move up to AA by midseason or I might get trampled by the herd galloping up from Low A.

The biggest liability to some of the Hickory players, especially Brinson and Gallo is their inability to put bat on ball. Saw a film clip of Brinson recently and while he shows amazing power, his big looping swing has a rather large hole in it. Same with Gallo. Makes it hard to see either of them advancing past AA ball unless they make some serious swing adjustments.