• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Now that Nedo's gone, who replaces him?

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do we need another 13th body to warm the bench?

Will that just mean Macadoo dresses? Craft gets garbage time? Will Dubs reach out to Kapano / next available Shooter?

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My sneaking suspicion is that the spot will remain open for the time being. The only options may be to sign another non-guaranteed contract for a few months then release him. I would think the Warriors may go after Jermaine O'Neal or maybe another guard. If the Warriors remain a competitive top seed, they may even be able to throw their hat in the ring for Ray Allen.

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My sneaking suspicion is that the spot will remain open for the time being. The only options may be to sign another non-guaranteed contract for a few months then release him. I would think the Warriors may go after Jermaine O'Neal or maybe another guard. If the Warriors remain a competitive top seed, they may even be able to throw their hat in the ring for Ray Allen.

Kuzmic had a decent preseason / SL though, I think between FE and Kuz, we have enough of a defensive presence there.

We need more of the instant offense off the bench, maybe another facilitator? Livingston provides the defense for sure, but still hasn't gotten into the flow in terms of distributing the ball.

I don't expect an allstar with our next pick up, but seems like we need help.

D.Lee coming back in a few weeks should help, but the Dubs need fix this trend with the last few games (losses)

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kuzmic had a decent preseason / SL though, I think between FE and Kuz, we have enough of a defensive presence there.

We need more of the instant offense off the bench, maybe another facilitator? Livingston provides the defense for sure, but still hasn't gotten into the flow in terms of distributing the ball.

I don't expect an allstar with our next pick up, but seems like we need help.

D.Lee coming back in a few weeks should help, but the Dubs need fix this trend with the last few games (losses)

The reason JO makes sense for me is his ability to score and play with the ball in his hands. We've seen already that Kerr has had to pull Ezeli because of his inability to do anything on the offensive end. JO isn't a slouch either defensively. He would provide a big upgrade for the bigs.

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The reason JO makes sense for me is his ability to score and play with the ball in his hands. We've seen already that Kerr has had to pull Ezeli because of his inability to do anything on the offensive end. JO isn't a slouch either defensively. He would provide a big upgrade for the bigs.

How much does JO have left? I haven't seen much of him since Fatman Davis decided to go MMA on his leg.

Has anyone seen him even doing anything remotely athletic since then?

At most, I say he gives us 10 mins a night, would he be an upgrade vs Kuz? Debatable.

Would we benefit more from a scorer/shooter type? Maybe.

Not saying JO wouldn't be a good option, I would like to have him for the Playoff run, but the thing is we need to bridge the gap between now and then.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How much does JO have left? I haven't seen much of him since Fatman Davis decided to go MMA on his leg.

Has anyone seen him even doing anything remotely athletic since then?

At most, I say he gives us 10 mins a night, would he be an upgrade vs Kuz? Debatable.

Would we benefit more from a scorer/shooter type? Maybe.

Not saying JO wouldn't be a good option, I would like to have him for the Playoff run, but the thing is we need to bridge the gap between now and then.

C'mon. Of course he would be an upgrade over Kuz. He's an offensive upgrade over Ezeli, though not defensively, but even that is close. He's a good freethrow shooting big. At worst he provides match up problems against certain teams.

We may benefit from a scorer, but the pickings are slim on the free agent market. There's not really anyone dynamic out there who you can say "go get us a bucket".

I'd choose Ray Allen over JO, but JO over most anyone else. Emeka Okafor is still out there, but not sure if he'd be of much help since he hasn't played in a few years. Also don't know how he's recovered from injuries.

I would say let ride the season out and sign JO midway through the season. Let him play sparingly and save him for the playoff push and the playoffs.

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
C'mon. Of course he would be an upgrade over Kuz. He's an offensive upgrade over Ezeli, though not defensively, but even that is close. He's a good freethrow shooting big. At worst he provides match up problems against certain teams.

We may benefit from a scorer, but the pickings are slim on the free agent market. There's not really anyone dynamic out there who you can say "go get us a bucket".

I'd choose Ray Allen over JO, but JO over most anyone else. Emeka Okafor is still out there, but not sure if he'd be of much help since he hasn't played in a few years. Also don't know how he's recovered from injuries.

I would say let ride the season out and sign JO midway through the season. Let him play sparingly and save him for the playoff push and the playoffs.

There's alot of miles on that body. The guy hasn't played any NBA Ball since the playoffs ended? He hasn't participated in camp or SL. Not saying he wasn't the man back in the day, but Father time catches up to everyone.

