• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Nos' 5th Annual NFL Mock Draft : CHAT

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like the Darnold is the most like Dak. Mobility, medium arm strength, struggled heavily when pressured but had a good excuse.

Mayfield to me is like Goff. Successful but in a college system and he'll have to learn to be a pro. So yeah...I agree about the good team part. With both him and Darnold.

Rosen will be good if he stays healthy. The Doctors will decide his draft stock best as I can tell.

Jackson could be the best of the bunch but like Mayfield he should probably sit a year and like Rosen he'll have to worry about staying healthy because running QBs don't last.

I think its an exciting QB class as someone who isn't sweating bullets knowing that one of these QBs is coming my team's way :peep:
Aside from an inexperienced line. The two things that were most frustrating with Darnold. The blind center may have been better than their starting center. You'll notice through the majority of SC games. Darnold spent a lot of time having to jump to pull the snaps down last year. May not seem like much but the high snaps effected the exchanges on hand offs. His timing to set and go through progressions especially under pressure. And his ability to move and improvise which may be his strongest points.

The other thing that was really frustrating as an SC fan. Was the WR's. If you watch the ints. A lot of them were very catchable balls. That went off the WRs and TEs hands. And deflectd up to the dbacks. Jalen Green and Tyler Petit did this a lot. Petit settled down a bit and it helped when Bebe returned from injury. And it helped when Pittman and Vaughns stepped in at WR to compliment Burnett.

I love Tee especially when it comes to recruiting. But his play calling put SC behind the 8 ball a lot last year. No idea why he abondobed the run when Rojo and Carr were moving the chains. And went pass heavy last year.

Darnold does need some work tho. I would like to see him tighten up his throwing motion. And he did try to force the ball at times. He does need to learn just because he can make the tight throws. Sometimes it's just not worth the risk. I've got Darnold, Mayfield and Allen top 3 in no order. With Jackson as a possible dark horse with the right fit. Tbh I wouldn't want to see any of the 4 on KC for obvious reasons....Raiders fan :did: Saw a lot of Rosen I'm just really weary on Rosen. Tbh I think you have a better QB in Mahomes

Last edited:

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aside from an inexperienced line. The two things that were most frustrating with Darnold. The blind center may have been better than their starting center. You'll notice through the majority of SC games. Darnold spent a lot of time having to jump to pull the snaps down last year. May not seem like much but the high snaps effected the exchanges on hand offs. His timing to set and go through progressions especially under pressure. And his ability to move and improvise which may be his strongest points.

The other thing that was really frustrating as an SC fan. Was the WR's. If you watch the ints. A lot of them were very catchable balls. That went off the WRs and TEs hands. And deflectd up to the dbacks. Jalen Green and Tyler Petit did this a lot. Petit settled down a bit and it helped when Bebe returned from injury. And it helped when Pittman and Vaughns stepped in at WR to compliment Burnett.

I love Tee especially when it comes to recruiting. But his play calling put SC behind the 8 ball a lot last year. No idea why he abondobed the run when Rojo and Carr were moving the chains. And went pass heavy last year.

Darnold does need some work tho. I would like to see him tighten up his throwing motion. And he did try to force the ball at times. He does need to learn just because he can make the tight throws. Sometimes it's just not worth the risk. I've got Darnold, Mayfield and Allen top 3 in no order. With Jackson as a possible dark horse with the right fit. Tbh I wouldn't want to see any of the 4 on KC for obvious reasons....Raiders fan :did: Saw a lot of Rosen I'm just really weary on Rosen. Tbh I think you have a better QB in Mahomes
Allen and Jackson are in the same boat with me. If you can't be accurate then you're just Jake Locker and out of the league in a couple of years. I think they'll sink to the bottom of the first round and have a chance to maybe sit behind Hall of Famers.

Darnold is either Dak or Bortles. I wouldn't be comfortable with him #1 but probably top 10.

The film on Rosen is the best. I'm just not sure where he is at with everything not film related which with QBs...is a lot. To me, he is either #1 overall or a 2nd rounder and it just depends on things like health, disposition, etc. Am I getting Phillip Rivers or Jay Cutler?

