• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Off Topic, for the most part, but any Rugby followers...

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
out there?

I watch it from time to time in the off season, like the 7s games and others.

Just watched the Varsity National Championship between BYU and Cal. BYU had won it the past four years in a row.

Today Cal came back and scored 21 unanswered at the end to win it 40-29. Hell of a game, or match or whatever they call it.

BYU has some big, fast bruisers of SW Pacific descent, thought they were going to roll Cal after they got going, but Cal used excellent coaching and skills to take the game over at the end.

Pretty good football alternative when there is no football.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I used to play but I'm not a huge fan of 7's. It's just too wide open. It's a great sport though. The thing with it is that if you drill someone cheap then they can come right back at you. In the NFL the offensive player is bitching for a flag. Players having that opportunity to police themselves goes a long way. And with no pads you go in thinking about your body and make sure you don't go head to head. It's still a brutal sport but being out there with a jersey and shorts certainly tones things down a bit.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I used to play but I'm not a huge fan of 7's. It's just too wide open. It's a great sport though. The thing with it is that if you drill someone cheap then they can come right back at you. In the NFL the offensive player is bitching for a flag. Players having that opportunity to police themselves goes a long way. And with no pads you go in thinking about your body and make sure you don't go head to head. It's still a brutal sport but being out there with a jersey and shorts certainly tones things down a bit.

I agree about the 7s in that way, it's too few, too fast. But it's a fun, short game. But it does seem to not be real rugby, but more of a bubblegum version. I still like to watch it, but it's only a couple times a year.

The college NC game today was very good, imo. Two very good teams, hard hitting and well coached.