If JO was still able to produce, I think he would have been on a NBA roster to start the season.

Also JO doesn't exactly mesh with or new motion offense. His best strengths were his 1v1 Iso's. Is that what we really want on our 2nd unit? :scratch:

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's alot of miles on that body. The guy hasn't played any NBA Ball since the playoffs ended? He hasn't participated in camp or SL. Not saying he wasn't the man back in the day, but Father time catches up to everyone.

If JO was still able to produce, I think he would have been on a NBA roster to start the season.

Also JO doesn't exactly mesh with or new motion offense. His best strengths were his 1v1 Iso's. Is that what we really want on our 2nd unit? :scratch:

I obviously have no concrete evidence, but I would assume that if JO had an intention to play, there would be numerous teams willing to take him on. With the amount of tread left on his tires, it's not surprising he's not on a roster to start the year. He doesn't need to be.

You're right that his best strength is the iso 1 on 1. For some reason Mark Jackson has instilled in everyone that the isolation play is a terrible play. It is when you keep dumping it down there hoping for different results all the time. When used occasionally, it can be highly effective. It would be a luxury to throw the ball down to JO and give the rest of the offense a slight reprieve.

He wouldn't need 10 touches a game. If he can play at last years level and give 12 minutes during the stretch run and during the playoffs that could potentially put the team over the top.

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Telfair was cut by OKC? Livingston has done a good job and Barbosa has also, but the added depth could help later on.

Not sure about the back story, but Telfair would be an upgrade vs Nedo. From all reports, he worked on his outside jumper and looked solid when Dubs played OKC earlier on this year.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that we should develop Ezeli. It's the only way to get better.....give him some playing time. Also, hire someone to help him work on some offensive moves. Someone like Jabbar or Olajawan, or Ewing. Bogut is not your typical big, if you ask me, so he's not a good person to learn offensive moves from. Normally a big has some form of jump shot or spin moves down low (think Olajawan or Ewing). Ezeli's moves aren't very refined. With a good bit of work he could be much better.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Telfair was cut by OKC? Livingston has done a good job and Barbosa has also, but the added depth could help later on.

Not sure about the back story, but Telfair would be an upgrade vs Nedo. From all reports, he worked on his outside jumper and looked solid when Dubs played OKC earlier on this year.

Seems weird to say but the team has 'too much' depth as it stands, especially when Lee comes back.

Greg's idea to make existing players like Ezeli better is a good one.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that we should develop Ezeli. It's the only way to get better.....give him some playing time. Also, hire someone to help him work on some offensive moves. Someone like Jabbar or Olajawan, or Ewing. Bogut is not your typical big, if you ask me, so he's not a good person to learn offensive moves from. Normally a big has some form of jump shot or spin moves down low (think Olajawan or Ewing). Ezeli's moves aren't very refined. With a good bit of work he could be much better.

Ezeli's problem isn't a lack of post moves, it's a lack of actual ball skills. He has only been playing basketball a short while, which is what most people seem to overlook. He has hands of stone. He can't be trusted with the ball in his hands. In the pick and roll they can't trust him with a pass to take it to the basket. Ezeli just doesn't have very good instincts with the ball either at this point.

I think hiring a guy to help him develop post moves is putting the cart before the horse. He needs someone to help him develop adequate ball skills first before ever trusting him with any sort of post moves. Ezeli has a decent touch, but you need to be able to trust him to not turn the ball over first in order to give him more to process.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He (Ezeli) does have hands of stone and perhaps Kerr or even Curry can come up with some drills that he can do to help him get better hands. I imagine they are doing something to make his hands softer, etc., but I wonder if they're making a strong enough effort.

I understand what you say about putting a bunch of new moves onto him when that's not his biggest weakness. Ezeli probably needs to take it upon himself to work on both of these issues, hands and moves. His moves are not slick at all. It would be good if and when his hands get better if he had a better array of moves and shots.

rayhl111

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Festus might have small hands. That doesn't help.

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Festus might have small hands. That doesn't help.

Festus just tries to do too much. He should watch Bogut on the block, makes 1 or 2 moves, and then goes up with his shot.

FE tries to dribble 5 times, bake a cake , tell a story to the ball boy, spin around then turns it over everytime.

If we expect FE to be Hakeem, they he will fail. If we expect FE to just rebound and play defense, they he can have success.