• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Off-Topic VT Thread

ACC_HOKIES

4 ACC Championships
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
There are alot of contributing factors as to why Miami can't draw good crowds. They never have had sustained attendance, and they surely won't in their current arrangement. Their fans are by FAR the most fairweather you'll find, and right now tickets to Miami games are literally worthless. As in, you can find them discarded on the sidewalk worthless. I have a friend who goes to all their games and NEVER pays more than 10 bucks for a ticket.

I've always been of the opinion since the demo of the Orange Bowl Stadium, that the U should partner with FIU for a home stadium agreement. FIU currently has a 25,000 seat stadium, recently renovated, just 8 miles from Miami's campus. It sounds shocking to imagine them playing in such a small venue on someone else's campus, but it's not far from reality of demand there. They could play a few lowly opponents there over the years, and feel out the situation. With the right vision, Miami could partner in the next expansion to a capacity suitable for the majority of their home games. It would probably be a cheaper arrangement, would create more demand for season tickets, and they could continue to play FSU and a few other head liners at Sun Life Stadium.

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Almost as bad as flaming Libs...

[YOUTUBE]6V-4jbto2C8[/YOUTUBE]

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I SPY Goals for that video:

A Black man
A Chrysler LeBaron convertible

Rep to the first person that finds them.

Last edited by a moderator:

amszete

STRIKE FIRST|STRIKE HARD.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like that one guy's quote...

"I'm just not trying to contract HIV here...."

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

"Yall know im in Morgantown WV".....

Last edited by a moderator:

Chrish1023

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

BeachNHokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Florida State Seminoles commit Richy Klepal quits football after fifth concussion - ESPN

Nice to see FSU do this. I can't say that I believe Saban would do the same.

I have no reason to believe that Saban or any other BCS level coach wouldn't do the exact same thing. It is such an easy thing to do giving the kid a non-athletic scholarship that doesn't count against your 85. Plus it builds so much good will and shows that the coach will take care of recruits.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no reason to believe that Saban or any other BCS level coach wouldn't do the exact same thing. It is such an easy thing to do giving the kid a non-athletic scholarship that doesn't count against your 85. Plus it builds so much good will and shows that the coach will take care of recruits.

The last thing remotely close to this I've heard from Saban was he was yanking scholarships away from current players to give to new recruits after those guys fell in the depth chart. Just saying.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Morning 46 just wanted to drop in and thank you for welcoming HHSFsBFF.Hokiehigh meant a lot to me and I really appreciate everything everyone on here has done.I have already made A donation.But all the kind words and memories were priceless to all who cared about him and I'm sure to his family as well.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best colleges for food in America | Fox News

Virginia Tech (Blacksburg, Va.)
This Blacksburg, Va., campus boasts an award-winning dining plan. No stranger to the National Association of College & University Food Service awards — the Academy Award of collegiate dining — this university features dishes like whole-wheat penne pasta with sun-dried tomatoes, sautéed chicken breast, prosciutto, and gorgonzola.

Want to discuss existentialism while you break bread with your philosophy professor? There’s a way to do just that: VT’s "Dine with Faculty" program allows students to take a faculty member out to eat on the university’s dime once per month.

Passionate about sustainability, VT is home to the Farms & Fields Project, a venue that is completely local, sustainable, and organic. On the menu: apple chutney and Cheddar panini — organic Granny Smith apples with onion, red-wine vinegar, brown sugar, orange peels, fresh ginger, and local cheese served on locally made organic bread. In addition, VT dining partnered with the Virginia Tech Meat Science Center and serves meats produced and processed on campus. Um, wow.

For those with a green thumb, The Dining Services Garden at Kentland Farm is a great place engage in the community while growing the fruits and veggies that fuel Hokies. If you are more of a carnivore, VT has several outdoor grills for student use on campus. Undergrads can buy food and charcoal for a fun, backyard barbecue with their Flex Dollars.

This university topped our list for its incredible food, student engagement,and commitment to all things local and sustainable. It truly exceeded our wildest expectations for college dining.

Read more: Best colleges for food in America | Fox News