Mayfield should sit a year but I wouldn't bet against him. I think he is perfect for the Giants so he is probably my highest rated simply at #2 overall.

Obviously this could change

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Allen and Jackson are in the same boat with me. If you can't be accurate then you're just Jake Locker and out of the league in a couple of years. I think they'll sink to the bottom of the first round and have a chance to maybe sit behind Hall of Famers.

Darnold is either Dak or Bortles. I wouldn't be comfortable with him #1 but probably top 10.

The film on Rosen is the best. I'm just not sure where he is at with everything not film related which with QBs...is a lot. To me, he is either #1 overall or a 2nd rounder and it just depends on things like health, disposition, etc. Am I getting Phillip Rivers or Jay Cutler?

Mayfield should sit a year but I wouldn't bet against him. I think he is perfect for the Giants so he is probably my highest rated simply at #2 overall.

Obviously this could change
Darnolds turn overs are actually a little over blown by certain outlets.Watch Jalen Greene #10 his reaction after the pick off his hands. Were he maybe shouldn't have quit on the play and maybe tried to make a tackle after his mistake. It's pretty much the same reaction SC fans had when they saw the ball headed his way. A lot of the picks were on the WR's

giphy.gif

Even removing the fact I dislike UCLA by nature. I did see a lot of Rosen. His Wr's were very under rated. Lasley made Rosen look good. The red flags with Rosen.

Off the field he kinda has that Kaep aspect. Where he likes to use his position to make political statements. And Rosen has been cited as a cancer in the Bruins locker room on multiple occasions. On the field he seems to only play when he wants too. He has had a lot of injuries some of which have been directly questioned by the press. My biggest concerns is if the injuries were not legit that questions his desire to compete. If the injuries are legit. They occurred what is normally a routine hit on the college level. Which makes you question his durability. And how that will translate on the NFL level. Where defenses are faster and the hits are a lot more brutal.

Thats not to say any of the QB's will pan out in the NFL. Its always a gamble. Based on what I've seen there's just too much risk around Rosen for me.Too much of a Gamble early in the draft for my liking.But thats just my opinion.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Darnolds turn overs are actually a little over blown by certain outlets.Watch Jalen Greene #10 his reaction after the pick off his hands. Were he maybe shouldn't have quit on the play and maybe tried to make a tackle after his mistake. It's pretty much the same reaction SC fans had when they saw the ball headed his way. A lot of the picks were on the WR's

giphy.gif
Watching the Youtube Video shows a lot of things.

Lots of backfoot throws. Mahomes did this, too, as did Carr but I wonder if Darnold has the same level of arm to get away with it. Darnolds almost seems by design like he starts off out of position and throws the other way to trick the defense. Those sideline passes are almost painfully slow looking. One way play he actually does a jump pass. None of this stuff projects to the NFL because you can't reliably jump pass no matter how good you are.

His wide receivers actually make 3 incredible diving catches by my count. Darnold is also behind his receivers a couple of times. I'm not sure where is accuracy is based on this one game but again...that footwork is just wrong. I can see why he is jumpy because his Center gets totally beasted on one play but its hard to look at film and gain any level of projection. The NFL guys are going to have to mold him out of clay. He doesn't even make a deep pass until the last play in the highlight and his receiver beat his guy by 3 steps for an easy pitch an catch.

Its an entire highlight of a game and I don't see more than a couple of plays that look 'NFL' to me. Still, he beat Texas with the passing game so that counts for something.

Last edited:

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching the Youtube Video shows a lot of things.

Lots of backfoot throws. Mahomes did this, too, as did Carr but I wonder if Darnold has the same level of arm to get away with it. Darnolds almost seems by design like he starts off out of position and throws the other way to trick the defense. Those sideline passes are almost painfully slow looking. One way play he actually does a jump pass. None of this stuff projects to the NFL because you can't reliably jump pass no matter how good you are.

