• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Obi Melifonwu

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really like Bubba Baker at 28. Might be a tough call should Taco Charlton still be on the board

DALLAScornhusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really like Bubba Baker at 28. Might be a tough call should Taco Charlton still be on the board
I'm in the Baker corner. Taco needs someone to point out what he should do (play physical) on every play and no more finesse. Finesse works if you have the nimble feet and speed to make a punch miss. He does not have that, so he needs to give that up. I'd rather have Harris on this defense, but he may not make it to us. But Baker all day over Taco for me.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched what youtube has for game film (Conn VS Virginia 2016, Conn VS Houston 2016). Both show what he is, a lanky guy who can run. He is a drag down tackler, not physical getting the guy to the ground, unless he lines it up perfectly on the run. Conn played almost exclusively cover 2, and they weren't a very good defense, so he ended up with a high tackle number. He can't take on a block and still engage in the play. Has a good motor and is always trying to get to the play, but lines up 20 yards off the ball on most occasions. He doesn't have a feel for the play, or the routes being run. Waits to react. The few great plays he makes were because he was in the right spot to come up to make the hit. Only time I got to see him man up on someone, he let a 10-12 yard out catch it for a first down. On another play he had a guy played well in the middle of the field and grabbed him anyway drawing the flag.
After watching him, he doesn't play like a SS to me. He plays more like a FS. Sorry, he just looks like a guy to me. There are a few other SS type guys I'd rather have: Adams, Jones, Evans, Peppers, Baker just to name a few.
Thanks for the info. From what I've read I assumed a FS, not a SS. For us it really doesn't matter as much as for some teams the way we play it. If we play more like we did last year with the SS in the box more we do need that type. But in prior years (before Jones at FS) we basically sat both deep anyway.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm in the Baker corner. Taco needs someone to point out what he should do (play physical) on every play and no more finesse. Finesse works if you have the nimble feet and speed to make a punch miss. He does not have that, so he needs to give that up. I'd rather have Harris on this defense, but he may not make it to us. But Baker all day over Taco for me.

I don't see it with Taco. Very hard to turn a guy into a physical player when he's not that already.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Taco won't make it past 20. Baker interesting. Fabian moreau from UCLA very underrated and fills a need and would be a steal at 28.. I say sign Witten through 2018 and fill the holes on defense. I just have a feeling that we take a TE early. If that Villanova DE is sitting there at 60 take him

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would take tj watt over mckinnley. Watt is going to end up as a great player

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am going to be excited to see/read about whomever we take in the first 4 or 5 rounds in Camp/preseason. I never assume much year 1 production from rookies because contrary to some of our recent successes it's tough sometimes no matter how early the pick, but I think there are enough holes on this team that our needs and BPA will align long term. It may not be year 1, but eventually...and you don't draft for 2017, you draft to have the player the next 5 or 10 years. So that is why I really don't care too much about position. Free agency is supposed to fill your immediate needs and the draft your long term needs. Starting next year when we finally get out form under the Romo cap albatross we should be able to do that again. So maybe we take a step back this year (which is fine off of 13 wins) and then step it up again in 2018.

Ekspozed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I view him in the Church role, with more range. Will be able to swap TE with Jones, Brings speed and sideline to sideline ability.

He can tackle pretty well, and will get pass defends by getting there so fast with his length.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those of you looking for Baker at 28. Are you concerned about his size? He is going to struggle with TEs and TEs are becoming play makers weekly. We do have Jones to fill that role, so for us it's a little less important than for some teams of course. I do like the fact that this kid just seems like a hard nosed Football player and I like the fact that he can play deep CF if needed. With our corners (if we don't improve them greatly) having two safeties with the ability to help out while the ball is in the air would be big. Just not sure I see this kid as a first rounder. I'm torn.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would take tj watt over mckinnley. Watt is going to end up as a great player

I'd be okay with TJ Watt.

Another guy I like is Hasson Reddick. He could help Dallas in a few different ways - early down SLB in base 4-3, edge rusher in sub packages.

McKinley is the guy at the back end of the 1st round who, IMO, is most likely to affect the QB on a consistent basis.

This is a very talented draft. I'm confident Dallas will end up with someone who can help the team. Lots of potential good fits. This is where McClay earns his money. I'm excited!

Last edited:

DALLAScornhusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those of you looking for Baker at 28. Are you concerned about his size? He is going to struggle with TEs and TEs are becoming play makers weekly. We do have Jones to fill that role, so for us it's a little less important than for some teams of course. I do like the fact that this kid just seems like a hard nosed Football player and I like the fact that he can play deep CF if needed. With our corners (if we don't improve them greatly) having two safeties with the ability to help out while the ball is in the air would be big. Just not sure I see this kid as a first rounder. I'm torn.
I'll answer. He's essentially the same size as Earl Thomas. He doesn't play small nor does he tackle like a smaller player. He throws his body around, and that is the only negative I can use against him. Now, if he was 2 inches taller and weighed more, we wouldn't be seeing him at pick 28. I was hoping he would fall a bit so we could get him later, but it seems he has many teams that like him. In an ideal world, he would play slot or FS, and that very well could happen still. But having his speed and anticipation skill on the field is more important than having a clear cut defined role IMO.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kiper has us mocked to take jabril peppers. We don't need another lsu bust. Kiper is such a dbag

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll answer. He's essentially the same size as Earl Thomas. He doesn't play small nor does he tackle like a smaller player. He throws his body around, and that is the only negative I can use against him. Now, if he was 2 inches taller and weighed more, we wouldn't be seeing him at pick 28. I was hoping he would fall a bit so we could get him later, but it seems he has many teams that like him. In an ideal world, he would play slot or FS, and that very well could happen still. But having his speed and anticipation skill on the field is more important than having a clear cut defined role IMO.
Yeah, I get all that. Just have trouble seeing him as BPA at that time and I love this type of player. If we go there I'll be very happy. If we pass I'll be fine too. I'm trusting the team at this point until they prove I shouldn't again...

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the way, I totally agree with what you are saying and think there is a chance he ends up here which is why I was looking for some more info from those that liked him..

lankdogg84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope we land TJ Watt. Someone that plays hard every play and rarely makes bad judgement calls on or off the field. He could strengthen our LB core or beef up a bit and be a DE. Also if he falls to us I would love it if Mike Williams were a Cowboy. Just think about actually having a reliable number two WR on this team. Also a 1A if Dez were lost to an injury. Terrance Williams is an average WR who doesn't step it up when Dez is off of the field. With Wiiliams our offense would be unstoppable. You couldn't double Dez or Williams. They would both have freedom to beat their one on one coverage. Defenses then can't really stack the box to stop Zeke. Defenses would have to pick stopping the run or playing the pass. Beasley and Witten would kill it over the middle of the field too.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm leary of TJ Watt, I'm afraid he's overrated because of his brother.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't see Williams making it to 28

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm leary of TJ Watt, I'm afraid he's overrated because of his brother.

I am no draft guru, but I watched a bit of him last year. That kid can fucking ball. He is like Lee, always right where the ball was. I would love to have him on team. I think our needs are more a SS and not another LB but he is a kid it seems any one would want on their team.