• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Off-Topic VT Thread

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked it better when it was called "White Fang"

22309826.jpg

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously? Even Ms.VTFF liked it. And she is a bit of a prissy tree hugger. Haven't met a soul yet who didn't like it.

TBH... I think I saw it on twitter from a bunch of the football players back when it was in theaters. I think I specifically remember LT and Zack McCray saying it was a waste of money.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we ever meet up for a beer I have an interesting story I'll share. You're getting into a pretty cool field.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW, this will make me unpopular, but here goes nothing:

Tom Hardy's Bane > Heath Ledger's Joker

I mean Ledger was epic. I never once saw Heath Ledger in that movie. I saw the Joker but it is the same with hardy as Bane, and I feel like Bane is a much more complex character and tougher to sell than the Joker who is just a psychopath. You can twist your mind around to kind of feel for Bane, and not just if you know the rest of the story.

There I said it.

had to go back and add this ;)

TheDarkknightRisesBane12.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I mean Ledger was epic. I never once saw Heath Ledger in that movie. I saw the Joker but it is the same with hardy as Bane, and I feel like Bane is a much more complex character and tougher to sell than the Joker who is just a psychopath. You can twist your mind around to kind of feel for Bane, and not just if you know the rest of the story.

There I said it.

I havent seen the new one yet but the Joker was on of the best acting jobs I have ever seen. Can you imagine being on set when he was walking around still in character. That would just be scary.

VTscores

Observer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

There I said it.

I haven't seen the new one yet, but Ledger was nothing short of genius in the first one. He spent an entire month in character before the movie so he could "think like the joker", and came up with a very unique take on the character. He directed the kidnapping clips without Christopher Nolan on the set, and they were used without edit.

He set a pretty high bar.

VTimHokie85

3rd and 31 Productions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry if this video is a repost but this makes me laugh everytime i see this. Havent seen it in here yet...

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry if this video is a repost but this makes me laugh everytime i see this. Havent seen it in here yet...

Hilarious! Those people that got puked on didn't look too happy.

Ragingcroc

mcklSJDFIOj
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There I said it.
How about a magic trick?

Taz_Hokie

Ut Prosim
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There I said it.

I don't know, Hardy did a great job, but Ledger as The Joker was far and away better. I will say this though:

Anne Hathaway's Selina Kyle >>> Michele Pfeiffer's Catwoman

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess, to me it is easier to play a total psychopath than it is to play a sympathetic bad guy. Bane was pure evil but at the root of it was a bit of conflict, and a bit of a "good idea" if you will. That is tough to sell. I mean you loathe him throughout the movie but almost respect him as well. The voice/body contradiction is perfect, PERFECT if you know the role of Bane in the Batman mythology, as well. The joke that was Bane in Batman and Robin was terrible.

But, I said > instead of > because I am still not sure. They both are absolutely fantastic.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sometimes taking a good shit can turn your whole day around for the better