His wide receivers actually make 3 incredible diving catches by my count. Darnold is also behind his receivers a couple of times. I'm not sure where is accuracy is based on this one game but again...that footwork is just wrong. I can see why he is jumpy because his Center gets totally beasted on one play but its hard to look at film and gain any level of projection. The NFL guys are going to have to mold him out of clay. He doesn't even make a deep pass until the last play in the highlight and his receiver beat his guy by 3 steps for an easy pitch an catch.

Its an entire highlight of a game and I don't see more than a couple of plays that look 'NFL' to me. Still, he beat Texas with the passing game so that counts for something.
The Texas game isn't the best example of Darnolds skill set. That was the third game of the season behind a new oline. The majority of the diving catches would have been Burnett and Mitchell.The only two WR's left from the prior season. Bebe one of his most reliable targets was out due to an injury in camp. A portion of Darnolds problem was the center. He had a knack of consistently snapping the ball high. So instead of taking a snap and setting. He would have to jump adjust and then try to set. Darnold by nature is actually a QB that funtions better under pressure. His creativity and ability to make plays on the move is one of his strongest assets. He has extremely good arm strength.And is very accurate. I would like to see him tighten up his throwing motion and set more tho. And I do think he needs to learn to play when the game pace is slower. He has a habit of hitting another level under pressure. When he tends to struggle most is when theres a lack of pressure. You get a good example in the final quarter of this game. When he flips that switch under pressure.He's not the prototypical USC QB people are used to. Watch the USC Washington game from the year before. Or the later games last season.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rosen looks the NFL ready, besides all his off the field stuff he looks like the pick

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rosen looks the NFL ready, besides all his off the field stuff he looks like the pick
Its his on the field that I find more concerning. Could be wrong I'm just really not sure he holds up. I have Darnold and Rosen at 50/50 both could go either way. Slight edge to Darnold his ceiling is higher and his issues are correctable. I also give Mayfield and Allen an edge

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its his on the field that I find more concerning. Could be wrong I'm just really not sure he holds up. I have Darnold and Rosen at 50/50 both could go either way. Slight edge to Darnold his ceiling is higher and his issues are correctable. I also give Mayfield and Allen an edge

Yeah I wouldn’t say Rosen is the highest ceiling but he is more fundamentally sound at this point-NFL ready. Honestly, not one QB stands out. Wouldn’t mind the Browns going after a top FA guy who already has NFL experience. All those Qb’s could be busts or the opposite, who knows.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude on the Seahawks board is advocating trading Russell Wilson to Cleveland for the #1 pick and taking Allen.....

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds good to me. Russell Wilson please

I'm sure it does, but even if I were inclined to trade Wilson - it would be much more expensive than just one pick.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I wouldn’t say Rosen is the highest ceiling but he is more fundamentally sound at this point-NFL ready. Honestly, not one QB stands out. Wouldn’t mind the Browns going after a top FA guy who already has NFL experience. All those Qb’s could be busts or the opposite, who knows.
Thats the other thing you have to account for. Rosen faced very few quality defenses. And when he did face quality defenses he struggled. Rosen doesn't have any real big game competition. Funny thing is Darnold has better numbers in far less games imo. And he has room to grow where Rosen is a finished product.

In 2 years as starter Darnold has 7229 yards passing and 52 TDs

In three years as starter Rosen has 9340 passing yards and 59 TDs

Darnold actually outperformed Rosen last year. Yeah Darnold threw 13 picks. Rosen was right behind him with 10. After leaving the game against the best defense he played all year.

I agree with @blstoker Ive got Allen over both right now.

I do have Darnold over Rosen tho. More upside with darnold too much downside on Rosen

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds good to me. Russell Wilson please

Now, if you're interesting in Earl Thomas, Richard Sherman or Michael Bennett - I think we could work something out.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
34. Those extra years are called experience

Experience as in about to retire and he has a 4 year contract lol. This isn’t Tom Brady we are talking about. He could have 2 good years though.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just posted on the team forums of all the teams we don't have a GM for.

If you all know anybody here on the hoop that would be interested in taking a team and that will be active send them over here or let me know.

Thank you...