• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Obi Melifonwu

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the 2nd maybe. Physically he's a freak but his negatives are all too much to ignore for a first rounder. Too many mental/football IQ deficiencies for me to take in the first.

DALLAScornhusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's got off the charts athleticism, but he doesn't pop off the screen when you watch tape. Worse yet, his highlights are not impressive. He'd be best used as a strong safety, but this year there are several guys better than him at that position. If you draft him, you better not be expecting Tarzan performance on the field. 4th round?

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please provide some prospect names that you think are better. Some folks on my side need to be prepared if we don't draft him.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please provide some prospect names that you think are better. Some folks on my side need to be prepared if we don't draft him.
Its subjective. But there are rankings out there if you want scouting reports. In general most Redskins fans will say the guy you draft is the best and ours sucks:suds:

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its subjective. But there are rankings out there if you want scouting reports. In general most Redskins fans will say the guy you draft is the best and ours sucks:suds:

Lol, I was looking for cliff notes, didn't want to do the homework. I can't just say a name if I don't know his major, his criminal history, birthplace...oh and his film -- then my opinion is WRONG

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol, I was looking for cliff notes, didn't want to do the homework. I can't just say a name if I don't know his major, his criminal history, birthplace...oh and his film -- then my opinion is WRONG
Just ask Deanpet, he was spot on last season.

Ekspozed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be thrilled with him in the first, King in the second. Consider our secondary revamped.
He's got off the charts athleticism, but he doesn't pop off the screen when you watch tape. Worse yet, his highlights are not impressive. He'd be best used as a strong safety, but this year there are several guys better than him at that position. If you draft him, you better not be expecting Tarzan performance on the field. 4th round?
I envision him as the SS in this defense. I'm sure his SPARQ rating is high so he'll hopefully be high on our board. I'm much higher than you on him but to each his own. Could be the Byron Jones pick of this year, instead to tandem with him.

Give me King in the 2nd, secondary upgrade complete.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No thanks on Melifonwu in the first or second round.

The more I think about who might be available for Dallas in the 1st and 2nd round, the more I am leaning toward Tak McKinley in the 1st and Adoree Jackson in the 2nd - if they are available when Dallas picks.

McKinley looks to be one of top 3 pure pass rushers in this draft, but has some football IQ concerns. Adoree Jackson is pretty raw for a corner prospect, but is one of the best athletes in the entire draft and he gets his hands on the football a lot - also probably the best kick returner in the draft.

If this plan were to play out, maybe grab SS Justin Evans in the 3rd? Then consider the secondary fixed.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
, maybe grab SS Justin Evans

That's the player I want over all the rest of the SS group
I also like Jackson
Im not sold on any of the "2nd" tier Pass rushers
The kid out of Youngstown Rivers and Kpassanon from Villanova are interesting later in the draft

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the player I want over all the rest of the SS group
I also like Jackson
Im not sold on any of the "2nd" tier Pass rushers
The kid out of Youngstown Rivers and Kpassanon from Villanova are interesting later in the draft

Just curious what you're saying here? McKinley is a 2nd tier pass rusher in this class? I have to disagree with that, if that is what you're saying. As far as a pure pass rusher, Garrett may be the only better "pass rusher" in this class. McKinley gets to the QB, a lot. Look at what McKinley did against Utah and Garrett Bolles this past season - Bolles is probably the best OT in this draft and he got destroyed.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well we can agree to disagree
McKinley is 2nd tier IMHO but that's just my opinion
good player well that depends but in every draft only about 15-20 players have a true first round grade I just don't think he has the it factor along with Harris and Charlton but again that's just my take

Opinions vary that's why we have chocolate strawberry vanilla and Mango ice cream just to name a few

:suds:

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't really comment on players I don't see a ton of live and don't believe in watching highlights as a way to rate a player because it's often totally out of context, so I really have no comment on him. But 116 tackles and a guy that seems taylor made to sit back deep and go sideline to sideline seems like a good combination for this team paired with Jones, especially if we are weak at CB. I'm giving our scouts and Garrett the benefit of the doubt based on recent drafts...so If the team likes him and grabs him I'll be kind of excited with the potential upside. I'll also be fine if they pass on him because they agree with what you outlined above.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No thanks on Melifonwu in the first or second round.

