• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NOT IN PLUMLEE'S HOUSE!!

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1926768_274742446037214_6448887269010076525_n.jpg

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A couple of interesting points:

-The block was clean.

-Plumlee's left hand creating contact is not*.

-Plumlee got the benefit of the doubt over LBJ...and people want to bitch about LBJ getting anything he doesn't deserve.

-Joe Johnson committed the 1st foul on the play...which led to LBJ controlling the shot almost solely with his right hand rather than using 2 or his left and this is what allowed Plumlee to have any kind of position on LBJs dunk.

*LBJ's launch looked short. LBJ 2 foot launching from inside the the restricted area and he barely gets his left hand on the rim? That screams illegal contact.

VIDEO: Nets win on Plumlee block of LeBron James - CBSSports.com

"Now, further replays showed that Joe Johnson reached in on James and fouled him before, and Plumlee uses his off-arm to create contact as James is coming in. Those were missed calls, but the actual block looks clean."

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A couple of days from now it will look like a clean block. A week from now it will also look like a clean block. A year from now it will still be a clean block.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know what's funnier, the block or the Heat fans crying it was a foul.

I wonder if Lebron has tried to have "his people" confiscate this video too?

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The block was clean. The refs got that right.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Very clean block but I am SHOCKED they didn't call a foul on the play since it's LeBron

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mason is the most athletic 6'11" white guy you'll ever see. He's strong, runs the floor like a gazelle, and has like a 36" vertical leap too. LBJ is lucky he doesn't have a new reversed Spalding tattoo on his forehead.

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The block was clean...barely. He did get fouled before that which is what Heat fans are saying.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The block was clean. The refs got that right.

Then stfu!

Since yall want to nitpick this one play, lets talk about the many times Lebron doesn't get fouled, but the refs call it because he is Lebron.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very clean block but I am SHOCKED they didn't call a foul on the play since it's LeBron

This is a standard thought because how often does the benefit of the doubt go to the rookie over the best player in the world?

Johnson barely touched him though

Plumlee also fouled him with his left hand before his right hand was ever near the ball. I admit both are minor ish calls but are still fouls and often called or considered missed calls.

Bottom line consistency and refereeing are polar opposites.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The block was clean...barely. He did get fouled before that which is what Heat fans are saying.

No he didn't. There is nothing in the video that shows him getting fouled. IF anyone was fouled on that play it was Rashard Lewis just before he passed back to Lebron. Even that is questionable.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The call could've gone either way and I wouldn't blame the ref.

IMO, swallowing the whistle on anything less than a clear and obvious foul in the final seconds is not a bad way to go.

Gutsy move by Plumlee and well done.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For all the contact Lebron gets away with using his off arm on drives to the basket, Heat fans shouldn't be bitching about Plumlee's off arm hardly being a factor on that play. It's not like Plumlee extended it out trying to keep Lebron away from the rim. Joe Johnson looked like he got him a bit though.

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plumlee also fouled him with his left hand before his right hand was ever near the ball. I admit both are minor ish calls but are still fouls and often called or considered missed calls.

That is also not a foul if you don't extend your arm. And from the video, it doesn't look like he does.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will say that the ferocity with which LeBron haters pounce on the slightest trickle of blood in the water is a bit embarrassing.

(Not really talking about this thread, specifically, just in general)

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No he didn't. There is nothing in the video that shows him getting fouled. IF anyone was fouled on that play it was Rashard Lewis just before he passed back to Lebron. Even that is questionable.

This is your bias eyes, Johnson clearly reaches in and gets nothing but forearm.

That is also not a foul if you don't extend your arm. And from the video, it doesn't look like he does.

I haven't read the rule book and am just going by the CBS article. If the NBA releases a statement on that play I would not be surprised if they find no fault on Plumlee or any other outcome.

I will say that the ferocity with which LeBron haters pounce on the slightest trickle of blood in the water is a bit embarrassing.

(Not really talking about this thread, specifically, just in general)

They have to take what they can get and it isn't much. Honestly it just seems sad to constantly be rooting for something bad to happen, why not just enjoy the good things? #hatermentality

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For all the contact Lebron gets away with using his off arm on drives to the basket, Heat fans shouldn't be bitching about Plumlee's off arm hardly being a factor on that play.

Offensive players get away with a lot, including LBJ but that is much more consistent player to player.

As for Plumlee's hand not being a factor I am going to disagree. I revert to 2 examples of LBJ being in Plumlee's position*.

-2012 Finals LBJ guarding KD gently rests a forearm on KDs Dirk knee jump shot, even if ever so slightly, it either effects KDs lift, balance or just distracts him enough for him to miss a 7ish foot jumper.

-Earlier this year LBJ on George in the final seconds LBJ ever so gently caress's the small of George's back on a 3p attempt that does enough to cause George to air ball the attempt.

In both of those instances it was not enough to be a blatant call because it looks like nothing but when a 6' 9" 275 pound man craftily applies pressure to an air born mass it has an effect.

Now I go to Plumlee. He doesn't do a ton but he applies pressure to an airborn mass and it has an effect. How could it not? LBJ 2 foot launches with 1 foot inside the restricted area to barely reach the rim by his standards. Should it have been called? Probably not, but it has an effect on the outcome of the play.

*This makes me realize the call on Plumlee is much more consistent than I gave it credit for.