• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Off Season Moves/News/Rumors/Discussion Thread

ColinCoby

"Duff Man…Oh Yeah!"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone have an opinion on Yoenis Cespedes?

"A representative for Cuban center fielder Yoenis Cespedes says he is preparing to showcase the slugger for several major league teams.

"Mercedes says scouts for teams like the New York Yankees and San Francisco Giants will see the Cuban perform this week and the Philadelphia Phillies, Boston Red Sox and Washington Nationals will watch him in action next week."

ColinCoby

"Duff Man…Oh Yeah!"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From Yahoo:

Cuban center fielder Yoenis Cespedes, who defected mid-summer and expects soon to be cleared for free agency, is being billed by his agents as the hitting version of Aroldis Chapman(notes) and is seeking a contract similar to the $30 million the left-handed pitcher received in 2010, according to two sources familiar with the asking price.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From Yahoo:

Cuban center fielder Yoenis Cespedes, who defected mid-summer and expects soon to be cleared for free agency, is being billed by his agents as the hitting version of Aroldis Chapman(notes) and is seeking a contract similar to the $30 million the left-handed pitcher received in 2010, according to two sources familiar with the asking price.

Since that deal was $30 mil for 6 years, if he was for real, that'd be a freaking steal. I'd probably prefer fewer years.

You guys ok with an unknown like that instead of a ridiculously expensive, old, fragile Beltran?

TKellion

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Since that deal was $30 mil for 6 years, if he was for real, that'd be a freaking steal. I'd probably prefer fewer years.

You guys ok with an unknown like that instead of a ridiculously expensive, old, fragile Beltran?

I would prefer him to Beltran

xxERICSMITHXX

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I would prefer him to Beltran

He would be a long term investment, I don't think he would be ready to face MLB pitching right away.

So lets get both!

But hasn't Sabean already come out and said the Giants were not interested though?

TKellion

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
He would be a long term investment, I don't think he would be ready to face MLB pitching right away.

So lets get both!

But hasn't Sabean already come out and said the Giants were not interested though?

A young power hitting CF or an old one hmm.I say why waste 10m a year on Beltran when you can sign one 10 years younger who getting ready to do everything Beltran has done(hopefully lol)Play Belt LF Cabrera RF Schierholtz CF until Huff is gone next year and let him hit his way up.Hoping Sabean is trying to smoke screen

Mays-Fan

Unhyphenated-American
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,936.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone have an opinion on Yoenis Cespedes?

"A representative for Cuban center fielder Yoenis Cespedes says he is preparing to showcase the slugger for several major league teams.

"Mercedes says scouts for teams like the New York Yankees and San Francisco Giants will see the Cuban perform this week and the Philadelphia Phillies, Boston Red Sox and Washington Nationals will watch him in action next week."

Yeah, I have an opinion. I think he better not pronounce his first name "Yo-aynus". That's my opinion.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DogHairs pick up Mark Ellis as well. 2 years, $8.75million

sfsportsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i thought the dodgers were bankrupt?

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed, it will be nice to see him around more often now, he was a great guy.

BTW Heath, SCOO Ducks! :stfu:

Yeah, buddy. Hopefully, the rest of the Pac-12 lays down for them, so they can get healthy. Of course, there is always that month off between the end of the season and bowl games. We shall see. Never thought I'd see a year where I automatically take the SC and Civil War games as wins, but wow. Impressive last couple of months.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, buddy. Hopefully, the rest of the Pac-12 lays down for them, so they can get healthy. Of course, there is always that month off between the end of the season and bowl games. We shall see. Never thought I'd see a year where I automatically take the SC and Civil War games as wins, but wow. Impressive last couple of months.

The way they are playing right now on both sides of the ball and with their speed, I want to play LSU right now and kick their ass. They are playing that well right now.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From MLB Trade Rumors today:

Rosenthal and Morosi say not to rule out the Giants on Carlos Beltran yet.

Now THAT'S what I'm talkin' bout....

SF11704

Senile Forum Poster
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok - Papelbon signs with the Philth for 50M over 4 years. This makes for an interesting payday for Wilson. Sort of sets the standard for elite closers.

We all know our payroll limits ..... and our needs ..... what do you think we do with Wilson and his upcoming contract .... or do we look to trade him before we reach that stage of the game?

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok - Papelbon signs with the Philth for 50M over 4 years. This makes for an interesting payday for Wilson. Sort of sets the standard for elite closers.

We all know our payroll limits ..... and our needs ..... what do you think we do with Wilson and his upcoming contract .... or do we look to trade him before we reach that stage of the game?

I like Wilson, but if he wants anything over his current $8mil per, then he can go to the greener grasses. I know closers are important, but I just can't justify paying that much for a guy that (usually) only come in if the team is winning.

Last edited by a moderator: