• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Off-Topic VT Thread

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah..I would say so jeffro :wtf:

or maybe the structure of the VT football schedule, and the coaches and all were keeping him straight...without it, he turns to crime...maybe that student panel led him to this (kidding about this part)

I do think had he still been on the team, he wouldn't be in this trouble, but he got himself into it...I wonder if his mom will go off her rocker again

Last edited by a moderator:

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
or maybe the structure of the VT football schedule, and the coaches and all were keeping him straight...without it, he turns to crime...maybe that student panel led him to this (kidding about this part)

I do think had he still been on the team, he wouldn't be in this trouble, but he got himself into it...I wonder if his mom will go off her rocker again

CHARGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:lol:

vtfan15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Been trying to get this done for a year &amp; it finally happened <a href="https://twitter.com/coachfostervt">@coachfostervt</a> Hokies faithful welcome Bud to twitter!</p>&mdash; Aaron Moorehead (@Amo8685) <a href="https://twitter.com/Amo8685/statuses/431929778913173504">February 7, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the looks of his first tweet, Bud hasn't quite figured it out yet.

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am liking Moorehead more and more by the day....

:clap:

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am liking Moorehead more and more by the day....

:clap:

kelso-burn.jpg

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I read that VT actually closed because of all the snow. Lucky little bastards. They never closed when I was there. Sure, I'd skip class anyway but still.

vtfan15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
So I read that VT actually closed because of all the snow. Lucky little bastards. They never closed when I was there. Sure, I'd skip class anyway but still.

According to twitter it was the third biggest snowstorm in Blacksburg history. The official total was 20 inches. Also according to twitter, today and tomorrow are only the 9th and 10th days VT has ever closed school in the 142 year history.

amszete

STRIKE FIRST|STRIKE HARD.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saban doesn't win a championship, the obvious solution, change the rules to stop those pesky hurry up offenses. what a joke.

I like the targeting change though

I wonder how this change will impact hurry up offenses (for at least a season). For instance, I can see UNC getting quite a few 5 yard penalties next year just due to Fedora's approach/system with the hurry up (i.e. hiking the ball at 30 seconds or more instead of 29 or less).

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder how this change will impact hurry up offenses (for at least a season). For instance, I can see UNC getting quite a few 5 yard penalties next year just due to Fedora's approach/system with the hurry up (i.e. hiking the ball at 30 seconds or more instead of 29 or less).

Frank Beamer must have been at the forefront of this change....not sure it helps any team more than VT, certainly doesn't hurt us!

Cobrabit

Resident Polymath
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,041.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

VT cancelled classes twice during my tenure. The rest of the day after 9/11 (I was in an electrical engineering lab when a janitor said a plane hit the WTC and we thought it was nothing just like when a small engine plane hit the White House a couple years earlier) and then after receiving 4 inches of ice and the BTs couldn't make it back to the station to put on chains.

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
VT cancelled classes twice during my tenure. The rest of the day after 9/11 (I was in an electrical engineering lab when a janitor said a plane hit the WTC and we thought it was nothing just like when a small engine plane hit the White House a couple years earlier) and then after receiving 4 inches of ice and the BTs couldn't make it back to the station to put on chains.

I was gonna say, I think I remember it being closed due to weather once while I was there, and of course 9/11

Cobrabit

Resident Polymath
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,041.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was gonna say, I think I remember it being closed due to weather once while I was there, and of course 9/11

Yeah, VT figured that as long as the BT ran, classes can be in session. However, with as many commuters that there are living miles away from BT stops, most of my professors just told us to stay home instead of risking your life for a class. Even had my freshman English professor say that if we saw even one snowflake at VT that his class would be cancelled because he lived on a mountain that would get several inches and he wasn't coming in.

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, VT figured that as long as the BT ran, classes can be in session. However, with as many commuters that there are living miles away from BT stops, most of my professors just told us to stay home instead of risking your life for a class. Even had my freshman English professor say that if we saw even one snowflake at VT that his class would be cancelled because he lived on a mountain that would get several inches and he wasn't coming in.

I think it was actually the day before school was closed due to the ice, I was getting off the BT, and the person in front of me stepped down, being careful, slipped and broke her elbow on the sidewalk.

they really should consider more than whether or not the BT can run, like if someone might die getting on and off the BT :happy: