• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Nos' 5th Annual NFL Mock Draft : CHAT

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My predictions for the Browns before the draft after listening to the GM Dorsey:

#1 Sam Darnold or Josh Rosen - (Allen and Mayfield will not go to the Browns)

#4 Minkah Fitzpatrick or they trade down and still get Fitz while getting a 2nd round pick

Book it.
I would take Barkley #1, Minkah at #4 and offer Philly a couple of your 2nd's for Foles after signing Bridgewater in FA(they have the space)

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would take Barkley #1, Minkah at #4 and offer Philly a couple of your 2nd's for Foles after signing Bridgewater in FA(they have the space)

That would be the perfect scenario imo.

I would take Barkley first too but the way Dorsey was talking there is a lot of RB depth. I mean they could get Guice in the 2nd.

I don’t really think highly of any of these top QB’s to be honest

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would think they could get Darnold or Rosen later. And go with a guy like Barkley 1st imo. Barkley has looked very impressive at the combine

I agree Barkley looks special if they can pair him with a legit FA QB that would be perfect. I still want them to go Minkah at 4 though

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would be the perfect scenario imo.

I would take Barkley first too but the way Dorsey was talking there is a lot of RB depth. I mean they could get Guice in the 2nd.

I don’t really think highly of any of these top QB’s to be honest
I'm with you, I could see these QB's do OK, but I could also see all of them go bust, I don't see anyone as good as Wentz or Goff coming out. Unfortunately for the Browns, they have passed on so many good QB's that they are probably gonna take Darnold no matter what. To me, if you sign Bridgewater and trade for Foles, you are going to get solid QB play, and you are getting a potential Zeke caliber RB to pair him with. I would also consider Quenton Nelson at 4, then you would have added the two best players on the entire draft

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm with you, I could see these QB's do OK, but I could also see all of them go bust, I don't see anyone as good as Wentz or Goff coming out. Unfortunately for the Browns, they have passed on so many good QB's that they are probably gonna take Darnold no matter what. To me, if you sign Bridgewater and trade for Foles, you are going to get solid QB play, and you are getting a potential Zeke caliber RB to pair him with. I would also consider Quenton Nelson at 4, then you would have added the two best players on the entire draft

Yeah they will probably grab Darnold and get a decent FA QB.

I hope they go best available in FA, which would be FA, other than Kirk. I wouldn’t mind them grabbing a QB at 4 even though I love Minkah but Barkley is a must. He would fit perfect in the offense alongside Duke with Gordon, Coleman and Njoku. That is an explosive offense if they get a QB.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
29 reps for Barkley

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm with you, I could see these QB's do OK, but I could also see all of them go bust, I don't see anyone as good as Wentz or Goff coming out.
To be fair, we say this every year. I think I compared Goff to Matt Ryan and Wentz to Flacco so they're already overachieving my expectations from that draft. I know a lot of people who were lower on those two than I was.

Unfortunately for the Browns, they have passed on so many good QB's that they are probably gonna take Darnold no matter what.
Is Darnold the guy, though? He seemed to have a lot of issues when pressured last year. They said that about Dak, too, but thats also the issue that held back Siemian at the pro level and why the Broncos went from a Super Bowl contender to maybe the worst team in the NFL down the stretch last year.

I think Rosen and Barkley are the guys in this draft. The Wentz and Goff respectively.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair, we say this every year. I think I compared Goff to Matt Ryan and Wentz to Flacco so they're already overachieving my expectations from that draft. I know a lot of people who were lower on those two than I was.

Is Darnold the guy, though? He seemed to have a lot of issues when pressured last year. They said that about Dak, too, but thats also the issue that held back Siemian at the pro level and why the Broncos went from a Super Bowl contender to maybe the worst team in the NFL down the stretch last year.

I think Rosen and Barkley are the guys in this draft. The Wentz and Goff respectively.
I wouldn't take Darnold over Barkley...

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

SC lost the majority of their Oline in last years draft. No bye week and a lot of injuries left an already inexperienced Oline thin. At one point they were down to 3rd string offensive linemen.He also had inexperienced WR's SC lost their top 2 WRs to last years draft.A lot of the interceptions were actually on the WR's. Balls that should have been caught that went off their hands. Some Darnold was just trying to do too much.

Rosen has his faults too a lot of off the field issues. But more importantly he has a history of injury issues. He only played 6 games his sophomore season due to an injury. Left the Washington game with a finger injury. When his toughness was questioned in a presser. It was upgraded to a concussion....And he left another game vs Cal and missed their bowl game due to concussion on what looked like another routine hit.

@UK Cowboy is right. QB is kinda a crap shoot this year. But if you have to choose between the two. Do you take one with a possible judgement issue which is correctable. Or do you take the risk on a QB with injury issues including multiple concussions this past season?

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I was hoping Nelson would slide all the way down to the Vikes... lolzzz

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did 40 once...unfortunately I was 36 and my 5.2 speed didn't translate...

Damn still very impressive. Did you see Heath Evans do 45? He did it back in 2016 I think. He was in a suit and tie lol

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn still very impressive. Did you see Heath Evans do 45? He did it back in 2016 I think. He was in a suit and tie lol
He was a tank. I wasn't in a suit lol, back when I was powerlifting I did 315 for 20 and decided to drop a plate and see how many I could get. I think I could have gotten 43-44 but my pec felt like it was about to tear. I had a workout partner once that could do 515 for 10, was twice as strong as me, but he would always gas out before 40. Of course, he couldn't exactly pass the NFL's drug testing program...

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't take Darnold over Barkley...
I really fail at multitasking. I meant to say Baker Mayfield not Barkley.

Obviously Barkley is going to be a stud. It just comes down to how much of a stud.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really fail at multitasking. I meant to say Baker Mayfield not Barkley.

Obviously Barkley is going to be a stud. It just comes down to how much of a stud.
I think Mayfield could be great IF he went to a good team, as Dak did when he went to Dallas.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Mayfield could be great IF he went to a good team, as Dak did when he went to Dallas.
I feel like the Darnold is the most like Dak. Mobility, medium arm strength, struggled heavily when pressured but had a good excuse.

Mayfield to me is like Goff. Successful but in a college system and he'll have to learn to be a pro. So yeah...I agree about the good team part. With both him and Darnold.

Rosen will be good if he stays healthy. The Doctors will decide his draft stock best as I can tell.

Jackson could be the best of the bunch but like Mayfield he should probably sit a year and like Rosen he'll have to worry about staying healthy because running QBs don't last.

I think its an exciting QB class as someone who isn't sweating bullets knowing that one of these QBs is coming my team's way :peep:

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like the Darnold is the most like Dak. Mobility, medium arm strength, struggled heavily when pressured but had a good excuse.

Mayfield to me is like Goff. Successful but in a college system and he'll have to learn to be a pro. So yeah...I agree about the good team part. With both him and Darnold.

Rosen will be good if he stays healthy. The Doctors will decide his draft stock best as I can tell.

Jackson could be the best of the bunch but like Mayfield he should probably sit a year and like Rosen he'll have to worry about staying healthy because running QBs don't last.

I think its an exciting QB class as someone who isn't sweating bullets knowing that one of these QBs is coming my team's way :peep:
I feel like if Josh Allen could go somewhere and sit for a couple of years, he would be the best of them all, but he could get wrecked if he played right away. Guys like ARod and Romo really benefited from sitting, there's no shame in it