• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OD thread

wvu_man

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree WV, I don't think the Reds agree with us though. Gregg may not be in the 8th inning next time out, but they'll more than likely look to give him a chance to earn the money they wasted on him. The same is true for Marquis. Hoover and Desclafani have options, but I think they want to keep Iglesias stretched out and starting. Makes sense to move him to the pen.

I'd rather see Iglesias in the MLB pen the first half to conserve innings and possibly stretched out around the All Star break to replace one of the two that aren't going to give the Reds 200+ innings- Marquis and Desclafani. Iglesias won't give 200+ this year either, so there needs to be a plan to finish the season. Iglesias and Lorenzen would look like the most likely candidates to replace the first two starters to go down. They seemed to have given up on Holmberg, Corcino, and the older group of prospects.

DeSclafani had a solid debut yesterday. I'm sure you guys watched the game but for those that didn't, he probably should've had only one ER. With 2 outs, Cozart was indecisive on whether to flip it to BP for a force out or throw out Harrison at 1st. Harrison hustled down the line, was called safe, and a run crossed the plate. He looks like he has pretty good stuff and was fairly efficient with a pitch count at 73 through 6 innings. At this point, until DeSclafani implodes or unless Marquis is this years Alfredo Simon, Marquis might be the odd man out once Homer comes back. I'm anxious to see how Iglesias pitches against the birds tomorrow.

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last I saw, Price had flipped it to let Cueto pitch Saturday against Wacha and Iglesias will go Sunday. Reds won't face Wainwright this series, so that's maybe a break.

wvu_man

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last I saw, Price had flipped it to let Cueto pitch Saturday against Wacha and Iglesias will go Sunday. Reds won't face Wainwright this series, so that's maybe a break.

I didn't know that John...Thanks for the heads up! And yes, not facing Wainwright this time and starting JC vs Wacha could be what wins the series for us this weekend

Hit-n-Run

Go Reds!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Reds are going to miss Lance Lynn also which is another break. It's the Cards 3-4-5 versus the Reds 5-1-3 SP with Leake not being a true number two...might be generous calling him a number three. May not make a difference, but it sure doesn't hurt the home team's chances missing the Cards top two SP.

A valid point WV on the Cozart's indecision costing a run. Todd Frazier misplayed a ball Wednesday that cost them a run as well. Neither play resulted in a error from the Official Scorer and were charged as earned runs, but in both cases the pitcher did his job inducing the ground ball. Cingrani was the pitcher on the Frazier miscue of the potential third out and Badenhop gave up a ground ball single that allowed the run to score. But as John pointed out, Badenhop did what he is supposed to do by getting the ground ball, it just found a hole. The Reds ' defence is outstanding normally, but it does happen. Official Scorers are generally biased toward protecting the stats that the home team is best at. A pitcher battling for the ERA crown and it's a error, a fielder vying for a gold glove and it's a hit. Bullshit either way.

Desclafani pitched well, if there's one trend that's going to hurt him at GABP it's the fly balls and walks. Fly ball pitchers give up a lot of HR's at GABP and if accompanied with a BB it' s a crooked number. Here's to hoping ooposing teams hit solo HR's and the ones with ducks on the pond are from the good guys.

Most medical advances, especially prescription related ones come with pros and cons. Physicians weigh the good versus the bad and life goes on. I'm sorry to hear that you won't be eligible for the 2016 Olympics John. You had a good Fairfield career though and you'll have to rest on your laurels from there. You have a good dry sense of humor and I have a healthy appreciation of that. You mentioned some time back about a St. Louis Browns story you were working on. How's that going?

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Browns story was part of a time-travel novel that I finished. I have never put much effort into trying to get it published. Honestly, the fun is writing it; the rest is work. It's in raw manuscript form. I didn't even send it off to the editor, though maybe someday I might. All I know, from looking at the documents on that season, the last two weeks would have been one of the most exciting times to be alive, even though it was during the war. To be a Browns fan in 1944 was as good as it was ever going to get.