The more I think about who might be available for Dallas in the 1st and 2nd round, the more I am leaning toward Tak McKinley in the 1st and Adoree Jackson in the 2nd - if they are available when Dallas picks.

McKinley looks to be one of top 3 pure pass rushers in this draft, but has some football IQ concerns. Adoree Jackson is pretty raw for a corner prospect, but is one of the best athletes in the entire draft and he gets his hands on the football a lot - also probably the best kick returner in the draft.

If this plan were to play out, maybe grab SS Justin Evans in the 3rd? Then consider the secondary fixed.
I'm not a combine or stop watch guy, but Interesting that he promises to run a 4.4 at the combine and then runs a 4.6...I guess that could be an IQ issue because it was kind of dumb.

not that there is anything wrong with a 4.59 of course...

Ekspozed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO Takk would be just like Lawrence in this defense. Maybe with a higher motor but lower IQ.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not a combine or stop watch guy, but Interesting that he promises to run a 4.4 at the combine and then runs a 4.6...I guess that could be an IQ issue because it was kind of dumb.

not that there is anything wrong with a 4.59 of course...

At the combine, if you watched McKinley in the field drills, you would see he seems to guess a bit, and was wrong quite a few times - it was a pretty embarrassing showing if you ask me. Just watching him, to me, Takk looks like a guy you point at the QB and tell him to "go get him". Probably a situational pass rusher at first, and maybe that's it. But the guy can definitely get after the QB with consistent pressures.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO Takk would be just like Lawrence in this defense. Maybe with a higher motor but lower IQ.

I don't think Lawrence is anywhere near as explosive as Takk McKinley. JMHO

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At the combine, if you watched McKinley in the field drills, you would see he seems to guess a bit, and was wrong quite a few times - it was a pretty embarrassing showing if you ask me. Just watching him, to me, Takk looks like a guy you point at the QB and tell him to "go get him". Probably a situational pass rusher at first, and maybe that's it. But the guy can definitely get after the QB with consistent pressures.
I don't have a problem with a guy if he is a situational pass rusher at first. I think it even helps with the young guys to play them in specialty roles as it simplifies what they need to learn a little. We rotate anyway, so if a guy can contribute in some facet of the game I'm all for it and if that is pass rushing then even better.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't have a problem with a guy if he is a situational pass rusher at first. I think it even helps with the young guys to play them in specialty roles as it simplifies what they need to learn a little. We rotate anyway, so if a guy can contribute in some facet of the game I'm all for it and if that is pass rushing then even better.

Perfectly fine with me. Lack of pressure on 3rd down is what kills us, routinely. If Takk can help solve that problem, then he is worth #28 IMO.

I see an "Aldon Smith" type player in McKinley - without the off-field issues. Dallas could really use a player like that.

DALLAScornhusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't really comment on players I don't see a ton of live and don't believe in watching highlights as a way to rate a player because it's often totally out of context, so I really have no comment on him. But 116 tackles and a guy that seems taylor made to sit back deep and go sideline to sideline seems like a good combination for this team paired with Jones, especially if we are weak at CB. I'm giving our scouts and Garrett the benefit of the doubt based on recent drafts...so If the team likes him and grabs him I'll be kind of excited with the potential upside. I'll also be fine if they pass on him because they agree with what you outlined above.
I watched what youtube has for game film (Conn VS Virginia 2016, Conn VS Houston 2016). Both show what he is, a lanky guy who can run. He is a drag down tackler, not physical getting the guy to the ground, unless he lines it up perfectly on the run. Conn played almost exclusively cover 2, and they weren't a very good defense, so he ended up with a high tackle number. He can't take on a block and still engage in the play. Has a good motor and is always trying to get to the play, but lines up 20 yards off the ball on most occasions. He doesn't have a feel for the play, or the routes being run. Waits to react. The few great plays he makes were because he was in the right spot to come up to make the hit. Only time I got to see him man up on someone, he let a 10-12 yard out catch it for a first down. On another play he had a guy played well in the middle of the field and grabbed him anyway drawing the flag.
After watching him, he doesn't play like a SS to me. He plays more like a FS. Sorry, he just looks like a guy to me. There are a few other SS type guys I'd rather have: Adams, Jones, Evans, Peppers, Baker just to name a few.